Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We also picked up our MY LR at Colma late this morning. Took a little while to complete the paper work because we wanted to change how our names would be listed on the registration and title.

We had lots of time to look at the car, the only issue we found was a defect in the paint on the passenger side front door (see picture). It looks like a scratch, but is in the paint. The Tesla person said to report it to service tomorrow and they would get it fixed. Everything else looked good.

After we got home, my wife discovered that the front passenger door would not close completely. It had worked correctly when we checked out the car in Colma. I called road service, the had me do a bunch of tests with the window up and down, take it for a short drive, retest, etc. Of course, it started working correctly. He said to call service on Monday if it happens again.

Later, it failed again. I did find that if you put the windows down first, then the door will close correctly, and you can close the window manually from the drivers side. At least we have a workaround.

Later we went out for a while and the last two times I closed the door, it worked correctly. Time will tell if it fails again. Anyone else had this problem?

IMG_0161.jpeg

Updating from page #667, #669, #684 and #756

Carolinas delivery. MYP MSM black interior, tow hitch and no FSD.

OD: 2/11

EDD 5/3 - 5/31
EDD 3/10-3/21
(as of 2/21)
EDD 3/12 - 3/16 (as of 2/23)
Scheduled pickup date 3/19 (as of 2/24)
3/16 - spoke to the SA and he said the vehicle has landed at the dealer (CLT) and is currently being prepared, on time for the 3/19 pickup date.

Received the vehicle at 3/19am, I honestly cannot find a single issue with the fit/finish, it's basically perfect IMHO.
With over 260miles on it this weekend, I'm absolutely amazed at this unit. I did not test drive nor have I ever ridden in a Tesla before "adding to cart", then pressing Buy Now.

I'm 100% confident I'll never purchase another ICE vehicle again.

VIN received on 2/23: NF391xxx
It has: Lith-ion, AMD, Michelin AS tyres, heated wipers and no PPF or splash guards

EDD 5/3 - 5/31
EDD 3/10-3/21
(as of 2/21)
3/16 - spoke to the SA and he said the vehicle has landed at the dealer (CLT) and is currently being prepared, on time for the 3/19 pickup date.

Received the vehicle at 3/19am, I honestly cannot find a single issue with the fit/finish, it's basically perfect IMHO.
With over 260miles on it this weekend, I'm absolutely amazed at this unit. I did not test drive nor have I ever ridden in a Tesla before "adding to cart", then pressing Buy Now.

It has: Lith-ion, AMD, Michelin AS tyres, heated wipers and no PPF or splash guards
Congratulations. I'm exact same config and ordered over a month before you 😭

EDD 5/3 - 5/31
EDD 3/10-3/21
(as of 2/21)

Good to hear that! I have a similar configuration minus the tow hitch and ordered 2 weeks after you. There doesn’t seem to be any indication that I’ll be receiving mine before the EOQ. I almost don’t want it so quickly because of how crazy things escalate from EDD to “are you ready to take delivery tonight?” I’ll need to get financing settled once I have a VIN and what happens if I get the “are you ready” call/text over the weekend?

Reactions: tm3dlr
Hope I can get a reply to my question what is now the delivery estimate for a MYP White no other extra options? I'm seeing that seems that the delivery is about 2 to 3 months.... My order has a delivery date of September - November.... I this normal? should I concern? I'm in SoCal... anyone can provide any guidance?

Hope I can get a reply to my question what is now the delivery estimate for a MYP White no other extra options? I'm seeing that seems that the delivery is about 2 to 3 months.... My order has a delivery date of September - November.... I this normal? should I concern? I'm in SoCal... anyone can provide any guidance?
Not really sure why your EDD is so vague, tbh. Have you reached out to the SA?

Have you received any communication (text/email) from Tesla?
This last Wednesday:

Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in March.

Please reply MARCH if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time.

Reactions: superveloce
Not really sure why your EDD is so vague, tbh. Have you reached out to the SA?
Should I have a SA assigned? I called the Carlsbad dealer and they told me that my order looks ok and the dates are estimated and can change, I understand that but seeing everybody getting the MYP in 3 to 4 months and mine going 6 to 8 months sucks..... In Carlsbad they told me that they can give me one with white interiors with 1000 miles they have as demo today in LA. However paying the amount that I paying I want a brand new car. I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna need to go to Tesla personally to see what's going on with my order :(

Should I have a SA assigned? I called the Carlsbad dealer and they told me that my order looks ok and the dates are estimated and can change, I understand that but seeing everybody getting the MYP in 3 to 4 months and mine going 6 to 8 months sucks..... In Carlsbad they told me that they can give me one with white interiors with 1000 miles they have as demo today in LA. However paying the amount that I paying I want a brand new car. I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna need to go to Tesla personally to see what's going on with my order :(
You should have a SA for your order. Have you received any text messages from Tesla? You can get a hold of them and ask who your SA is. Though it sounds like you talked with someone, so you may not get any different info. Doesn’t hurt to try again!

Reactions: Jorge Lopez
This last Wednesday:

Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in March.

Please reply MARCH if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time.
You’ll be good. It’ll happen unexpectedly and move fast. Make sure you have your insurance and payment right. I’m scheduled to take delivery on 3/22. Good luck!

Reactions: robeeen and Deuce
Pick up my car this morning (Bay Area - Colma SF Service Center).

MSM-Tow-No FSD. F406 Vin.

Got ryzen, 12V Lithium, Michelin All Seasons (Walked around saw most of MYP mostly had pirelli...did I happen to randomly get a set? with all seasons). Did not get mud flaps or PPF.

Still looking through for issues.

pickup my P Saturday at Colma too. Vin 406xxx. Got summer tires. U lucky getting AS. Yeah, saw other P with summer tires too.

how’s ur headlight? My passenger side is a bit off. But Every thing else is clean!