Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to the nearby Polestar dealership to test drive and see what they have to offer.
30 mins later got a text that SA found me a car that was supposed to be a demo by never put into circulation,
since they don't like to do demo MYP and has 4 miles on it. Picking it up on Friday. 🤞

That did the trick
Wonder if Elon geotracks through the Tesla app, and knocks a week off of your VIN wait time each time you visit a competing dealer?

Hey everyone, so the good news is that my EDD window shortened to 6/1-6/15, the bad news is that I will be out of the country for the first few weeks in June. Is there any chance at all that I will receive the car before June?

OD: 3/1
Original EDD: 5/7-6/4
New EDD: 6/1-6/15
East Coast

I reached out to my SC again last night after I posted. They called me today with the same line everyone gets. I know because I've gotten it almost verbatim on a couple occasions.

"The system is showing edd 5/20-6/17. I see we have a vehicle matching your specs going through the factory on May 27. You would likely get your Vin a couple days before or after that and since it is just a couple days from the factory to Seattle I would guess first week of June you get delivery. "

I am he of little faith. I anticipate entering EDD window and getting pushed again.

Great to hear, so my EDD is May 11- May 25. Based on that I should get my VIN tomorrow?... wishful thinking
Wishful thinking is fun as long as you don't let yourself get too low if it doesn't happen.

I had cautious, but wishful, thinking for a while. Then when I got the VIN I ended up getting all stressed out because I had to sell a car and apply for financing at multiple places to try to get the best deal. I had a small 3 day window to choose from for delivery and was running around for 2 days. 😆 It was more peaceful waiting for the VIN.

Since our ODs and "swap to MYP" dates were so alike.
That's the key phrase. Those who originally chose MYP are in a different boat. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the swappers. If I could work the system to get my car, I would. And from a fairness standpoint, swappers have mostly been waiting the longest for a car.

Many who swap get a VIN immediately. Some wait longer but fact is, these are mostly original MYP orders getting diverted. This means that over and over again, when your original MYP configuration is produced, it gets diverted to someone who swapped. This means you get bumped back over and over again resulting in much longer delivery time than originally suggested.

For many original MYP orders, the sooner delivery of an MYP is an illusion.

I didn't order to get a sooner delivery. I ordered exactly the car I wanted to begin with and have no reason the change anything. So, I still expect many more months of waiting. Would be good to be wrong though...

That's the key phrase. Those who originally chose MYP are in a different boat. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the swappers. If I could work the system to get my car, I would. And from a fairness standpoint, swappers have mostly been waiting the longest for a car.

Many who swap get a VIN immediately. Some wait longer but fact is, these are mostly original MYP orders getting diverted. This means that over and over again, when your original MYP configuration is produced, it gets diverted to someone who swapped. This means you get bumped back over and over again resulting in much longer delivery time than originally suggested.

For many original MYP orders, the sooner delivery of an MYP is an illusion.

I didn't order to get a sooner delivery. I ordered exactly the car I wanted to begin with and have no reason the change anything. So, I still expect many more months of waiting. Would be good to be wrong though...
I personally ordered the MYP because I wanted one, I'm like you. I'm hopeful mine won't get "diverted" or anything, but if it does it'll be a shame. Oh well.