Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with my SA. At first, he thought I had a LR on order, and he was pretty strongly suggesting pausing prior to receiving a VIN/delivery date, as pausing after that point adds a note on your account that you "passed on a car" and from his experience, the logistics team tends to prioritize other customers first -- I guess the thinking is, if my job is moving product, customers who passed on a car before are more likely to again, slowing me down. Not sure if that squares with what anyone else has heard about the process.

Once he realized I had the Performance on order, he said basically not to worry about pausing now, and that if I do get scheduled for a December delivery when I'm out of town and request a delay, he thinks I'll still likely get a car in Jan, Feb at the latest.

He also confirmed that lots of people are inquiring about this very issue given the uncertain tax credit situation, and thinks Tesla may try to offer incentives (some free supercharging miles, premium connectivity, etc.) to try to speed product through for the end of the quarter. 🤷‍♂️
Lol, ya… you are gonna miss out on an $8,500 tax credit or rebate, but here’s a year subscription of Tesla premium connectivity valued at $120. 🤣

I mean, I guess it’s a nice gesture, but I doubt that will change many people’s minds if they already decided they want to wait for the credit.

Lol, ya… you are gonna miss out on an $8,500 tax credit or rebate, but here’s a year subscription of Tesla premium connectivity valued at $120. 🤣

I mean, I guess it’s a nice gesture, but I doubt that will change many people’s minds if they already decided they want to wait for the credit.

Free FSD would sweeten the deal! (A man can dream...)

Just got off the phone with my SA. At first, he thought I had a LR on order, and he was pretty strongly suggesting pausing prior to receiving a VIN/delivery date, as pausing after that point adds a note on your account that you "passed on a car" and from his experience, the logistics team tends to prioritize other customers first -- I guess the thinking is, if my job is moving product, customers who passed on a car before are more likely to again, slowing me down. Not sure if that squares with what anyone else has heard about the process.

Once he realized I had the Performance on order, he said basically not to worry about pausing now, and that if I do get scheduled for a December delivery when I'm out of town and request a delay, he thinks I'll still likely get a car in Jan, Feb at the latest.

He also confirmed that lots of people are inquiring about this very issue given the uncertain tax credit situation, and thinks Tesla may try to offer incentives (some free supercharging miles, premium connectivity, etc.) to try to speed product through for the end of the quarter. 🤷‍♂️

I had a 11-31 Dec EDD with no VIN assigned and have put a hold on until 3 Jan 21. Depending on how the Senate and reconciliation are looking I may unfreeze 2nd week of December.

My delivery just got pushed to November 20th to 24th..still haven't heard from SA about actual delivery scheduling.

I wish I knew if mud flaps and PPF were coming on it (I'm in Boise)...
I’ve seen recent videos on YT that some aren't receiveing either? Since they’re not adding usb c ports inside I doubt they will add mud flaps etc , I hope that’s not the case. We’re all on the same boat..

I was told by Tesla that you can call to schedule delivery even if you haven't received the text. Not sure if that's true, but there's a way to find out...

Thanks for that. I never got a text for sure to schedule delivery. Called up Tesla, found out the car is already at the Boise SC, and I scheduled for a pickup tomorrow afternoon. I probably could have picked it up today if I had called yesterday!

Edit:.... just as I was typing this, the service center called me directly. They said the MYP just arrived like an hour ago, and they need their prep team to prep it, which they aren't there on sun/mon, so had to reschedule for Tuesday pm. Now that I was able to talk to the delivery center, they confirmed that Boise is a "winter" service center, so normally (if in stock), the mud flaps and PPF are installed, and if not, I can have them added for free later.

Dang...I forgot to ask if they would be fine with switching my wheels. I already have a set of winter tires mounted (with tpms) on replika 19x8.5s, so after accepting delivery if they could immediately just bolt these others on for the drive home...

Some insight after talking to my SA today. I received a VIN last night. Called the local Tesla to try and schedule a pickup date. A few things were answered. He said the vehicle was released from Fremont for delivery yesterday. This means in my case at least that the VIN was assigned around the same time it was being put on the delivery truck. The vehicle would not arrive until Dec 4th which is the first day into my EDD window. This means it takes approximately 2 weeks for delivery from the west coast to the east coast. My 60-day window for financing ends on Nov 30th, he confirmed they would need to re-pull my credit again for financing. Advice for new orders, wait until you get a VIN to do this. Since delivery is on Dec 4, the SA said the estimated pickup wouldn't be until Dec 6-7. Not sure if every branch is like this but this one has a 3 to 4-day delay from delivery to pickup. Lastly, he did confirm I could pay after inspection with a cashier's check.

update: delivery slated for 11/19/21. Vin is 311xxx - can't wait to see if I have wireless charging /s

And of course, checking for body and especially the hatch on the driver side for misalignment or gaps. /s
Wireless charging works! Hatch slightly Misaligned, driver rear door slightly high, driver side taillight has a slight gap and the passenger side tail light just a little high.

Overall it’s great! It drives better than my traded in BMW X3.

Edit - one year premium connect. I changed my order 10/14. Just made it!

Last edited:
Free FSD would sweeten the deal! (A man can dream...)
Even discounted to like $2k, I'd probably do it. Seriously doubt Tesla will do anything, probably a "higher" (less low?) chance of the bill being retroactive.

Wireless charging works! Hatch slightly Misaligned, driver rear door slightly high, driver side taillight has a slight gap and the passenger side tail light just a little high.

Overall it’s great! It drives better than my traded in BMW X3.

Edit - one year premium connect. I changed my order 10/14. Just made it!View attachment 735482
Car looks nice! But dang, I do not miss those short SF driveways and (where I lived) small streets.

Reactions: acatwith12
Some insight after talking to my SA today. I received a VIN last night. Called the local Tesla to try and schedule a pickup date. A few things were answered. He said the vehicle was released from Fremont for delivery yesterday. This means in my case at least that the VIN was assigned around the same time it was being put on the delivery truck. The vehicle would not arrive until Dec 4th which is the first day into my EDD window. This means it takes approximately 2 weeks for delivery from the west coast to the east coast. My 60-day window for financing ends on Nov 30th, he confirmed they would need to re-pull my credit again for financing. Advice for new orders, wait until you get a VIN to do this. Since delivery is on Dec 4, the SA said the estimated pickup wouldn't be until Dec 6-7. Not sure if every branch is like this but this one has a 3 to 4-day delay from delivery to pickup. Lastly, he did confirm I could pay after inspection with a cashier's check.
This is good information. You picking up in ATL by any chance? I am in Pensacola, FL but it made me select ATL when I ordered. Your delivery dates sound identical to mine. They haven't reached out to schedule delivery, and now this makes sense why.

Reactions: DDoSS
Even discounted to like $2k, I'd probably do it. Seriously doubt Tesla will do anything, probably a "higher" (less low?) chance of the bill being retroactive.

Car looks nice! But dang, I do not miss those short SF driveways and (where I lived) small streets.
my street is narrow. Two cars cannot fit at the same time and my driveway is too short. I've lived on this street since 05, so I am pretty good at negotiaging narrow streets.

Reactions: Viv1984
MYP OD 11/5. Placed on hold 11/12, release date 2/27/22.

MYP OD 11/? to 12/?. May place a second order in the next two to three weeks, while price is only $1k more, then wait 3-4 weeks and put on max hold.

Next, see what the new hold release date is (for order two). Wait to see what updates are being rolled out in February/March (e.g 4680, upgraded x, y, and z, etc)... if no sign of a reason to wait, accept delivery in March (hopefully). If there is a reason to wait, cancel the first order and wait out the second