Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD was getting closer and smaller for me but took a big jump the wrong direction this morning! Now October 14-November 3!

Ordered LR 7/27
7/27: November
7/30: December

Switched to MYP (Red/Blk/Tow)
8/1: 7-9 wks
8/2: 6-8 wks
8/3: Aug 19-Sep 08
8/9: Aug 21-Sep 02
8/10: Oct 14-Nov 03

I ordered 8/2. EDD is 8/30 - 9/19. It’s always -/+ 1 day.

Kinda ridiculous to spend $60k+ on a product and this is your experience.

If Tesla wants to sell me a car. Fine. But at this point I’m not even going to bother checking anymore.

I know I barley ordered. I’m not being impatient. But this is definitely a different experience from when I ordered my first Tesla.

It’s Tesla. Not Ferrari. They’re not rare and being hand made. Doesn’t Tesla produce a car every 3 minutes ?

brb waiting + 30 days for my car and I bet I will still have to take the car into the service center to fix imperfections.

EDD now 8/12 - 8/22, the end date was sticking the same until this morning.
(if my theory is correct, I should get a vin around the 13/14 range..)

Ordered on 7/8:
MY LR AWD, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 19s, AP, 5 seater
8/2 - 9/3

Modified on 7/9:
MYP, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 21s, AP, 5 seater 8/2 - 9/3

EDD Timeline:
7/13: 8/8 - 8/28
7/14: 8/1 - 8/21
7/15: 8/15 - 9/4
7/16: 8/1 - 8/21
7/23: Grayed out "Review Agreements" button appeared
7/24: 8/8 - 8/28
8/1: 8/3 - 8/21
8/2: 9/5 - 9/25
8/3: 8/5 - 8/21
8/4: 8/6 - 8/21
8/5: 8/7 - 8/21
8/6: 8/8 - 8/21
8/7: 8/9 - 8/21
8/9: 8/10 - 8/21
8/10: 8/12 - 8/22 as of today!

Reactions: lchen6 and jpy1980
I ordered 8/2. EDD is 8/30 - 9/19. It’s always -/+ 1 day.

Kinda ridiculous to spend $60k+ on a product and this is your experience.

If Tesla wants to sell me a car. Fine. But at this point I’m not even going to bother checking anymore.

I know I barley ordered. I’m not being impatient. But this is definitely a different experience from when I ordered my first Tesla.

It’s Tesla. Not Ferrari. They’re not rare and being hand made. Doesn’t Tesla produce a car every 3 minutes ?

brb waiting + 30 days for my car and I bet I will still have to take the car into the service center to fix imperfections.

I also share this frustration. Despite whatever else is going on in the world, this is an expensive purchase and in general I dont feel 'well loved' by Tesla at this point. I am 50 years old and I have bought more cars in my life than most people especially those who are younger, and I have never been through anything quite like this. To me, the problem is not the backlog or the wait time or anything else, but the lack of communication from Tesla. Lots of folks online (Ben Sullins, for one) have expressed ongoing frustration with Tesla's lack of clear communication during these processes. Some of this has to do with Elon Musk's style of business and the way these companies operate, but it would cost them next to nothing to be a little more transparent with us.

This is a perfect storm right now - semiconductor shortages which wont go away any time soon, a global panic over a disease, Tesla simultaneously building 2x new huge production facilities, and the fact that adoption of electric vehicles is at an all time high are not helping us get our cars. But, Tesla could help by giving us more frequent and more accurate data.

I also share this frustration. Despite whatever else is going on in the world, this is an expensive purchase and in general I dont feel 'well loved' by Tesla at this point. I am 50 years old and I have bought more cars in my life than most people especially those who are younger, and I have never been through anything quite like this. To me, the problem is not the backlog or the wait time or anything else, but the lack of communication from Tesla. Lots of folks online (Ben Sullins, for one) have expressed ongoing frustration with Tesla's lack of clear communication during these processes. Some of this has to do with Elon Musk's style of business and the way these companies operate, but it would cost them next to nothing to be a little more transparent with us.

This is a perfect storm right now - semiconductor shortages which wont go away any time soon, a global panic over a disease, Tesla simultaneously building 2x new huge production facilities, and the fact that adoption of electric vehicles is at an all time high are not helping us get our cars. But, Tesla could help by giving us more frequent and more accurate data.
Maybe I should also explain that:

- Yesterday I got a message saying 'you've been scheduled for delivery' via text - but no VIN, and when I tried to login it would not load.
- This morning my dates went from 8/21-8/27 to 8/22-9/3

So, yeah.

Got a text yesterday labeled as "Tesla Update" to trade in my car (even though I have no car to trade in). Try to go into my profile but won't load (click the "manage" button but it just load into the same dashboard page).

Today, got an email to complete payment, try again to login through dashboard but won't load again. I then tried to use the direct bookmark web address that link to the order page and seems like my insurance information is gone but there it is... VIN assigned and a button to "move forward to delivery". Clicked that and now it lets me to put in my bank account and wire money but there is no button or anything to schedule delivery.

Is it possible to pay after inspection of the car or I have to get it done before given an option to schedule delivery?

Reactions: MBx4