Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im houston as well edd feb 17 - march 17

Just a fyi for those who weren’t aware. Make sure you have your insurance ID card uploaded 3 days prior to pick up. Just a policy number will not work. Scheduled for pick up today but it was delayed a week due to not having an actual liability ID card. Insurance company was able to provide policy # but not ID card which takes 24 hours to generate for Farmers. May save you the headache that I’m stuck in.
I also have Farmers and just printed off a few cards from online. Congrats on being so close though!!

I also have Farmers and just printed off a few cards from online. Congrats on being so close though!!

Question: If you need insurance (VIN on the insurance document) before you can drive away, what happens if you end up rejecting the car?? Tesla should just let you add the vehicle after inspection (but before you drive away of course).

EDIT: Obviously this is a way to lower the chance you reject the vehicle. It just sucks though.

Last edited:
Reactions: curleymapper
Question: If you need insurance (VIN on the insurance document) before you can drive away, what happens if you end up rejecting the car?? Tesla should just let you add the vehicle after inspection (but before you drive away of course).

EDIT: Obviously this is a way to lower the chance you reject the vehicle. It just sucks though.
Farmers should be able to immediately email you a card with the updated information or at minimum email you an insurance binder which should suffice for Tesla. Im in Texas so not sure if the laws or insurance practices are different. My EDD currently is 3/5-3/31 MYP W/B OD 2/5/22

Farmers should be able to immediately email you a card with the updated information or at minimum email you an insurance binder which should suffice for Tesla. Im in Texas so not sure if the laws or insurance practices are different. My EDD currently is 3/5-3/31 MYP W/B OD 2/5/22
This is different in every state.

In Indiana you just have to show you have a current policy.

Long time lurker, wanting to order a MYP in hopes of receiving in june-july (not ready for an auto loan JUST yet). Live in Houston, Tx.. when would be the most ideal time to place an order? Any Texas orders placed this week, what are current EDD looking like? Thinking of ordering late next month but have no problem waiting till April

Plan to order the specs below:

MYP Blue/Black, No Tow, No Fsd

Glad to see West coasters are getting narrowed EDDs + VINs. I'm still stuck on the same 2/15-3/15 window (11/16 OD), which hasn't budged. Fingers crossed I at least get a narrowed window soon. From some earlier posts, maybe since I have a trade-in where the value has expired at least once, my priority has been lower. 🤞

Reactions: Cindyt
Long time lurker, wanting to order a MYP in hopes of receiving in june-july (not ready for an auto loan JUST yet). Live in Houston, Tx.. when would be the most ideal time to place an order? Any Texas orders placed this week, what are current EDD looking like? Thinking of ordering late next month but have no problem waiting till April

Probably not now, but I saw someone say they ordered one recently that got a May/June EDD. That may have been a fluke though, and I'm not sure what part of the country they are in.

I checked the site last week when my EDD slipped to April and tesla was still giving out March deliveries. Seems like throwing a dart.

Reactions: Triplem086