Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get what you're saying but it wouldn't surprise me if they get vinned in the next couple days to an Intel car. While I sit here in texas wondering will the day come lol.
That problem will be gone soon enough when the Intel VINs are paired with the other 95% of Y buyers who don't care if their infotainment computer is not as fast as it could be (As fast as the day they ordered is good enough for them).
There will be harmony in the land.

I've been so busy playing with my new toy, that I forgot to update this forum!

Took delivery on Saturday, 2/19. Process was super easy. Had to sign a few papers inside, then the service guy walked us out to the car and looked it over with us. He actually noticed a few dirt spots that I had missed, and cleaned them for me. He seemed somewhat frustrated that they were missed during the inspection. I did not notice any fit and finish issues, though admittedly I don't have a trained eye for that stuff. It looks great to me!

VIN Range: 374XXX
Processor: AMD Ryzen
Tires: Michelin A/S
Heated wipers: unsure, but I'm on an older software update, so maybe they're not active
Low-voltage Battery: Not sure how to check, but my SA says it's Li-on, and I have no reason to doubt.

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to get a software update? Or know how to force one? I tried rebooting (holding scroll wheels) and that didn't do it. I'm missing a few features that supposedly came with v11 (tik tok, sonic, etc) but I do have v11 UI. I'm thinking this build is some sort of factory/service build because it already has boombox disabled while driving per NHTSA recall

MYP white / black, no options
Houston, Texas
OD: 11/17/21
VIN assigned: 2/3/22
Delivery: 2/18/22
AMD, All Seasons

Update about the delivery experience:

Went to pick up the car right on-time (2:00pm), car was not ready for pick up despite getting the "ready for pick up" text.
"Fine, we will grab a bite and come back, no big deal."
3:00: "your vehicle is ready, come pick up"
Pulled up to the front and the car was sitting under the awning right in front, kind of a cool pick up spot.

Here is where the problems start.
Passenger side trunk / headlight alignment is way off, just looking at the car its completely lopsided. The person helping with delivery states "we knew that was there, but the alignment is within spec." I requested to speak to someone higher up, and a service tech came to examine the vehicle. The service tech also reported that the panel is within spec. Both the delivery person and the service person said that I can reject the car, or take delivery. An adjustment would incur a cost to me. I requested to speak with a manager who came back, noted the difference, and took the car to the service area for a "measurement."
Luckily, he came back with the car within 20 minutes and stated that the alignment was not in spec and the car would be repaired within a few days. I was given the option to take delivery from my phone and leave the car there for repairs (which I agreed to). I opened the Tesla app and attempted to accept delivery, however there was a system wide crash and delivery acceptance was not available. The manager was not able to override on their own computers, and stated that the entire state system had crashed.

I took the time to inspect the rest of the car:
Condensation in driver's side fog lamp
Rear driver's side interior panel was popping off

The manager then states that we can leave and accept delivery from our phones when the system comes back on. He promised to fix the above issues. I was able to accept delivery on my phone an hour later, but will have to pick up the car 2 days from now after repairs are completed. Finally left Tesla after 2 hours had passed.

Side note:
This is our third tesla. The 1st time I bought a model 3 in early 2019, a system wide crash occurred and I was unable to take delivery. This delayed our delivery by almost 3 hours and the delivery center stayed open well past their closing time.
The 2nd Tesla was a model Y LR, had screen flickering when I took delivery. I brought this to the attention of the delivery employee who shrugged it off claiming "recalibration within 60 miles." The screen shut off completely on the drive home and I had to tow the car for repair.
3/3 Teslas with significant issues on delivery.

TLDR:
Multiple issues with MYP delivery, promised to fix issues after being initially denied by 2 employees. Persistence paid off in this case. Repairs and pick up within 2 days.
Where did you pick up? I just test drove at the Galleria Saturday afternoon

Taking delivery sometime between Friday and Tuesday (VIN F384xx, black/black/no FSD/no tow). Posted on these forums a few times RE: my experience but now I have a question...

I ordered the Homelink garage adapter and was hoping to get it installed when I take delivery (my understanding is that it takes ~15 minutes to setup... I joked to my wife that it feels like an empty box with "do not open" just so they can charge me the $$!). My SA said that I'd need to schedule a separate service appointment. Can anyone else confirm if they've been able to get Tesla to add this during delivery? Thanks!

Reactions: KRS1017
Taking delivery sometime between Friday and Tuesday (VIN F384xx, black/black/no FSD/no tow). Posted on these forums a few times RE: my experience but now I have a question...

I ordered the Homelink garage adapter and was hoping to get it installed when I take delivery (my understanding is that it takes ~15 minutes to setup... I joked to my wife that it feels like an empty box with "do not open" just so they can charge me the $$!). My SA said that I'd need to schedule a separate service appointment. Can anyone else confirm if they've been able to get Tesla to add this during delivery? Thanks!
I was hoping to get the same installation at pickup. Bummer if that is the case.

Unfortunately, its s service appointment. But it's quick, and can get you acclimated with you service advisor and the workings of Tesla Service. I for one enjoyed meeting my local service rep as I always try to build a relationship should something trivial occur down the road.

You may also be able to do mobile install if you're willing to wait...

Unfortunately, its s service appointment. But it's quick, and can get you acclimated with you service advisor and the workings of Tesla Service. I for one enjoyed meeting my local service rep as I always try to build a relationship should something trivial occur down the road.

You may also be able to do mobile install if you're willing to wait...
Thanks - yeah, he mentioned mobile install is an option. Looks like I'll just be going analog for a bit (garage door opener affixed to my visor)... I was just hoping they might let me "sneak" this in on delivery day.

Thanks - yeah, he mentioned mobile install is an option. Looks like I'll just be going analog for a bit (garage door opener affixed to my visor)... I was just hoping they might let me "sneak" this in on delivery day.

From my experience, delivery days at a Tesla Showroom are crazy busy / hectic , so I doubt they want to try and coordinate deliveries and service functions…

Haven't posted in this forum since I took delivery of my Model 3.

Order date: 1/15/2022
EDD: Feb 24 - Feb 27
MYP - Red, White Int, FSD, No Tow

Vin: NF388XXX - Verified AMD per Online chat advisor and Delivery location advisor. Didn't ask about the other stuff, but am happy with it. I hope everyone gets their cars soon. Sorry that some people have waited a lot longer than I. :(