Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery day today! Tesla SA showed up at my house early in the morning with a nearly-flawless MYP. Documented some of the flaws, made a service appointment for mid-Nov and got her shoes changed (had an existing TireRack mobile appointment). Pics below of before/after. Interestingly the car came with front mudflaps but no PPF.
Installed Tesmanian floor mats, screen protector, and a couple of other tidbits along with the kids’ car seats. Only got to drive it for a short while today (busy day) but more miles to come! Will post more car pics tomorrow.
Flaws:
- Left repeater camera not installed properly
- Condensation in the right rear taillight
- Fairly deep scratch on windshield
- Scuff on front passenger door (beyond the clear coat)
- Rear passenger door trim gap
Hey Tesfam - thought I'd do a short follow-up on my experience with the MYP so far. As mentioned in the above post, there were a few issues with the car that I'd noticed. My service appointment was this past weekend, and it went moderately well. Dropped the car off at 8am with minimal wait. Was given $100/day in Uber credits as they didn't have a loaner, but they expected to keep the car overnight. Ended up they didn't, but here's what they resolved:
1. They re-installed the left repeater housing, and it does look better, but I don't think it's perfect. We looked at a few more cars in the lots and some had worse gaps than mine while others looked how it should (IMO). I was told that it's within spec now, so that door was closed. I can live with this as long as there are no electrical issues from this.
2. They replaced the right rear tail-light completely due to the continuous condensation.
3. They replaced the entire windshield.
4. They somewhat buffed out the scuff on the passenger door. IMO this still needs work but they were pretty firm on "looks good to us". They basically buffed out the edges of the scratch, but I can still see a slight hairline in the clear coat. I plan to make a follow-up appointment as I'm not really satisfied with this.
5. This was completely fixed - they replaced the entire triangular rear window panel and trim, and it's looks super smooth now.
6. There was also a loose bolt in the bottom of the rear bumper (right side) which they replaced/fixed.
7. They removed all the stains in the headliner in the rear.
8. I'm not sure what they did, but the jarring rattle I was hearing from the rear seat is completely gone.

So far, I've driven the car ~300 miles, mostly city driving with about 75 miles on the highway, and I've been very happy with the ride. There's been a lot said about wheels, and I'm personally glad I changed her shoes to 19" and went with larger tires... it's made the ride much more what I'd expect. Not even close to our XC60 with air suspension (which floats), but certainly better riding than the GLB250 w/ 20" wheels.

In terms of the overall drive itself, I've gotten used to the dimensions and the miniscule rear visibility. The torque and pace is everything you've heard about and more - it's insanely fast when needed but very controlled. The seats are comfortable, not spectacular but I'm a big fan of how they look. As a baby-hauler (car seats), I'm not a fan of how recessed the latch hooks or seatbelt buckles are in the rear. They work, it's just annoying when having to install/re-install. As expected, the touchscreen and right-shifted view of the speed is second-nature now. I installed the Temai gravity phone holder that goes on the left corner of the dash, and while I like it, it's way too far for me to comfortably reach without completely shifting my sitting position. I've taken to using the phone charger quite a bit to sit the phone, as I find the voice control response/recognition to be sufficient. I love the space in the car - we did a 30 mile trek to a forest preserve with the kids and grandma, plus winter gear, baby stroller, and an assortment of all day supplies and there was plenty of room left in the car. Used the recessed trunk space and side cubbies (with the Tesla inserts) to store the muddy, cruddy stuff and it worked out great. All this brings me to my last point... charging and range. The 40-amp Juicebox is being installed tomorrow (needed ComEd to come out ... ~6 week wait) so I've been relying on the mobile connector with a regular 5-15 outlet in the garage. It's worked out so far (about 4 miles/hour) because we don't drive a lot, but with the weather turning I'm glad we're getting the 50amp NEMA outlet installed. It's been cold out, so I had the climate set to heat the cabin up and turn on seat heaters for driver and passenger, and it lost 1% charge while connected to the 120v. Range... is a weird one. I changed the tire/wheel settings to reflect the Gemini's in the car, and for the first week estimated range at 100% was around 310 miles. Since then I'm hovering between 295 - 305 estimated miles at 100% charge. I typically charge to 79%, and my typical morning "commute" of 3 miles on fairly crappy city roads with stop and go traffic at around 30 degrees F drops me down to 74%, not including the 1% loss I mentioned earlier w/ pre-conditioning.

Anywho... long-winded way to say, I'm a big fan. No regrets getting the 2021, no regrets getting the white seats, no regrets spending extra for the P, no regrets with the Black exterior, etc, etc. Hang tight for those of you waiting; it's worth the wait, as the cliche goes.

Scheduled delivery date has moved 3 times from 11/28 to 12/1 to now 12/3. I called Tesla and apparently my car is just sitting at the hub in Birmingham Alabama without a truck picking it up yet. Very Frustrating

I ordered a white MYP with white interior on 11/6 and was given a delivery estimate of 12/16 to 12/31, it just updated yesterday with a revised estimate of 12/9 to 12/22. Getting pretty excited for it (I think, lol). It cost twice what I've ever spent on a car up to this point, so I hope the experience and build quality is high enough to justify it.
That sounds promising.

I ordered 11/4 white/white/tow and I’m still sitting EDD 12/15-12/31 in Dallas.

Hi, so I have a MYP and a Plaid S with EDD both in Dec. On the MYP, the EDD is Dec 11-31 whereas the S it's Dec 13-27. On the Tesla app, it gives me the option to "manage" and has a view button however for the S, i do not have "manage" button and only allows me to go to account instead of view, Anyone know why this is? TIA

I ordered on 11/2.

These are the delivery windows I’ve had since ordering.

12/21 - 12/31
12/27 - 12/31
1/4 - 2/1
Well, perhaps I done goofd.

I had loan selected but had not input my info because I wanted to wait until it was closer to my delivery date to do so. Got an email from my advisor telling me I need to rather select cash or input my info for the loan, so the date pushing back may have been because I hadn’t done that.

Oh well, I’m hoping to somehow end up with an Austin Y, so maybe I helped myself.

Reactions: Kaehny
Out with the old and in with the new (on 12/6).

Attachments

• 20211129_124656.jpg
    20211129_124656.jpg
    973.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 20211129_124556.jpg
    20211129_124556.jpg
    676.6 KB · Views: 55
Please help me y'all! I just got my EDD narrowed to 12/2 to 12/13 just this morning. My S.A. is unresponsive as usual... Rocklin, CA... I have a car that I need to sell before taking delivery of the Tesla due to needing the loan from my credit union. Have any of you figured out the delicate balance of when to sell your car and lock in your auto loan? I'm afraid I'll get the delivery date for the Tesla and not be ready to go with all the required actions. Any legit advise based on experience is greatly appreciated.

Please help me y'all! I just got my EDD narrowed to 12/2 to 12/13 just this morning. My S.A. is unresponsive as usual... Rocklin, CA... I have a car that I need to sell before taking delivery of the Tesla due to needing the loan from my credit union. Have any of you figured out the delicate balance of when to sell your car and lock in your auto loan? I'm afraid I'll get the delivery date for the Tesla and not be ready to go with all the required actions. Any legit advise based on experience is greatly appreciated.

Pretty common scenario. Do you have a VIN already? It seems to be typical to have 7-14 days between VIN and actual delivery, so if you don't have a VIN then you're probably fine to keep waiting. If you do have a VIN, then I wouldn't act until you have a confirmed delivery date and not just an EDD.