Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a LR model X on order and still do, but with disappointing EPA range numbers ordered a MYP yesterday, my fingers are crossed for delivery mid DEC.
I am in the same boat, but ordered a MYP a couple months ago as a backup. As we have no idea if our X will ever come, and I currently have no car, I may end up taking the MYP to take the pressure off on the X delivery and have something to drive in the mean time. Problem is if I take the Y now, I will likely miss out on the $10,000 tax credit starting January 1. You just can’t win with Tesla

I am in the same boat, but ordered a MYP a couple months ago as a backup. As we have no idea if our X will ever come, and I currently have no car, I may end up taking the MYP to take the pressure off on the X delivery and have something to drive in the mean time. Problem is if I take the Y now, I will likely miss out on the $10,000 tax credit starting January 1. You just can’t win with Tesla
Yeah exactly, I’ve been single car since September and can’t wait forever. I actually officially cancelled my order for my refresh X last night. Just not a big enough difference from the Y to justify a 45k mark up, plus potentially losing out on the 8k credit (if it passes).

I have a feeling my EDD will slip forward as more people right in the gap choose to defer their orders… just hoping it doesn’t pull me forward into December. I love my other X but going to wait until tabless or a range hike to around 450 miles comes.

Reactions: Wooly1
But if the MYP is a temporizing measure that you can get the tax rebate on your X and sell the MYP probably for more than you pay for it. You can also do a Section 179 deduction if you qualify on the X only.