Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know how many of you fell the same way as I do but I'm doubting this purchase already.
- The order push is out of control.
- Zero communication from anyone.
and now with hertz ordering 3's and future Y's, we are going to see them like a dime a dozen. not to mentioned the hurt on the resale value. thinking of forgetting this and pick up a GTR or something else. Porsche 911 maybe?
Another 40K for a slower car that doesn't fit my needs, that's a hard no for me.

I think a lot of folks seem to forget that production delays are universal at this point and at least Tesla isn't tacking on 10-20k "market adjustments" like a lot of dealerships are.
The fact they aren't gouging their customers was the FINAL impetus for me to go Tesla. The main reason I will wait as long as humanly possible. ... Have very little patience for people or companies who use crisis conditions to gouge and profiteer. "Well everyone else is doing it" is a lazy and disgusting excuse.

Last edited:
I think a lot of folks seem to forget that production delays are universal at this point and at least Tesla isn't tacking on 10-20k "market adjustments" like a lot of dealerships are.
We all understand production delays. We all understand that making cars right now is difficult. But you know what's not difficult? Communication.

Take @Tombaugh for example. Tesla gave him a VIN and took is money. Then they screwed him out of VIN and THEN they kept his money. He had to contact THEM to find out what's going on. No one here in this forum has been screwed as hard as him.

Last edited:
We all understand production delays. We all understand that making cars right now is difficult. But you know what's not difficult? Communication.

Many of us are put off by the brand because Tesla has displayed an uncanny ability not give a flying f*** about their new customers... like really REALLY have zero F's to give. Tesla, right now, seems to be the only company actually annoyed they have to build our cars (when they're not actually distracted with patting themselves on the back for being masters of the universe).

The smartest company in the world leading the AI frontier can't make a simple algorithm to say "Hey, sorry about leading you on in September, our bad, here's what to expect next." But you'd actually have to give a sh** to write the algorithm to do that.

Sorry. Whining again.
Ha! You think other manufacturers are better?

I work at a ford dealership, try looking online to see when your super duty is going to be delivered.

• Funny
Reactions: Phreddieruxpin
Yeah, I think the majority here don't care about the delays. It's the lack of communication, which is the lack of customer service. You're telling me that in terms of how vertically integrated Tesla is they can't give us a better idea on where the second biggest purchase most people make in their lives are so they can plan more accordingly.

Tesla was supposed to be, you know, better than the competition in those regards.

Yeah, I think the majority here don't care about the delays. It's the lack of communication, which is the lack of customer service. You're telling me that in terms of how vertically integrated Tesla is they can't give us a better idea on where the second biggest purchase most people make in their lives are so they can plan more accordingly.

Tesla was supposed to be, you know, better than the competition in those regards.

Oh I care about the delays.

But let’s not call it a delay YET, I don’t trust EDD too much.

If new orders on the website suddenly move to Feb and If all those “experts” start changing delively estimates for Q4, it will mean more than EDD

I ordered my MYP on 10/25 and started with a EDD of 12/19 - 12/31. It hasn't changed in the last week and I don't have my VIN just yet. I'm really looking forward to it though. I just wrapped up a lemon law buy-back of my '19 Ford Edge ST and am patiently waiting delivery. I'm torn on whether to try to take delivery after the 1st to up my chances at a subsidy, but these decisions are way bigger than me. If it happens then so be it, icing on the cake.

I do hope though that I don't have to deal with the russian roulette of EDD changes some of you all have had to put up with.

0CFBDBCB-B0B6-469C-A001-CB6BD3ECC9A9.jpeg
Got my vin!!!

I ordered my MYP on 10/25 and started with a EDD of 12/19 - 12/31. It hasn't changed in the last week and I don't have my VIN just yet. I'm really looking forward to it though. I just wrapped up a lemon law buy-back of my '19 Ford Edge ST and am patiently waiting delivery. I'm torn on whether to try to take delivery after the 1st to up my chances at a subsidy, but these decisions are way bigger than me. If it happens then so be it, icing on the cake.

I do hope though that I don't have to deal with the russian roulette of EDD changes some of you all have had to put up with.
You're just joining the party, have fun!

Welcome

Welcome! Just sold my M3 and ordered my MYP a day before you. Same thing, no VIN and no change in EDD currently (knocks on wood) ha

Last edited: