Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Wingwinghello I think you missed my point.... Tesla devalued my new Plaid by more than $60,000 in less than a month - for a "Hot" car, as you say... Imagine how much more of a hit I would take if it were not a "Hot" car, a 2020, instead of a 2021, and plentiful, like an every day MY....
I mean it’s like your car depreciated 40% in the first month. So the point still holds that one MY diff won’t get you another 40… I’d say 5% most

@Wingwinghello I think you missed my point.... Tesla devalued my new Plaid by more than $60,000 in less than a month - for a "Hot" car, as you say... Imagine how much more of a hit I would take if it were not a "Hot" car, a 2020, instead of a 2021, and plentiful, like an every day MY....
Well then again its Tesla... historically they under value cars even their own. Who knows when this market will level itself out but it will & wont be as dramatic for a MY. As the MY is honestly not making waves like the plaid.

But to say the resale value of a 21 vs 22 MY will be as dramatic as your all caps reply is not that much. Couple thousand at best which is expected of any new car.

Well then again its Tesla... historically they under value cars even their own. Who knows when this market will level itself out but it will & wont be as dramatic for a MY. As the MY is honestly not making waves like the plaid.

But to say the resale value of a 21 vs 22 MY will be as dramatic as your all caps reply is not that much. Couple thousand at best which is expected of any new car.
@Wingwinghello It's okay to disagree, that's what the forum is all about - discussion. From first-hand experience, I found Tesla valuations fairly competitive. For example, I traded a 6/2019 M3+ (AB LR) with FSD to them for the Plaid and received $52,800 credit (or was it $51,800?) - before the ~$5200 sales tax benefit we enjoy here in WA state.

Reactions: Wingwinghello
@Wingwinghello It's okay to disagree, that's what the forum is all about - discussion. From first-hand experience, I found Tesla valuations fairly competitive. For example, I traded a 6/2019 M3+ (AB LR) with FSD to them for the Plaid and received $52,800 credit (or was it $51,800?) - before the ~$5200 sales tax benefit we enjoy here in WA state.
Oh man, that is a good trade. I need to move to WA, lol.
Here in TX its bad, when I was going to trade in my 19' Model 3 LR AWD with 32K miles last year for my current MY LR. They gave me a value of 22K, YES you read that right, (no its not a salvage car). Sold it out right for 36K, given this was pre pandemic shortage. Well fast forward to now, I wanted to trade in my 21' MY LR just a month ago for my MYP im waiting to be delivered. They gave me 42K offer, no FSD and 5k miles. Sold it wholesale for 60K.

Reactions: jebinc
Oh man, that is a good trade. I need to move to WA, lol.
Here in TX its bad, when I was going to trade in my 19' Model 3 LR AWD with 32K miles last year for my current MY LR. They have me a value of 22K, YES you read that right, (no its not a salvage car). Sold it out right for 36K, given this was pre pandemic shortage. Well fast forward to now, I wanted to trade in my 21' MY LR just a month ago for my MYP im waiting to be delivered. They gave me 42K offer, no FSD and 5k miles. Sold it wholesale for 60K.
@Wingwinghello Wow, crazy, right?!

Reactions: Wingwinghello
Someone mentioned the torque is higher for 2021 MYP. I saw a dyno video on the 2020 MYP that put 500+ hp to the wheels, but cannot find any dyno figures for the 2021. Anyone know the current numbers and if there has been a change? Also read about someone doing 0-60 in 3.3 which seems absurd given that almost everyone else with a dragy seems to be getting 3.65-3.8. Is this vitally important? No, but certainly curious.

true that the assembly line does not speed up, but most afraid the QA/QC and all the checking afterward does....
Not logical. If the cars are rolling off the line at the same speed then QC is not rushed anymore than normal. Elon slept on the floor to "optimize" his robots. Are the robot's sloppy on Friday's and end of quarter's all of a sudden?

What is the difference between a 2022 and a 2021?
Nothing. MAYBE a single front casting. 4680 batteries won't be introduced well into the 2022 lifecycle. Pearl clutching over 2022 v 2021 is silly, imho. Just like worrying that the factory suddenly gets sloppy EOQ.

In short, the only difference between the model years.... is the paperwork.

Reactions: BigOWilly
Can I add the tow after I receive the MYP, Or does it only come from the factory? Is the rear facia different? I don't mind taking it back to the dealer to get installed if they wont let me do it myself. Just don't want to change the order and wait till Nov. I have two kids and when we travel, it is nice to add a luggage rack to the back.
The Telsa Shop shows it for $1,200 and includes installation. There are some cheaper aftermarket but the installation involves taking off the bumper cover, taillights and some trim.

Reactions: nelsond003
Nothing. MAYBE a single front casting. 4680 batteries won't be introduced well into the 2022 lifecycle. Pearl clutching over 2022 v 2021 is silly, imho. Just like worrying that the factory suddenly gets sloppy EOQ.

In short, the only difference between the model years.... is the paperwork.
Yeah, doubt we will see any more changes this year.
For me, I like the idea of a 2022 because it’ll feel like I have a brand new car all of next year haha.
Also, I’ve survived this long without it, what’s another month or so.

Not logical. If the cars are rolling off the line at the same speed then QC is not rushed anymore than normal. Elon slept on the floor to "optimize" his robots. Are the robot's sloppy on Friday's and end of quarter's all of a sudden?
you have to factor in when there is QC/QA issue, this goes back into fixing, then going through same QC/QA progress, sometimes a second round fixes needed, this will build up and delay some part of the line if you view it in a complete production progress, the more the push for end of quarter delivery, then the more pressure and mess these needs to be pushed out from this loop. I work in a fairly large company production/assembly oversee, and this always happen during end of quarter pushes or in meeting certain deliveries expectation. Many things can go wrong and is not all robotic in a complete assembly cycle.

The Telsa Shop shows it for $1,200 and includes installation. There are some cheaper aftermarket but the installation involves taking off the bumper cover, taillights and some trim.
I am also regretting a bit not including tow, knowing after delivery it will be +200 more, after watching aftermarket installation, it is a bit more involved than I was expecting. But I dont want to delay my date either by changing config now.

Reactions: jebinc
you have to factor in when there is QC/QA issue, this goes back into fixing, then going through same QC/QA progress, sometimes a second round fixes needed, this will build up and delay some part of the line if you view it in a complete production progress, the more the push for end of quarter delivery, then the more pressure and mess these needs to be pushed out from this loop. I work in a fairly large company production/assembly oversee, and this always happen during end of quarter pushes or in meeting certain deliveries expectation. Many things can go wrong and is not all robotic in a complete assembly cycle.
Is there data or evidence to support this other than the regular anecdotal evidence that Tesla QC sucks regardless of where on the calendar a car is made? Because I'm still firmly in the belief that there is literally no difference between a car made the last week of September and one made the first week of October.

The insinuation is that Tesla is knowingly sending out rejected cars anyway. That's pretty damning. Why would anyone buy a car from Tesla in the first place if this is true?