Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After following Tesla all the way back to the pre-Elon days I finally reached the point in my life where I can jump into the waters. Yesterday I ordered/leased a Performance Y! I specifically went with the Performance because delivery was December. And it said December when I finished the order. yesterday. But I woke up this morning to it saying February-March? WTF?

I'm at the stage where it's asking for an insurance proof and it said everything was approved. Did I forget a step and it's getting pushed out or did it just change in general? Anyone know how I can find out?

This is interesting if it's a Performance.. just checked Tesla website, every other model except Y will show estimated delivery when you go to configure. (when before it would say April for MYLR and December for MYP.. and now it's gone?

Could this mean they are making the structural and/or battery changes?

This is interesting if it's a Performance.. just checked Tesla website, every other model except Y will show estimated delivery when you go to configure. (when before it would say April for MYLR and December for MYP.. and now it's gone?

Could this mean they are making the structural and/or battery changes?
I still see Dec for MYP and April for MYLR

Mine still shows 11/7-11/27 on a 9/27 order.

Frankly, I'd be fine with a post-december delivery as the wheels that I ordered a few days ago are on a 4-6 month production delay. I'm going to be out of the country for most of December anyway.

Ratematch@tesla
I reached out to Tesla for rate match and they did respond. Confirmed that the program did end today. They also said that the lowest rate that any of their lenders could currently offer was 2.49%. After hearing so many stories of people getting less than 2%, seems a little odd. Maybe my conspiracy theorist is coming out. Oh well.

I reached out to Tesla for rate match and they did respond. Confirmed that the program did end today. They also said that the lowest rate that any of their lenders could currently offer was 2.49%. After hearing so many stories of people getting less than 2%, seems a little odd. Maybe my conspiracy theorist is coming out. Oh well.
Sorry to hear that. You just missed it. I used rate match and got it under 2%, but the car won't be ready for another 4-8 weeks... I hope my rate with Tesla holds.

Maybe we'll get the single front cast!
Drone videos already saw some cast laying around at Fremont.
why do people want this?

I try to avoid first runs of most things

Yup

I want single cast as well but not from the first batch of a new factory. Tesla has a bad track record of QA for first runs of any manufacturing changes.

Also, anything built during the end of year quota push tends to have rushed build quality from what we have seen in the past. I think the ideal timeframe for a Tesla delivery is February-September and at least a full quarter after a new first run. So I would say any Model Y's being delivered between June-September 2022 would have the best chance of having single casts and good build quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: thinktwice
How long does it take for the main page to update with details of the order? I placed my order about 24 hours ago and it shows this (order # cut off)

Is this normal where you can't even click on it? My sales advisor said they are still searching for my order which is extremely odd.
IMG_9AAB57CC42DE-1.jpeg