Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My husband and I ordered a MYLR7 but upgraded after a few days as soon as I test drove the MYP and verified the kids' booster seats all fit in the second row. It was functionally a $0 change for us because we originally planned on purchasing the acceleration boost for the LR7. I also wasn't keen on picking which of my children to sit in the third row or fighting them in situations where we needed the cargo space. That said, I think the 7 seat option is amazing and am very glad Tesla offers it - it seats as many people as my (soon-to-be-traded-in) suburban without getting 11mpg 🥴
i initially wanted to get the performance version but i've seen tons of complains about the drive since it has 21" wheels so its a super bumpy ride. I personally wouldn't compromise a smoother ride just to get the car earlier

I had the same concern about P vs LR. My test drive was in a MYLR, and I felt that the ride was tight, but not stiff. Other than the earlier delivery, I also wanted the P‘s matrix headlights since I drive on a lot of two lane roads. After a few days on Craigslist, I found a set of Geminis with covers and 4k miles on the Contis for $1,100. $300 for TPMS and $100 for installation and rebalance, and they’re waiting in the garage for the MYP to arrive. I plan to drive on the Uberturbines this summer, then switch to the Geminis when I start my once a week 250 mile commute this fall.
Yeah, i saw a lot of people end up changing out the wheels. That feels like a unnecessary expense as i personally am okay with waiting for the car.

I think when we say Bumpy we need to consider "compared to what"...in my case I come from a 21 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Manual, my MYP will be Rolls Royce smooth, and like somebody said already, with my car I have already a very good training on self breaking/one pedal driving :D
Hahaha, that definitely is true. You sound like you are quite familiar with “bumpy roads.” I’m coming from a Lexus NX. i feel like bumpy roads is different for everyone, its a preference. What is bumpy for me isn't bumpy for you.

Hahaha, that definitely is true. You sound like you are quite familiar with “bumpy roads.” I’m coming from a Lexus NX. i feel like bumpy roads is different for everyone, its a preference. What is bumpy for me isn't bumpy for you.
Anything is going to feel bumpy after a Lexus. I've had the F sport NX and drives like a grandfather car, but nothing comes close to the smooth ride.

If the pattern follows the same as our black LR7 (2-week window on a Saturday, 10-day window and VIN the following Wednesday), I’m hoping for a VIN tomorrow for our MSM MYP.
Based on the patterns I'm observing, you might have to wait until late May to get your VIN. Those of us who have EDDs in the 5/11 - 5/25 range will take priority, and even we might not get VINs until later this week.

Based on the patterns I'm observing, you might have to wait until late May to get your VIN. Those of us who have EDDs in the 5/11 - 5/25 range will take priority, and even we might not get VINs until later this week.
I’ll be curious to see what happens. Takes almost 2 weeks to get from Fremont to NY, and we got our VIN 2.5 weeks before our 2-week window started. For the MYP, that would basically be equivalent to tomorrow. Obviously there’s a lot of variability, but I’ll be curious to see how it compares to our LR7 experience.

Reactions: heymanhn
I made my own. Crawled through this thread and notated every recent submission's OD, VIN Date, EDD, etc.

Add your details to your signature and I can give you a best guess when your VIN will arrive.
I’m not sure how to update my signature but here’s my configuration

OD: 3/3, EDD now 5/11-6/8 (starts tomorrow). No VIN, no movement at all. White/black, with tow, no FSD on the east coast in SC

Reactions: heymanhn
I made my own. Crawled through this thread and notated every recent submission's OD, VIN Date, EDD, etc.

Add your details to your signature and I can give you a best guess when your VIN will arrive.
Too many beers at an airport restaurant with good beer to run thru the thread. What are the metrics for this list? Am I on it? If so, where on God’s gorgeous green earth is my MYP??😬

My MSM twin: I've crunched the numbers. 85 datapoints of MYP orders. We are in the next batch of MYPs to be produced, and we should get our VINs by Sunday. 🤞

I’m hear for a reading 🤗

Too many beers at an airport restaurant with good beer to run thru the thread. What are the metrics for this list? Am I on it? If so, where on God’s gorgeous green earth is my MYP??😬
You are. Everyone who has gotten a VIN has a 2-week EDD window or shorter. Based on your latest EDD it's a good bet you'd get your car before end of June.