Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is just speculation but do we have an idea of why MYP are having a bit longer delivery estimates at the moment? Is it perhaps to roll them out with the updates many are waiting on (headlights, door panels, HEPA, etc) which the March timeframe would align well considering fewer MYP are produced and quarter end? Perhaps that’s also why the LR version has a quicker delivery as more of that variant are ordered so they need to get through existing inventory to also implement updates in it as well.

I just hope that the delay is because of the new updates.....My Tesla SA told me that my MYP expected delivery is this week..... which, to be honest I don't think so.

I will keep you guys updated!

This is just speculation but do we have an idea of why MYP are having a bit longer delivery estimates at the moment? Is it perhaps to roll them out with the updates many are waiting on (headlights, door panels, HEPA, etc) which the March timeframe would align well considering fewer MYP are produced and quarter end? Perhaps that’s also why the LR version has a quicker delivery as more of that variant are ordered so they need to get through existing inventory to also implement updates in it as well.
My guess, is that the three row version is in production now.

Ok guys, I just have a call from Tesla....
MYP deliveries delayed one more month from now. They said March now.

Kind of disappointed ;-(
Yup.
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 9.26.04 PM.png

Ok guys, I just have a call from Tesla....
MYP deliveries delayed one more month from now. They said March now.

Kind of disappointed ;-(
Mine looks like it will be beginning of Mar at worst. /shrug
I've not dealt with this type of interaction in buying a car before (normally just a message that you need to be patient and normally takes 2-3 months). I think I will stop watching like a hawk and temper expectations that it will come when it comes with the features at the time of delivery.

upload_2021-2-4_9-40-55.png

Looks like I am joining the group of MYP orders pushed back into March. Back to the original estimate of March 4-31. Such a tease with the temporary hope of a February delivery.

Don't sweat it. Maybe with a March delivery, you'll get the new goodies everyone keeps talking about (new headlights, console, etc.)--if that matters to you.

This is definitely a fun roller coaster ride; a day after seeing my dates shift back into March, they shifted back into February. I’m now showing Feb 13-March 5. We will see how long this one sticks.

Mine has shifted for the first time. Has been March 3-31 since January 22. This morning Feb 15 - March 07

but still no VIN. So wait and see
(Ottawa Canada)

Hi all.

I ordered a blue/white MYP on 12/29. CA told me MYP are usually built at the end of the production run. With that said, I was matched to an 87xxx VIN a few weeks ago and deferred. Ever since, I've either seen no ETA, or one that stretched to Mar 24. This week, however, that has changed. It was showing Feb 10-Mar 2, now showing Feb 14-Mar 6. So I suspect they are currently manufacturing MYP and VINs will start to be assigned soon.

Reactions: kaess
I ordered back on 10/24/20 (before the FSD price increase). I deferred until Q1 to align with the end of my current vehicle’s lease. Tesla did assign me an 88XXX VIN in December to deliver on 12/31 but I asked to be unmatched and put back in the queue.

I have been extending my lease month to month with BMW, and I think I'm gonna keep both for a month just to compare (I've been driving BMW for nearly 20 years now, the first time I've deviated from the brand). I bought the Y in case I want to upgrade to a S/X next year. I'm curious about the perceived luxury difference I may experience. I just have some heartburn about X pricing, but the new refresh is tempting...

Reactions: zh2oson