Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve counted a total of 20-25 people in the last week just reading on this thread alone that have switched from MYLR to MYP. I can imagine that number in the real world being more like 50+ switches. It would make sense that for those of us who ordered an MYP from the get go initially had an April- may EDD at first has been pushed to June-July. Tesla needs to change their process asap

The sad part is the people switching from LR to MYP know nothing about a Performance Model Y they just want the car quicker. It’s sad that these people are getting prioritized. All I read on here is MYLR people switching asking about how rough the ride is on a MYP and have simply done 0 research and have no idea what kind of car they are getting into.

I’ve counted a total of 20-25 people in the last week just reading on this thread alone that have switched from MYLR to MYP. I can imagine that number in the real world being more like 50+ switches. It would make sense that for those of us who ordered an MYP from the get go initially had an April- may EDD at first has been pushed to June-July. Tesla needs to change their process asap

The sad part is the people switching from LR to MYP know nothing about a Performance Model Y they just want the car quicker. It’s sad that these people are getting prioritized. All I read on here is MYLR people switching asking about how rough the ride is on a MYP and have simply done 0 research and have no idea what kind of car they are getting into.
Speaks volumes when people are willing to spend thousands more on something that they didn’t even want in the first place. Certainly not something I’d be bragging about on here like some have…. kind of embarrassing. But to each their own I suppose.

Reactions: No Quarter
My EDD still sitting on May 31 - June 14 (no VIN yet). The Wall Connector arrived today and getting installed tomorrow. The wait is frustrating to say the least but between wall connector, accessories, this forum, and countless YouTube videos, gotta keep the excitement going. This wait will make our deliveries all the more sweeter. Hang in there!!!

OD March 7th
MYP white/black no tow no FSD
Miami

It pains me to say it, but I think most of us late Feb/early March orders are going to be pushed to next quarter. I think Tesla just bit off more than they could chew this quarter with the Hertz deliveries, LR to P switches, etc.
Doubtful. 3/11 OD. Just got my 6/11-6/25 window today. Tesla always does EOQ pushes so ill "probably" get my car before July 1st.

Reactions: weathergeekdan

It's all Tesla's business plan and its working great. If people can afford the performance model, then so be it. Why does that bother you. You're not better than they are because you've watched a youtube video about the performance model. There isn't much of a difference anyways, so chill out.

It's all Tesla's business plan and its working great. If people can afford the performance model, then so be it. Why does that bother you. You're not better than they are because you've watched a youtube video about the performance model. There isn't much of a difference anyways, so chill out.
totally missed my point but ok. Whatever floats your boat

totally missed my point but ok. Whatever floats your boat
Tesla delivered almost 1 million cars in 2021 alone, do you really think the "50+" or so MYLR -> MYP switchers are pushing you that far back? People who are getting deliveries before you ordered before you, and they have been waiting plain and simple. People are allowed to change their mind on what they want to order, do you think a lot of people are switching just to get a car sooner? There are tangible differences between the LR/P Models. What is it with people who buy high-end versions of anything (Peformance Cars/High end Smartphones/Computer) thinking they're better than everyone else who buys the base version? Get some perspective, People who ordered Model X have been waiting 15+ months, people who ordered the original model 3 waited 2+ years. People can't even order Mustang-Es anymore, but by all means throw a hissy fit and have a meltdown you have to wait 3-4 months for a MYP.