Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OH I see, so you were assigned a VIN and then released. That changes it a little bit, not sure how long you'll have to wait but generally speaking, people who release a VIN get reassigned one sooner than those placing a new order the same day.
But I still don’t get why the app shows a 6 day EDD with no vin? That makes me feel like I should get a vehicle soon, but we all know once a vin is assigned it takes 10 days to a few weeks to delivery.

OH I see, so you were assigned a VIN and then released. That changes it a little bit, not sure how long you'll have to wait but generally speaking, people who release a VIN get reassigned one sooner than those placing a new order the same day.
Here’s what they told me “Once a vin is released it almost always gets matched to the next customer waiting within 5 minutes. With performance cars it's a little different as they arnt ordered as often. Because your scheduled delivery had passed and wasent canceled the system think you still have a vin and pushed to the next week, the systems don't communicate the way you think they would. There is a chance you get a vin soon but the likely hood of it arriving in that time frame is very slim.”

But I still don’t get why the app shows a 6 day EDD with no vin? That makes me feel like I should get a vehicle soon, but we all know once a vin is assigned it takes 10 days to a few weeks to delivery.

I've been through the whole process. When you release a VIN, they will typically put your account on hold for 3-5 days to let the VIN flush from the system. I tried to rush the process to get back in the queue quicker, and after a day I got matched to my same old VIN again. After that I was patient and waited for the VIN to find a new home.

As it sits now, I released a VIN on 12/11 and my EDD is 02/14-03/14. No new VIN. Not sure that releasing a VIN gives you any priority over other orders - I think you just get put back in the queue. I've also run up against the start of my EDD only to have it push out again. It's happened so many times that I ran out of space for the history in my signature - hence the "what a long strange trip..." I've learned to be patient - sorta... with occasional bursts of frustration by venting on this forum. But this AMD/Intel thing is stressing me out! LOL. As long as my car has wheels and no huge dents, I'll pretty much take it at this point.

So then how does the car know it is you driving vs her? I believe you can have different settings for each driver so if you are using the same account on your phone wouldn’t the car think the same person is getting in?
You can set primary device. Otherwise it goes with first device it connects. So if you drive when the other person is mostly passenger when you both go together… try below

The automaker writes in the release notes:

To avoid connecting to the wrong nearby phone, you can now set your priority Bluetooth device. Your car will attempt to connect to the priority device associated with the profile selected before it attempts to connect to other paired phones.
In order to activate the new feature and select your priority device, Tesla says to “tap the Bluetooth icon on the top of your touchscreen, select your preferred phone and tap Priority Device.”

Picked up today. No major issues or problems. Grabbed a 14-50 adapter while I was there. Front mud flaps and ppf was there as promised. Processor said Ryzen. Don’t know what I’m looking for on wipers and it has older software so will have to wait to see if the icon appears.

890D28EC-CC7B-44B8-AE0F-214560E2AF23.jpeg

Picked up today. No major issues or problems. Grabbed a 14-50 adapter while I was there. Front mud flaps and ppf was there as promised. Processor said Ryzen. Don’t know what I’m looking for on wipers and it has older software so will have to wait to see if the icon appears.

View attachment 767163
Looks like a sweet day to pickup a new car! Congrats!

Reactions: Budshark
I've been through the whole process. When you release a VIN, they will typically put your account on hold for 3-5 days to let the VIN flush from the system. I tried to rush the process to get back in the queue quicker, and after a day I got matched to my same old VIN again. After that I was patient and waited for the VIN to find a new home.

As it sits now, I released a VIN on 12/11 and my EDD is 02/14-03/14. No new VIN. Not sure that releasing a VIN gives you any priority over other orders - I think you just get put back in the queue. I've also run up against the start of my EDD only to have it push out again. It's happened so many times that I ran out of space for the history in my signature - hence the "what a long strange trip..." I've learned to be patient - sorta... with occasional bursts of frustration by venting on this forum. But this AMD/Intel thing is stressing me out! LOL. As long as my car has wheels and no huge dents, I'll pretty much take it at this point.
Wow it’s almost like they’re punishing you

I feel slightly punished. And since I tried to take delivery of the car (it arrived damaged), they already have my payment too. Hence no real motivation on thier side to get me a car. They just added me to the last quarter's profit report.
Montucky and I are literally connected on this trip. We have the same exact build with the same location and BOTH rejected the same car back in early Nov (Montucky first, they I got the car - I wasn't ready since I was expecting late Dec). Now we both have the same EDD and have been mirroring each other through the changes...funny.

Also, to get nerdy, your payment would not add into their profit since you've not had a car delivered. It would only add to their cash balance. Sorry to geek out.

It’s almost like putting on hold puts us on the penalty box. I’m certainly in no rush and after reading other posts I’m glad I waited now actually. I want these new updates which some of these builds coming out of Fremont just don’t have.

Reactions: Montucky
It’s almost like putting on hold puts us on the penalty box. I’m certainly in no rush and after reading other posts I’m glad I waited now actually. I want these new updates which some of these builds coming out of Fremont just don’t have.

Same. When I started this whole journey, MYP's had summer tires, no Ryzen, Lithium, etc... worth the wait for those things, so hoping Intel doesn't find it's way back onto my VIN!

View attachment 767163

Did you ask our order the mid flaps and PPf? Or did that come from the factory like that?

So once I receive my VIN, does that mean it was technically “built then”, or was it built previously but the VIN attaches at a later process? Curious since I saw that post from earlier in here about there’s a chance any car created after today is AMD and such.