Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla delivered almost 1 million cars in 2021 alone, do you really think the "50+" or so MYLR -> MYP switchers are pushing you that far back? People who are getting deliveries before you ordered before you, and they have been waiting plain and simple. People are allowed to change their mind on what they want to order, do you think a lot of people are switching just to get a car sooner? There are tangible differences between the LR/P Models. What is it with people who buy high-end versions of anything (Peformance Cars/High end Smartphones/Computer) thinking they're better than everyone else who buys the base version? Get some perspective, People who ordered Model X have been waiting 15+ months, people who ordered the original model 3 waited 2+ years. People can't even order Mustang-Es anymore, but by all means throw a hissy fit and have a meltdown you have to wait 3-4 months for a MYP.
Pretty much the exact response I’d expect from someone that switched from an LR to P :)

Numbers are way off… 50 is probably closer to somewhere in the hundreds or even thousands. These switches also only started within the last few months, so the “million cars” argument is kind of moot.

It’s an objective fact that these switches are delaying existing orders. The fault is ultimately on Tesla but please don’t try to rationalize or minimize the impact.

The sad part is the people switching from LR to MYP know nothing about a Performance Model Y they just want the car quicker. It’s sad that these people are getting prioritized. All I read on here is MYLR people switching asking about how rough the ride is on a MYP and have simply done 0 research and have no idea what kind of car they are getting into.
I'll give you the next level of sadness. A guy that I know with a MY LR just delivered 1 moth ago (here in Katy TX) is turning it to look like a P. Black spoiler, wheels, calipers Dual Motors Red Lined and whatnot.
That to me is sad, because it is another level of mental game ... "I want people to think I have a P"
I don't meant to throw more fuel on fire, it is too expensive nowadays, but yea I am an original FEB MYP, and I am sure somebody is driving my original MYP :D

Bearded Tesla Guy just posted a video that said rumor has it that the ECU charge port is missing from the cars. This is critical and you can’t take delivery without it. He did say that the cars can ship to the delivery center and have the component added there. Anyone else heard anything similar?

Bearded Tesla Guy just posted a video that said rumor has it that the ECU charge port is missing from the cars. This is critical and you can’t take delivery without it. He did say that the cars can ship to the delivery center and have the component added there. Anyone else heard anything similar?
Yes, this happened to several people on the September and October threads.

Honestly not sure how many people on here are earlier than my od of 2/11 myp. I know there are a few of you. Still no vin.
I don’t blame the switchers. But I do agree it stinks that Tesla pushed them in front of original orders. Oh well. I think the stories that I don’t understand are people who said they had a vin assigned and then somehow lost it. Does that really happen?!

Reactions: jpelaston
Honestly not sure how many people on here are earlier than my od of 2/11 myp. I know there are a few of you. Still no vin.
I don’t blame the switchers. But I do agree it stinks that Tesla pushed them in front of original orders. Oh well. I think the stories that I don’t understand are people who said they had a vin assigned and then somehow lost it. Does that really happen?!
I'm probably one of the last orders in January for MYPs that haven't received a VIN yet. Not sure what I'm going to do if my EDD pushes out again. I'm getting tired of waiting.

I'm probably one of the last orders in January for MYPs that haven't received a VIN yet. Not sure what I'm going to do if my EDD pushes out again. I'm getting tired of waiting.

I also ordered on January and have no VIN... My EED has been holding at 5/22-6/5 for the last two weeks but I have that uneasy feeling that it is going to get pushed again. 😩

Reactions: jpelaston
yeah but it makes most of the east coast will all get there cars right in the middle of june
Not sure I would entirely believe this. You have FSD (more of a priority from last orders)in your car, so while you may be mid june, others may not. I ordered a week after you and although mid June would make sense for mine, I’m starting to believe it’ll be closer to July with no movement on my end lately

IDK, when they push an entire coast back, that tells me the rumors of them fighting with shipping/logistics are true. We are also perilously close to the point in the quarter where they start just giving Cali every car they make.
With fuel prices at a daily ATH I can see logistics not wanting to ship vehicles until contracts are renegotiated. This will not help us get our vehicles.