Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. Someone who got in line before you did should get their car before you (all other things equal, which they aren’t due to logistics, supply chain, etc.). Ever change your mind about what you were going to order while you were in line?
Don't agree with this statement at all. People who ordered a MYLR KNEW what their wait time would be like but they just get impatient and FOMO so they switch to MYP. Completely invalid statement

Just called the SC, had a few questions about EDD. The EDD apparently is when you should be getting a VIN not arrival of the car. Also asked about the touchscreen recall and if that would effect production like maybe they have to stop and fix cars that came back or whatever. He said that’s a possibility. Lastly I asked if my EDD will ever go in a positive direction (sooner) and he said that is determined by production and he said that right now the chip storage is an issue and if they happen to get X amount more chips then they expected, the EDD would go in a positive direction and be sooner.

Just called the SC, had a few questions about EDD. The EDD apparently is when you should be getting a VIN not arrival of the car. Also asked about the touchscreen recall and if that would effect production like maybe they have to stop and fix cars that came back or whatever. He said that’s a possibility. Lastly I asked if my EDD will ever go in a positive direction (sooner) and he said that is determined by production and he said that right now the chip storage is an issue and if they happen to get X amount more chips then they expected, the EDD would go in a positive direction and be sooner.
hes completely wrong about EDD, normal times you would get a vin two weeks before you car ships for delivery some time during your EDD

Reactions: Carlitos
Nope. Someone who got in line before you did should get their car before you (all other things equal, which they aren’t due to logistics, supply chain, etc.). Ever change your mind about what you were going to order while you were in line?
I disagree and totally different. If I already placed my food order and decided to go back in line to change it, there is no way a restaurant will bump me up to the front to cook me a new meal.

Most of these people changing their orders to a P probably never even test drove it and will be the same people you will see complaining about the suspension and everything else.

I’m not against people changing their order, they just need to go back in the line or pay extra to prioritize their existing spot.

I’m 50/50 on it but the one thing I would compare it to and makes me think it’s not fair.

If you were in a line at a stadium that was specifically for food and then you realized you wanted beer and were in the wrong line. You can’t just jump to the front of the beer line because “you’ve been waiting for something for awhile”. Your invested wait time doesn’t transfer to other lines.
Except there aren't two lines here. There is one line for Model Y. If you change the color, add a tow hitch, or change the wheels, you don't get sent to the back. Should you? Should all orders be completely immutable?

Reactions: xyeahtony
At the end of the day, Tesla knows that people are now desperate enough to spend thousands more to bump themselves up in line. It would not shock me if we see them institute a "pay for priority" type ordering system in the future due to this very fact.
Contrary to what many may believe, most of us who swapped to P didn't do so out of desperation.

The faster EDD was only 1 factor in the decision, and most of us wanted the P already, but just needed a little push to switch. The fact that the current P is much more expensive now, and we can upgrade with the old price, is as big a factor, or maybe more, than the EDD.

And keep in mind most "swappers" already were at the point where they were at, or past, their original EDD and had been pushed back months due to people who ordered the P.

There isn't a separate line, so everyone who ordered the P did cut in line (fairly, and according to the rules). So if you see a bunch of people cutting in line pushing your EDD back, you shouldn't be allowed to upgrade to stop from getting pushed back?

Except there aren't two lines here. There is one line for Model Y. If you change the color, add a tow hitch, or change the wheels, you don't get sent to the back. Should you? Should all orders be completely immutable?
You swapped, so you feel differently. You changed your mind and got a car destined for someone who originally wanted it before you changed your mind. There are indeed two lines, and you jumped the queue. Not your fault, it's Tesla's broken VIN assignment system that allows for this.

Gooooood morning, pit of misery!!!
Long time listener, first time caller.

MYP - MSM/ White interior - no tow/no FSD
OD 4/15/22 (profile completed same day)
EDD1(4/15): June 18-July 30
EDD2(4/18): June 19-July 24
EDD3(5/6): July 8-August 19

Replacing a 2015 Prius (that ended up catastrophically breaking down after I placed my MYP order, go figure).

Anyone want to give me a guess when I might be able to actually expect delivery? I know it's about as accurate as pulling dates out of a hat, but I'm always down for a chuckle.

Also, I just want to say that everyone who has said they're "this close" to bailing on their Tesla order to get a Rivian/Polestar/MachE/etc should definitely do that (so I can maybe get mine a little faster 😜)

Reactions: Winning Guy
Except it's not really fair at all. I had sold my car because they had told me delivery was imminent. Now we're here 3 months later with no car in sight. They need to go to the back of the queue for P orders in this case. It is in no way our fault they changed their minds.
When you ordered a P, and there is only one line, have you considered that you were pushing back LR orders? Many LR ordered ended up with EDDs changing to late this year.
Don't agree with this statement at all. People who ordered a MYLR KNEW what their wait time would be like but they just get impatient and FOMO so they switch to MYP. Completely invalid statement
Do you think their EDD didn't change? Mine changed from April 2022 to September-October 2022.

How does it feel to be one that had changed their order to a P?
You swapped, so you feel differently. You changed your mind and got a car destined for someone who originally wanted it before you changed your mind. There are indeed two lines, and you jumped the queue. Not your fault, it's Tesla's broken VIN assignment system that allows for this.
Exactly!!! @Winning Guy swapped, so of course all the benefits to the change only helped him without the realization for all original P orders get screwed.

Its fine for the change, but the change to P should not prioritize the order. There should be an option to be able to change order and keep spot in line or pay an extra fee to bump up the priority.

There's one line. They're not made simultaneously.

When you ordered a P, it pushes all the LR orders back. You cut in line, which is fine because those are the rules. There's only so much that can be done when there is only one production line.

Tesla's system isn't broken. It's just not big enough yet.

When you ordered a P, and there is only one line, have you considered that you were pushing back LR orders? Many LR ordered ended up with EDDs changing to late this year.

Do you think their EDD didn't change? Mine changed from April 2022 to September-October 2022.
The P is a completely different vehicle how is this even a comparison? If I wanted a LR I'd order a LR, I didn't, I wanted a MYP so I ordered that. The LR orders were getting pushed back regardless because of more demand.

How does it feel to be one that had changed their order to a P?

Exactly!!! @Winning Guy swapped, so of course all the benefits to the change only helped him without the realization for all original P orders get screwed.

Its fine for the change, but the change to P should not prioritize the order. There should be an option to be able to change order and keep spot in line or pay an extra fee to bump up the priority.
When your P orders were pushing back LR orders, did you feel that was wrong? Why do you feel differently now?

Nice, not bad at all! Hope we both get our cars within stated windows. Nothing is set is stone with Tesla but definitely glad we now have a two week window to keep our hopes alive lol.
Absolutely! Hoping it holds true. I’d rather have this 2 week window a little outside our 4 week window. Thinking it’s going to be right in the middle so 6/10ish for me

Reactions: DavidMYP
The P is a completely different vehicle how is this even a comparison? If I wanted a LR I'd order a LR, I didn't, I wanted a MYP so I ordered that. The LR orders were getting pushed back regardless because of more demand.
I believe that you think there is more production capacity than there is.

They're not making the LR and P simultaneously. When one is made, the other stops. Every P order pushed back LR orders.

• Disagree
Reactions: Triplem086