Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP - Red/Black w/ tow hitch
OD - Nov 8, 2021
EDD - Feb 5 to Mar 5 (changed several times, most recently from late Dec, to Jan/Feb, to Feb/Mar)
Delivery location - Vaughan Ontario
It was updated today for a Feb 12 to 24 date. Looking forward to find out what the VIN is.

I’d be happy with either Fremont or Austin, 2170 or 4860.

I just wanna know for heaven’s sake!

Well, i went to pick up the MYP today and had to pass on it bc the frunk hood had 3 dents on it. Both sides of the emblem and above as well. They tried to tell me that since it’s an aluminum hood they could just realign the bolts and it would smooth out? Anyone heard of this? They told me it should only be 2-3 weeks for reassignment, but still bummed.

Well, i went to pick up the MYP today and had to pass on it bc the frunk hood had 3 dents on it. Both sides of the emblem and above as well. They tried to tell me that since it’s an aluminum hood they could just realign the bolts and it would smooth out? Anyone heard of this? They told me it should only be 2-3 weeks for reassignment, but still bummed.

Aww, that sucks. I have heard about the dented frunk and also that it can be adjusted out, but not sure it's worth the hassle if you have the patience to hang in for a replacement. Tesla needs to catch this kind of stuff before it leaves the factory and definitely before a customer shows up to take it home. If you can see it, they can too. They just need to look.

Reactions: Chupalover22
With my EDD recently narrowed at 1/31-2/12 I was a block from the Tesla store and decided to swoop in. Mostly to look at the MYP demo as I’m getting so excited (had Ryzen), but I also asked one of the SA’s if they could see any more details on the order and after some typing on the computer they said it’s currently being produced down the line!

Also, they had a Model S Plaid in the showroom so got to sit and play with the controller like steering wheel. I’m sure it’s fun to drive but I actually prefer the Y in terms of use ability and getting in/out, etc.

Reactions: curleymapper
You did the right thing! My first Y had that they tried their best and it looked better but was never right.

With my EDD recently narrowed at 1/31-2/12 I was a block from the Tesla store and decided to swoop in. Mostly to look at the MYP demo as I’m getting so excited (had Ryzen), but I also asked one of the SA’s if they could see any more details on the order and after some typing on the computer they said it’s currently being produced down the line!

Also, they had a Model S Plaid in the showroom so got to sit and play with the controller like steering wheel. I’m sure it’s fun to drive but I actually prefer the Y in terms of use ability and getting in/out, etc.
I have about the same EDD so hopefully mines down the line also! I literally check the app like every hour to see if anything changes lol

Reactions: tbcboo
I have about the same EDD so hopefully mines down the line also! I literally check the app like every hour to see if anything changes lol
Looks like we have the same configuration except white seats for me based on your signature. Plus timeline, so I bet yours is on the line right now too. Cheers to our MYP’s arriving soon without defect - hopefully!

They refused to install a new hood?
That was a while ago. I took delivery at midnight which I would never do again I couldn’t see anything. There was a big dent in the passengers door, hood was dented, there was a defect in the windshield (they replaced), the hatch rubbed on the car, they replaced the tail lights, they replaced the center console had a tear, the list when on and on I got sick of going to the service center. I don’t remember if replacing the hood was an option.

Fast forward to picking up my 2022 MYP… I took delivery at noon so much better quality. Steering wheel is slightly off to the right, drivers door slightly out of alignment, paint was perfect, interior was perfect… trust me I looked and looked that’s all I could find.

In the future cause I will trade this in 2 years I will refuse anything major… like my first one.

Oh and don’t take delivery in the dark!

Reactions: mrmtb
Looks good without the dual motor badge. Which trunk emblem brand did you end up ordering?

Here you go. Amazon link.

Agreed. I was going to blackout the dual motor badge but I like it removed. Not sure if I could find a trust worth shop to put on the TESLA straight but I like it too.

I had thought of just blacking out the underline strip, positioning it under the new letters and removing the 'Dual Motor', but went with the TESLA letters only. It's not that hard. It comes with all the letters separated and held in place.

That was a while ago. I took delivery at midnight which I would never do again I couldn’t see anything. There was a big dent in the passengers door, hood was dented, there was a defect in the windshield (they replaced), the hatch rubbed on the car, they replaced the tail lights, they replaced the center console had a tear, the list when on and on I got sick of going to the service center. I don’t remember if replacing the hood was an option.

Fast forward to picking up my 2022 MYP… I took delivery at noon so much better quality. Steering wheel is slightly off to the right, drivers door slightly out of alignment, paint was perfect, interior was perfect… trust me I looked and looked that’s all I could find.

In the future cause I will trade this in 2 years I will refuse anything major… like my first one.

Oh and don’t take delivery in the dark!
Curious, with the kind of issues on your 1st Y, what made you okay with ordering another Tesla? Seems you went quite frequently to the service center for the 1st Y.

Wow this really makes me want to go for a red one... But a huge nono from wifey.
Thanks. She is beautiful.

In my case the red was mandated by wifey. I had arranged a test drive of an X for her some four years ago. It was black. She hated everything about it. So tried again with a red one. ‘Whole different car’. Needless to say, I got her a red one for her birthday. :)

Me? I don’t have the cojones to pull it off. My Plaid is coming in MSM.