Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Need advice here. I am currently traveling overseas and returning on 2/20.

I am looking to time my MYP delivery right after I get home. Currently I have my order on hold till 2/18. Will like to get your opinions on 1)Should I release the hold now or 2)Let the hold auto release when it gets closer to 2/18? My concern here is if I were to let it auto release the hold on 2/18, I may have to wait for another 3-4 weeks before I can pick up the car.

Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

—————————————————————-
OD: 11/20/21 (MYLR/ MSM/black interior/ no tow/ no FSD)
11/24: Requested order change MYLR-> MYP (MSM/blk interior/ no tow/ no FSD)
EDD: 12/26-12/31
11/30: Requested hold till 2/18/22 due to overseas travel
——————————————————————-

Hello all,

I am looking to time my MYP delivery right after I get home. Currently I have my order on hold till 2/18. Will like to get your opinions on 1)Should I release the hold now or 2)Let the hold auto release when it gets closer to 2/18? My concern here is if I were to let it auto release the hold on 2/18, I may have to wait for another 3-4 weeks before I can pick up the car.

Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

—————————————————————-
——————————————————————-
Well releasing the hold now would prob give you a March EDD, but you can get a vin at anytime. In my opinion, you are prob better off waiting to say you are ready when you are only a few days to being back.

Hello all,

—————————————————————-
——————————————————————-
I released my hold on 1/3 and taking delivery Monday 1/31 if that’s any guide but it’s hard to say bc as you can probably tell by reading this thread there’s no way to really tell.

Hello all,

—————————————————————-
——————————————————————-
I would say release the hold now

Reactions: 907XCP
Hello all,

—————————————————————-
——————————————————————-
I would release hold now, if by chance you get matched and they need you take take delivery, you can ask to release the VIN and be re-assigned a different one.

If you release the hold now, the Tesla gods will know you cant pick it up and schedule you for delivery in 3 days.
I would release hold now, if by chance you get matched and they need you take take delivery, you can ask to release the VIN and be re-assigned a different one.
Thanks all for the feedback. I am thinking about releasing hold now, but afraid of for any reason ‘Tesla God’ finds out and intentionally assigns one to me knowing I won’t be able to take delivery, I will get punished and not re-assign one for another 3 months :(

MYP Blue/White
OD: 1/8/22 Est. Completion 2/24/22 through 3/24/22
VIN Assigned 1/17/22 367XXX VIN
1/24/22: App informed to assign insurance and make payment for expected delivery between 2/4 and 2/11/22
1/26/22: Sorted out open items in the app
1/27/22: Call from delivery location to make appointment for pickup between 2/8 and 2/10/22

Reactions: KzooMYP
MYP Blue/White
OD: 1/8/22 Est. Completion 2/24/22 through 3/24/22
VIN Assigned 1/17/22 367XXX VIN
1/24/22: App informed to assign insurance and make payment for expected delivery between 2/4 and 2/11/22
1/26/22: Sorted out open items in the app
1/27/22: Call from delivery location to make appointment for pickup between 2/8 and 2/10/22
What’s your location? What a breeze huh? Most people here have orders from November still 😭

Reactions: Dimundz