Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN, does it sound like a recent build?

7SAYGDEF8NF336XXX

Like others, don’t really care for a car that is someone’s seconds.

But excited! My EDD was pushed to JAN to FEB recently but now with delivery date of 28 DEC.
I just got a VIN assigned an hour ago of 348xxx for a data point. I’m taking delivery 15 miles across the Bay for delivery EDD 12/20-24.

My personal thoughts. VIN seems a couple weeks old on yours but the delivery date would line up with getting it from CA to TX. Maybe this is one someone else dragged there feet and deferred taking because of BBB and it hasn’t left the factory yet. I know nothing just guessing. This is fun isn’t it!

I just got a VIN assigned an hour ago of 348xxx for a data point. I’m taking delivery 15 miles across the Bay for delivery EDD 12/20-24.

My personal thoughts. VIN seems a couple weeks old on yours but the delivery date would line up with getting it from CA to TX. Maybe this is one someone else dragged there feet and deferred taking because of BBB and it hasn’t left the factory yet. I know nothing just guessing. This is fun isn’t it!
Awesome thanks!

Yeah pretty crazy, I got a text at 6:45pm.

Took delivery of a Blue 2022 MYP, 5 seats, tow hitch, white interior, no FSD, Micheline Pilot All Season 4 tires.

Order date: 12/13/2021
VIN assigned: 12/23/2021
EDD 12/17/2021
car arrived 12/16/2021
picked up 12/17/2021
odometer: 15. miles

I got the car so quickly due to pure luck. I happened to be talking with a sales person about locating demo units for sale. He didn’t know about demo units since he was in a sales center rather than a store but went on to say someone canceled at the last second and a vehicle was headed to a Tesla store 100 miles from me and offered to assign the car to my reservation. He warned the car would most likely be ready on Friday and wanted to be sure I could take delivery. My credit union came through with flying colors & paid Tesla the next day via a fedex’ed cashier‘s check. The credit union provided me an image of the check, FedEx tracking ID which was important because Tesla ended up asking me to email the images to them.
I paid Tesla the remaining balance via Plaid. I waited a few days after the transaction completed and unlinked Tesla’s plaid link to my account, my bank offers this ability.

Attachments

• E7E68F20-A231-45C1-80B3-F6EEF88CE5A6.jpeg
    E7E68F20-A231-45C1-80B3-F6EEF88CE5A6.jpeg
    554.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
I just got a text saying
“Hi we currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in December.

Please reply DECEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out in the new year.”

Did anyone get the same text
OD 11/16
EDD 12/14-12/31
No vin
I did!!

My husband told me just delay. I did. Then immediately regretted it and tried to change. I’ve got financing all lined up everything.

It took 1-2 days to update but they indeed flagged me on hold. As soon as I saw that I pushed the button to say I’m Ready.

Terrible part, my EDD now says MARCH 21-April!!!!! I’m selling my ‘16 X tomorrow so 4 months isn’t an option.

How are people getting notified on VIN assignment?