Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time posting on the TMC forum, but I ordered an identical MYP (White/Black, No FSD, No tow) on 1/19 EDD 3/15-3/31. Received automated trade-in text last week. I contacted the delivery center in Marina Del Rey this morning, and the SA stated that I should be receiving an email in the next couple of days with a VIN and delivery instructions and a text a couple of days after that to set up a delivery date. Looks like we’re in the same boat!
That’s great news!!

I took my week old MYP to America's Tire (Discount Tire elsewhere) this weekend to buy 4 road hazard certificates for the pricey Michelin Pilot Sport All-Seasons. The tech there was quite impressed that Tesla is putting a tire that nice on as OEM. He said the P-Zeros are not nearly as good. I was happy to hear that, and also happy to pay $180 to cover all four tires for their useful life from any road hazards. No pro-rating, just replacement if you get a puncture that can't be fixed, blowout, curb damage, etc. Their price for the 21" A/S tires is around $400 each.

I took my week old MYP to America's Tire (Discount Tire elsewhere) this weekend to buy 4 road hazard certificates for the pricey Michelin Pilot Sport All-Seasons. The tech there was quite impressed that Tesla is putting a tire that nice on as OEM. He said the P-Zeros are not nearly as good. I was happy to hear that, and also happy to pay $180 to cover all four tires for their useful life from any road hazards. No pro-rating, just replacement if you get a puncture that can't be fixed, blowout, curb damage, etc. Their price for the 21" A/S tires is around $400 each.
That’s good info! So $180 for the life of the tires? Did they mention what might be good a(less expensive replacement later down the line?

Got my specs:

Build Date: March 14
- AMD Ryzen
- 12V Battery
- Summer Pirelli
- Front Dual Pane Glass
- Heated Wipers (System showed NA, but SA couldn't fully confirm)

Scheduled SC pickup for 03/19...I can breathe now!
Hey you’re my neighbor! I surprised they’re still delivering with summer tires. Bummer. :( that probably means I’ll be getting the same. But awesome to see the other stuff is as we wish.

Where are you picking up?

Crazy right? I spoke with someone from the inbound team and they said my car was built today and VIN assigned too. Just waiting to figure out whether it'll get on the truck today or tomorrow. I did confirm delivery pickup at my SC because I wanted to drive the "first miles" and also report possible flaws right there and then. I'm like relieved but now can't control excitement!!!
Oh my goodness, I read you saying “SC” as in South Carolina, that’s what I meant by skipping me in the Midwest! Haha

That’s good info! So $180 for the life of the tires? Did they mention what might be good a(less expensive replacement later down the line?
Yes, for the life of the tire. No pro-rating based on mileage or wear, and they're happy to add it to a new car even when the tires were not purchased through them! It took all of 5 minutes for him to look at the car, record some tire info and issue me the certs. He also told me they have no issue working on Tesla tires and they know about the use of pucks for lifting.

I didn't ask what a good tire replacement would be, but the Tech is very familiar with Tesla's and he said the Michelin's they used are the highest rated A/S tire for that application, load, and with the acoustic foam. I'll see how long the original tires last and then decide if I'm staying with 21's or doing something different.

Reactions: ink124
Waiting on my order and just read this, this would be rather alarming if we got this model?

According to a new filing with the EPA, Tesla is preparing to launch a new version of the Model Y with a puzzling range of 279 miles and an AWD powertrain.
Could it be the new Model Y with 4680 cells and battery pack built at Gigafactory Texas?

Waiting on my order and just read this, this would be rather alarming if we got this model?

According to a new filing with the EPA, Tesla is preparing to launch a new version of the Model Y with a puzzling range of 279 miles and an AWD powertrain.
Could it be the new Model Y with 4680 cells and battery pack built at Gigafactory Texas?
This wouldn’t be the performance. I believe this would be a “Standard Range +” version of the Y like the Model 3.

Interesting update; I asked my SA about the PPF and mud flaps, and they said “Since you’re taking delivery in the Midwest, yes they will be included! If it comes in and those are not on there already, you will receive a credit from Tesla to get them installed at a later date at your service center.” Nice!

Officially day 1 of my EDD: 03/14 - 03/31

Called Tesla Toll Free and the rep said he had confidence my VIN would be assigned any day now. I asked what is leading you to believe in your confidence in this delivery and he mentioned EOQ deliver push. We shall see...
Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.12.03 PM.png