Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't posted in this forum since I took delivery of my Model 3.

Order date: 1/15/2022
EDD: Feb 24 - Feb 27
MYP - Red, White Int, FSD, No Tow

Vin: NF388XXX - Verified AMD per Online chat advisor and Delivery location advisor. Didn't ask about the other stuff, but am happy with it. I hope everyone gets their cars soon. Sorry that some people have waited a lot longer than I. :(
Hmm I ordered a little over a week before and am still 2/22-3/22.

Please let us know which tires you get. I'd love to get the Michelins for trips to Big Bear / Mammoth

Taking delivery sometime between Friday and Tuesday (VIN F384xx, black/black/no FSD/no tow). Posted on these forums a few times RE: my experience but now I have a question...

I ordered the Homelink garage adapter and was hoping to get it installed when I take delivery (my understanding is that it takes ~15 minutes to setup... I joked to my wife that it feels like an empty box with "do not open" just so they can charge me the $$!). My SA said that I'd need to schedule a separate service appointment. Can anyone else confirm if they've been able to get Tesla to add this during delivery? Thanks!
I asked when we picked ours up on the 12th and was told no, as programming it to the garage is part of the install. I just got it installed via mobile service today. A little irritated I had to wait 1 1/2 weeks, but no other choice. Would be nice if they let you setup the service appt before you get the car.

I ordered (MYLR Red/Black 19" wheels, hitch) on 10/31/21 and the expected delivery was in June at the time of order. Until yesterday the EDD was April 22 - May 20 (though it changed back and forth a few times). Just a few minutes ago, I've got a message that the VIN is assigned (7SAYGDEE1NF375***) and the delivery is between Feb22-Feb28. This must be a rejected car, I guess. I am requesting to move the delivery back to May as (a) I don't need it until summer, (b) I have no time to complete the process (selling my car, finding the best financing, and scheduling a drive to another state for pickup) in less than one week, and (c) my wife is not even in town this month. I'm pretty sure I was notified and got a VIN at least a couple weeks ahead of delivery window when I picked my Model 3 in 2019.

Picked up our MYP in KC on Friday. Had to drive 7 hours through an ice/snow storm but Tesla did a great job having the car clean and ready for our appointment. VIN 373 had all upgrades present to my knowledge:
AS Tires
Ryzen chip
Li-Ion battery/heated wipers (SC told me they’re were present but wasn’t sure how to confirm)

PPF/Mudflaps were not installed but when I told them support told me they would be, they pulled it into the SC and put them on right then (a few bubbles present in the PPF, but hey, it was free). Thanks for the tip @ap105

Fit and finish were excellent. After half an hour, the only blemish I could find was a small scratch on the passenger taillight. They pulled it inside and buffed it out.

I love the car. My only complaint is with Autopilot on the way home. We had a 5 hour drive during daylight on a divided I-35 southbound, seemingly perfect conditions for Autopilot, and had at least a dozen instances of phantom braking. There were times when it seemed to be picking up overpasses or wasn’t sure if the semi ahead was in our lane or the opposite lane, other times I couldn’t figure out at all why it was confused. It happened so often that I found myself driving with my foot hovering over the accelerator to offset the sudden unanticipated deceleration. There were also 10 or so interventions when it thought I was veering off the roadway but was actually safely in the lane. These issues coupled with the 80mph Autosteer speed cap (speed limit was 75mph, traffic was flowing at 85+) made our first experience with Autopilot pretty poor. That’s a big disappointment when that tech is a large driver in your Tesla purchasing decision. These issues appear to be very widespread, maybe NHTSA’s involvement now will accelerate a fix.

Attachments

• 4C2519B8-1AED-47DB-BD95-90F4734C3A10.jpeg
    4C2519B8-1AED-47DB-BD95-90F4734C3A10.jpeg
    672.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 6CFA5E84-879A-4C38-87B2-903558C61FDE.jpeg
    6CFA5E84-879A-4C38-87B2-903558C61FDE.jpeg
    537.7 KB · Views: 69
Picked up our MYP in KC on Friday. Had to drive 7 hours through an ice/snow storm but Tesla did a great job having the car clean and ready for our appointment. VIN 373 had all upgrades present to my knowledge:
AS Tires
Ryzen chip
Li-Ion battery/heated wipers (SC told me they’re were present but wasn’t sure how to confirm)

PPF/Mudflaps were not installed but when I told them support told me they would be, they pulled it into the SC and put them on right then (a few bubbles present in the PPF, but hey, it was free). Thanks for the tip @ap105

Fit and finish were excellent. After half an hour, the only blemish I could find was a small scratch on the passenger taillight. They pulled it inside and buffed it out.

I love the car. My only complaint is with Autopilot on the way home. We had a 5 hour drive during daylight on a divided I-35 southbound, seemingly perfect conditions for Autopilot, and had at least a dozen instances of phantom braking. There were times when it seemed to be picking up overpasses or wasn’t sure if the semi ahead was in our lane or the opposite lane, other times I couldn’t figure out at all why it was confused. It happened so often that I found myself driving with my foot hovering over the accelerator to offset the sudden unanticipated deceleration. There were also 10 or so interventions when it thought I was veering off the roadway but was actually safely in the lane. These issues coupled with the 80mph Autosteer speed cap (speed limit was 75mph, traffic was flowing at 85+) made our first experience with Autopilot pretty poor. That’s a big disappointment when that tech is a large driver in your Tesla purchasing decision. These issues appear to be very widespread, maybe NHTSA’s involvement now will accelerate a fix.
Doesn't it need to be driven for a bit and calibrated prior to using Autopilot? Wonder if your issues stemmed from not driving it enough and calibrating?

Reactions: HellsKitchen
AS Tires
Ryzen chip

I guess I haven’t done autopilot on my 3 for a while, but since when has autopilot been capped at 80 mph? Or has that always been there and I apparently haven’t noticed?