Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone's probably thought of this before but I have a working theory that they employ similar tactics to airline ticket purchasing. Where they over book the reservations for all the configs and rely on an attrition factor where they know they're going to have a certain percentage of people who don't take the vin assigned to them. When their assumptions don't pan out. People at then end get bumped to the front of the next production cycle for their config.
it seems that way, i'm seeing posts here of people taking delivery a few hundred miles away with the same build but ordered way after me.

More than once I thought about changing color to speed up delivery, but then I see these pictures and I remember why my last 5 cars have all been white on black wheels, thank you for posting those pics.
We have seen tons of videos and websites and whatnot, but when a user share pictures they always have some special something :)Thanks

More than once I thought about changing color to speed up delivery, but then I see these pictures and I remember why my last 5 cars have all been white on black wheels, thank you for posting those pics.
We have seen tons of videos and websites and whatnot, but when a user share pictures they always have some special something :)
Very welcome! I have a Corvette thats white and i plasti-dipped the wheels black so i figured maybe ill keep it going, lol!! I definitely need to get the windows tinted asap though.

Interesting how if you get pushed now from March EDD it's not April or May but it's June or July EDD.
Are they just giving the worst estimate and slowly improve it or are we expecting something to happen in April - May? Hmmmmm
I was 3/20-3/31 and got pushed to April/May. But I’ve been pushed every month since December. I’m sure I’ll be June or July eventually.

Edit: when I went to the showroom to ask why I’m constantly pushed they did say I appear to be “soft scheduled” for production at the end of May. I’m not sure how reliable that is though or even if it’s a real thing they can see. I’ve heard wavering stories.

Last edited:
My MYP ordered in Feb was set for March 15-31 and got bumped to May 14-June 25. Kinda pissed me off as I a few days before March 15 I requested a loan on my 401k to cover a bit of the Tesla cost because those things take time and I did not want to miss the boat. I also bought different forged rims before hand so I could jack up the car in the Tesla lot and swap wheels and sell off the Model Y 21" Überturbines and tires as new. After reading posts here I now doubt May14-June 25 as well. Sand box rant over. Gotta play the game to get in the club.

I was 3/20-3/31 and got pushed to April/May. But I’ve been pushed every month since December. I’m sure I’ll be June or July eventually.

Edit: when I went to the showroom to ask why I’m constantly pushed they did say I appear to be “soft scheduled” for production at the end of May. I’m not sure how reliable that is though or even if it’s a real thing they can see. I’ve heard wavering stories.
Anyone picked up their new Tesla in Buena Park CA? I was do to pick up tomorrow Monday; Received call this morning saying; while inspecting the MYP they found two scratches and would buff it out but couldn’t pick it up until Thursday. 🤔

Last edited:
My MYP ordered in Feb was set for March 15-31 and got bumped to May 14-June 25. Kinda pissed me off as I a few days before March 15 I requested a loan on my 401k to cover a bit of the Tesla cost because those things take time and I did not want to miss the boat. I also bought different forged rims before hand so I could jack up the car in the Tesla lot and swap wheels and sell off the Model Y 21" Überturbines and tires as new. After reading posts here I now doubt May14-June 25 as well. Sand box rant over. Gotta play the game to get in the club.
When in Feb did you order? I'm waiting as well... lol.