Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are some good points. I hadn't considered all of them... not that it changes my mind on what I want. I did read though that normally you go from 90-25/30.... so 90% being your nominal home charge, not 80? Is 80% the recommended charge for extended battery life? Or are you referring to the % you charge up to at SC stations?

Also, isn't it perfectly fine to do a full charge once in a while, without actually hurting the battery life that much? I swear I read about people who would charge up to 100% before going on road trips, and they'd do it at least once a month or more.
Yes, 80% just for road tripping (in transit). I generally start the trip at 100%. At home, my daily limit is 90%.

These are some good points. I hadn't considered all of them... not that it changes my mind on what I want. I did read though that normally you go from 90-25/30.... so 90% being your nominal home charge, not 80? Is 80% the recommended charge for extended battery life? Or are you referring to the % you charge up to at SC stations?

Also, isn't it perfectly fine to do a full charge once in a while, without actually hurting the battery life that much? I swear I read about people who would charge up to 100% before going on road trips, and they'd do it at least once a month or more.
I charge to 100% all the time for road trips. And daily along road trips when using a hotel destination charger.

My degradation has held at about 9% (at 107k miles I’m 4 years).

View attachment 736765
This will vary but I am hearing 4-5 days from a few shops locally.

A few random updates:
I had mud flaps and sections of PPF installed and SA implied in our area you get them for free but need to ask for them.

I did receive the full 1 year connectivity and 1000 free supercharging miles (ordered 9/1, used referral link).

If you want faster updates change from standard to advanced in the car software settings to get the update pushed out faster.
Thanks for the info about the mud flaps and PPF installation at the DC here in Kansas City. I will make sure to ask for them when my MYLR shows up in a few weeks.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
I charge to 100% all the time for road trips. And daily along road trips when using a hotel destination charger.

My degradation has held at about 9% (at 107k miles I’m 4 years).

Agreed. I've been charging my i3 to 100% in this same way since I've owned it, and my degradation is <5% after 3 years/31k miles. Can't see why a MY would be any different.

Reactions: NHK X and Stook02ss
Not sure what to make of zero movement in my EDD. Just going to sit here and twiddle my thumbs lol
I think it depends on your delivery location and the various options. So, I wouldn't think it odd unless someone with the same exterior and interior color car with a similar order date going to a similar part of the country had their date move and yours didn't... only then would I be scratching my head.

I didn’t receive email /text from Tesla about my car. However, the VIN is showing in my profile and there is a button for “accept delivery and agreement”. Here are the questions:
1: how do I know if the USB is installed or not
2: cashier check should be payable to “Tesla INC”?
3: will my car included side ppf and mudguard?
Thanks

That's what I'm afraid of...getting pushed back. I would've thought with people wanting the tax credit that would push orders sooner to those wanting it this year
Yeah, I'm shocked people who want one this year are having an issue getting it. I'd think you'd still be able to order a MYP today and have a decent chance of getting it by the 31st... but I guess not.

Reactions: Clark_Kent
Yeah, I'm shocked people who want one this year are having an issue getting it. I'd think you'd still be able to order a MYP today and have a decent chance of getting it by the 31st... but I guess not.
Keeping my fingers crossed. My guess is people are so tired of waiting, they'd gladly give up the potential 7500-8000 just to have it sooner. There's a reason ppl are willing to pay more for a used model on the lot to be able to drive it now lol

Reactions: Stook02ss
I didn’t receive email /text from Tesla about my car. However, the VIN is showing in my profile and there is a button for “accept delivery and agreement”. Here are the questions:
1: how do I know if the USB is installed or not
2: cashier check should be payable to “Tesla INC”?
3: will my car included side ppf and mudguard?
Thanks
1. You won't know until you inspect the car yourself. Even if they tell you it's there or it's not, I highly recommend you trust but verify.
2. Call them and ask.
3. If you're in California most likely not but you won't know until you take delivery.