Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering about the available east coast VINs myself. Mine comes off hold on 2/27 and I'm in Baltimore.

I haven't seen any VINs in the NC, VA, MD, PA area that are in the 381xxxx and up range and I haven't seen a <376xxx get assigned in over a week now.

Not looking good. Makes me think I'm either 100% going to be assigned an Intel that was already rejected, or I'll be stuck waiting for another month or two if indeed the 380xxx Intel batch is the last MYP batch sent east for a while (they def seem to be filling central and west coast orders now w/ the 381xxx and above.
I'm in SE PA outside of Philly and got a F382 vin.

My big dilemma is I plan to get a Rivian at some point... or at least that's in the cards. Not guaranteed, but I've got a reservation that I'll likely pull the trigger on. So... knowing I may* get rid of my car in 20-26 months, does it matter as much and is it worth Tesla cancelling my order and needing to then reorder, possibly not getting a car for another 2-3 months. To compound things, I'll have to pay $1,000 more + $250 fee... and likely a higher interest loan, on a car that I may*, by that time, keep for as little as 18 months =/

I think in that case it probably doesn’t matter much… If 24 months from now you’re not gonna have the car I just don’t think it’s gonna make a big deal one way or another.

Reactions: Stook02ss
There’s hope! I will keep everyone posted on my next assigned VIN. I’m in NC. Just saw yesterday that someone in TN got a 384 vin.

Cool. Well I’ll be curious to see as if removing the trailer hitch from my MYP order actually affects what kind of vin I’m gonna get… it’s the one on me that maybe not a lot of people are getting trailer hitches on their model Y performance and that if I changed the order it might actually delay me enough that I get a newer VIN. We’ll see…

• Helpful
Reactions: Stook02ss
My big dilemma is I plan to get a Rivian at some point... or at least that's in the cards. Not guaranteed, but I've got a reservation that I'll likely pull the trigger on. So... knowing I may* get rid of my car in 20-26 months, does it matter as much and is it worth Tesla cancelling my order and needing to then reorder, possibly not getting a car for another 2-3 months. To compound things, I'll have to pay $1,000 more + $250 fee... and likely a higher interest loan, on a car that I may*, by that time, keep for as little as 18 months =/
I've got the same Rivian plans... and went through the same dilemma of what to accept for MCU given my horizon and long-term plans. I guess that I also held the hope that the MYP might satisfy all my vehicle needs and that I might not feel as compelled to get a truck (I've had trucks nearly my whole life). For this reason, I really wanted the AMD MCU to help future proof the purchase and minimize reasons to trade in / sell down the road.

Ultimately the VIN I was assigned is Ryzen so the decision was made for me. I'm still not sure what I would have done had it been Intel but now it doesn't matter. I've already burned through one '21 VIN and declined a damaged '22 VIN, so not sure Tesla would have given me another shot.

Good luck with your choice. With a Rivian only a few years away, chances are that the Intel/Ryzen dilemma won't make much of a difference in resale. I think the MCU will really only be a problem many years from now as Tesla adds features that require MCU horsepower that the Intel lacks.

Location. There are most likely tons of "rejects" sitting out there.
I don't think Tesla has lot's of rejects sitting anywhere. All cars disappear within an hour or two after being published on "Waiting for Tesla" Discord site. Also, so many people are waiting in line.. There is no point for Tesla to waste money for storage, just assign a car to the next buyer or publish on Discord.

Reactions: KRS1017
OD: 1/22/22 MYP Black / White Interior / No Tow / NO FSD

EDD #1: February 28 - March 28 on 1/23
EDD #2: February 20 - March 6 on 2/4
VIN Assigned (876xx): Pickup on 2/25 - 2/28 on 2/8
Vin Released & Order On 30 Day Hold on 2/8
Order Hold released on 2/20
Vin #2 Assigned: 291xx on 2/22

Pickup: 3/10-3/14 in Atlanta, Georgia
Ooh. tempting to release my hold too.. same situation as you.

I don't think Tesla has lot's of rejects sitting anywhere. All cars disappear within an hour or two after being published on "Waiting for Tesla" Discord site. Also, so many people are waiting in line.. There is no point for Tesla to waste money for storage, just assign a car to the next buyer or publish on Discord.
I get what you're saying but it wouldn't surprise me if they get vinned in the next couple days to an Intel car. While I sit here in texas wondering will the day come lol.