Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm actually starting to consider that Tesla is intentionally not delivering MYP orders from before the price increase. Why sell a car to me when you can sell it to someone else and make an additional $4k to report as gross profits in a down quarter? Anyone have any thoughts on this?
That would not be worth it. As prices will continue to go up and those people would get even more of a deal than before

I'm actually starting to consider that Tesla is intentionally not delivering MYP orders from before the price increase. Why sell a car to me when you can sell it to someone else and make an additional $4k to report as gross profits in a down quarter? Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Doesn't Tesla honor the price of the vehicle at the time you submitted your order? So, say you order MYLR in January and then switch to MYP in May. Tesla will allow you to switch to MYP at the January price. I could be wrong but I thought that is how it works.

I guess at the end of the day though Tesla is converting lower margin orders to higher margin ones when you switch. I agree that this is what we are observing and Tesla is essentially incentivizing.

I think it is all about Tesla being able to get older (less profitable) orders off the books by converting them to MYP and prioritizing the orders of those who switch.

How accurate is the 4 day window? I have a vin and received a text the vehicle is completed and shipped. June 15-19 on the east coast. Planning to be out of town around then.
fairly accurate, someone from tesla will contact you about scheduling an appointment for delivery. However, you can always defer but at this point if you defer you probably wont get another car for a month or so id imagine. your choice. that being said, how long are you gone? they might delay up to a week for you for extenuating circumstances.

How accurate is the 4 day window? I have a vin and received a text the vehicle is completed and shipped. June 15-19 on the east coast. Planning to be out of town around then.
First, congrats on the VIN. When did you get it and what is your config? Sorry to answer your question with a question. I have not yet received my VIN and the middle of my EDD June 18. I am also on the east coast and traveling this month.

For those on the east coast that received VINs this past weekend (like me), realistically what is the earliest that we could see our cars? My delivery window in currently 6/12-6/16 and I have travel scheduled on 6/15, so hoping that's not an issue.