Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, It will work! I did a little over kill! I am running 2AWG about 3' with a 100 amp breaker and my charge rate on the Tesla Gen 3 charger is set to it's max at 48 amps which charges about 39 miles an hour with 232v on a 2022 MYP! The older S models had the ability to charge around 80 amps, but the newer chargers are limited to 48 amps max. (Each breaker is 110v to 120v. Double breakers are 220v to 240v. Amps is the amount of current flow, more amps = faster charge rate) 48 amps at home is probably the sweet spot for keeping the charge cable from getting too hot while charging... Super Chargers while not constant have been known to charge up to 1032 miles an hour... However, realistically only average 6x faster than a home charger at 48amps.. Hope that gives some clarity and helpful info! Only had my MYP for less than a month and have over 1,300 miles on it... Loving it! Almost flawless! (bug sealed in my camera side pillar) small scratch inside door jamb.... It's not a show car! Paint is light inside the jambs and joints, some small imperfections here and there... But, panel gaps are really good and overall it looks pretty amazing! Delivery took 4 1/2 months, but worth it! Very Happy with the car...
Thanks so much for the reply but I have no idea what you said. My fault, not yours! I'm not very well versed in the electrical stuff.

Can you tell me in simple terms what i need to do to add another charging cable to my single plug outlet?

I am too cheap to get wall connectors so I have NEMA 14-50 and 6-50 in my garage. I have been using mobile chargers since 2017 to charge both Tesla. No issues so far. With my 3rd Tesla, I am considering a wall connector so that two cars can share.
And you can also set up when you charge right? No difference there? I’m also feeling a little too cheap for the wall connector

I thought about doing this because I'm usually painfully cheap. But I didn't want to leave home without a charger. Are you taking your charger with you all the time or do you just know you will be home every night?
No need to take your mobile charger. Plenty of super charging stations. Even if I take my mobile charger, not sure where I can plug that.

Yes, you can program to charge it at night. No different from a wall charger. I think wall charger is a little faster than mobile but not really. I may have to get a couple of wall charger later when I have to charge three Teslas. But for one or two EVs, mobile chargers will work fine

Last edited:
Did anyone else recently release their MYP hold? I need to release mine by April 1 (will do so 4p March 31).

Hoping the EDD is well after Gigafest in the event that Elon describes what exactly will be built and sold from Austin in Q2.
You will most likely be June, July EDD based on your location.
From what I see, Tesla fulfilled a large amount of West end orders for their quarter end push, I think we got moved up quite a bit.

I purchased a MYP out of inventory in February out of Glendale AZ. It's still in Glendale AZ. I ordered it from inventory because I wanted the AMD and the cars I was being offered were Intel (from my November order) so I put my order on hold and bought it. They keep pushing my delivery date back (at least 10 times now) because it's still sitting in AZ.

Now, because of the AZ car delay, I took my original MYP order from November off hold to see if maybe Tesla will deliver that first.

I did all this to have a car until my Model X arrives (which I have been waiting over a year for). We are getting closer and closer to my July 2022 estimate for my Model X and I'm still without a car.

Tesla is wholly incompetent.

• Funny
Reactions: xyeahtony
Update. I woke up this morning to a new EDD. This is 5 or 6 changes now. I've never changed anything on my order. It was 3/25-4/9. 4 hours later it shows 3/26-4/9.

I won't hold my breath, but I'll have some hopes.
New update, again while I am in delivery window. Delivery pushed back to 4/10-5/8. Coworker ordered MYP blue on black after I ordered. Already has his car (4 days ago). Maybe I should have ordered blue instead of white.

When I asked why I keep bouncing windows while I am in my window...
"Apologies for all the "bouncing". Our supply lines have been particularly strained lately and its affecting the amount of vehicles we're able to build."