Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did get burned a bit with the latest push. Confirmed the price to sell my car later this month. I can back out, not sure will get the price I do now. Locked in my rate with DCU, I need to do it again, not sure with the rate change I will get the same rate. Looked at other options, not many around and available that meets our needs like the Y does right now.
@cinti89 drove the iX, if you can get past the looks, it is such a brilliant car. What a great comfortable ride. For 15k over the MYP, think it is going to be a good buy. If it was available we would have cancelled MYP and got the iX. Same problem, 8-12month wait.
Actually, ix is so much better than MYP with additional $35k. But have to wait until last qt of 2022.

Actually, ix is so much better than MYP with additional $35k. But have to wait until last qt of 2022.
I am not sure what is the meaning of "better", neither I have had the chance to compare the two, but to my taste that ix looks awful.
That being said, when I drove the MY for the first time it felt like driving the future. When I drove the Etron it felt like driving an Audi.... as good as boring.

I am not sure what is the meaning of "better", neither I have had the chance to compare the two, but to my taste that ix looks awful.
That being said, when I drove the MY for the first time it felt like driving the future. When I drove the Etron it felt like driving an Audi.... as good as boring.

The E Tron is so plush though. Really absorbs the bumps well.

And the benefits stop there.

Not completely true. All those who upgraded from MYLR to MYP before 3/31 were lucky to get their cars within a week due to EOQ push. All those who upgraded to MYP beginning April are seeing EDDs in July-Aug. May fall in Q2 EOQ push 🤷‍♂️
Haha! Y’all should have gone to the back of the line for switching…. But obviously did not catch this problem until recently…

Haha! Y’all should have gone to the back of the line for switching…. But obviously did not catch this problem until recently…
Right? Part of me gets it, hey they ordered before me, I would want some preference if I were in their position.

But imagine if we were physically standing in line at Fremont, a huge line for MYLR and a smaller line for MYP. If someone decided they were going to switch lines and they were allowed in front of you, you'd be pissed, and so now I feel better about being pissed.

Reactions: jpelaston
Right? Part of me gets it, hey they ordered before me, I would want some preference if I were in their position.

But imagine if we were physically standing in line at Fremont, a huge line for MYLR and a smaller line for MYP. If someone decided they were going to switch lines and they were allowed in front of you, you'd be pissed, and so now I feel better about being pissed.

I saw a woman in her 80s driving an MYP the other day. On one hand, that's incredibly cool, on the other, people flippantly switching from LR to P has changed the dynamics of the performance brand IMO.

Everyone and their mother (literally) has a performance now. Something you wouldn't see with AMG, BMW M, etc. which is who the "P" was originally marketed towards and benchmarked against. Just kind of a interesting yet tertiary effect of all of these switches to the P.

I don’t disagree with you and I am with you in this. But do you think this was a glitch in Tesla’s system? Really? This was intentional and just smart marketing for pushing MYP demand. Some people got their MYPs in few days convincing others to upgrade and more new orders of MYP increasing Tesla’s revenue. They didn’t catch this now, they had probably planned this already, you never know

Reactions: robeeen
I saw a woman in her 80s driving an MYP the other day. On one hand, that's incredibly cool, on the other, people flippantly switching from LR to P has changed the dynamics of the performance brand IMO.

Everyone and their mother (literally) has a performance now. Something you wouldn't see with AMG, BMW M, etc. which is who the "P" was originally marketed towards and benchmarked against. Just kind of a interesting yet tertiary effect of all of these switches to the P.
I fully intend on being the 80 year old with a fun sports car 😉 maybe she is the same lady. But I 100% see where you are coming from. Although honestly even the LR is still faster than most sports cars….

Exactly

I don’t disagree with you and I am with you in this. But do you think this was a glitch in Tesla’s system? Really? This was intentional and just smart marketing for pushing MYP demand. Some people got their MYPs in few days convincing others to upgrade and more new orders of MYP increasing Tesla’s revenue. They didn’t catch this now, they had probably planned this already, you never know
Yea I do know. I did not come up with it myself. “Try that Tesla phone number that came with your Reservation and ask questions…. Amazing the response you’ll get…..” ( I quoted the sarcasm FYI. )