Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning on holding off getting my MYP until 2022, as there is strong speculation of a new Tax credit of $7,500, for Electric Vehicles purchased in 2022. For a possible tax credit of over $7,000, I figure I can hold off a couple of weeks.

Anyone know how long you typically have to wait, if you don't pick up your Model Y within 72 hours, after the initial notice?

I ordered Blue/White with tow hitch, so I'm a little worried that it'll take a while until someone cancels a Model Y with that particular spec.

Anyone have any experience passing on the first vehicle that Tesla says is available for you?

My due date is Dec. 13-31, so if I get really lucky, they'll tell me it's available Dec. 30 or 31.
you think after what elon said about the ev credit, this is still going to happen?

Ouch. I insured the car yesterday and the guy on the phone was telling me Tesla insurance is higher because drivers aren't used to the instant torque and are more susceptible to crashing them!
It takes so quick to get used to driving an EV, so unless people are crashing their EV the second they get their new Tesla, I doubt that's the reason main reason... Tesla's are premium/luxury cars, so you're not just insuring a Honda or Toyota. Coupled with most cases that you can't take your Tesla to just any repair shop, repairing a Tesla is typically much more costly than other ICE or EVs.

This is what I know about the proposed new EV tax credit: (Keep in mind, it's only "proposed")

The EV tax credits that are being proposed for 2022 are larger and more robust than previous (and current) electric vehicle tax credits. The incentives go up as high as $12,500 on new cars and up to $4,000 on used electric vehicles. And, potentially even more importantly, these tax credits will be refundable!

Current EV tax credits are nonrefundable, meaning the best you can get from the current EV tax credit is cancelling out other federal income taxes you owe, with no refund beyond that. The proposed electric vehicle tax credits for 2022 are refundable, meaning you could potentially get money back from the government for simply buying an EV. Wow.

What's very interesting is, unlike previous tax credits that were limited to the amount you owed in taxes for that particular year (if you owed less then the tax credit, you lost the amount above your tax debt) the new proposal will actually send you a check for the amount above your tax liability!

Again... this is only proposed so far, but I'd hate to take delivery on at the end of December 2021, and find out that I misssed out!

Just got my VIN as well, 2022 NF!!! I just happened to refresh the app and it said I needed to accept some changes (which was the tesla vision), then my VIN appeared, joy turned to sadness once I realized I now have to pay for the darn thing....lol

MYP - MSM/Black No Tow/ No FSD
OD 10/16
EDD 12/9-12/31, 12/5-12/19, 12/8-12/19
VIN assigned 12/8
Congrats!! I have the same order date as you.
MYP - White/Black No Tow/ No FSD
OD 10/16 EDD 12/02-12/30 Current EDD 12/9-12/31
Hopefully i get my vin soon! been checking 100000X a day lol

Reactions: 808MYP