Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few pages back someone jokingly suggested that the fastest way to get your car is to order a MYLR and then immediately switch to MYP. There may be some truth to that because I've seen a number of folks who placed a MYLR order after MYP orders yet the person who switched got their vin before the MYP order. Lots goes into when someone actually gets a car but it has happened enough that I'm becoming suspicious that switching may be given priority regardless of OD. I could be wrong but it is happening fairly regularly.
I considered reordering a MYLR and switching that to an MYP so I could divert my own original MYP order to myself. Now I see I actually should have done that. Based on the fact that original MYP orders are being diverted in mass to those that swapped MYLR to MYP, my working theory on original MYP order delivery reality was that we would have to just serve our time until we had as much wait time under our belts as most of the MYLR orders that swapped.

Now that theory is blown all to hell because I am now also seeing MYLR orders what were placed after my MYP order swapping to an MYP and receiving their cars. So myself and many others just get continually booted back. This could mean that we might get 2023 cars maybe? Or maybe not at all.

For many of us originel MYP orders, light at the end of the tunnel is actually a dumpster fire.

Dang well they make that hard then because i have to upload that document to DCU, call and get it verified, then esign my loan documents. How do they expect to do all that within 24 hours?
Eh well plenty of people apply for car loans and buy cars all in the same day. It’s actually how the majority of cars are purchased
I think 65 month at 2.99% (which would be inclusive of 0.25 EV discount) it showed the rate when I was approved but nowhere does it show again on emails etc.. pretty sure that was the rate though and good for 45 days. Heres hoping I get a VIN and MVPA before then
Careful DCU doesn’t lock in rates until dispersement of the loan

Well, it has been fun Tesla, but I’m out… best of luck everyone!

View attachment 808623
MYP
OD: 3/1
ED: 6/8-6/22
How unfortunate. I don’t believe anything SAs ever say though considering ur EDD. But notice how in this thread most people waiting thr longest are all on the east coast? Think someone said awhile back Some SA told the, there’s transport issues getting to the east coast so I’m more likely to believe that

I considered reordering a MYLR and switching that to an MYP so I could divert my own original MYP order to myself. Now I see I actually should have done that. Based on the fact that original MYP orders are being diverted in mass to those that swapped MYLR to MYP, my working theory on original MYP order delivery reality was that we would have to just serve our time until we had as much wait time under our belts as most of the MYLR orders that swapped.

Now that theory is blown all to hell because I am now also seeing MYLR orders what were placed after my MYP order swapping to an MYP and receiving their cars. So myself and many others just get continually booted back. This could mean that we might get 2023 cars maybe? Or maybe not at all.

For many of us originel MYP orders, light at the end of the tunnel is actually a dumpster fire.
I wrote that a week ago and was 1/2 joking at the time because it was so absurd. Now it is turning out to be true and just makes me sad. Totally could have switched my original P order to LR and then back to P and I'd be typing this from the comfort of my new Tesla and also with the satisfaction of keeping my original EDD because I stole it from myself, for myself.

So you’re stating there are no orders in California? I might need some proof of that to believe it.
No what I am saying is. If they want to get deliveries and set records it’s all not gonna come from California deliveries. They is only X amount of model y orders in California. They are not gonna just stop and send all Ys for deliveries there because they will go through the orders and not hit their quota

My guy in Devon is a Customer Experience Manager. Must be better than a SA? Surely that will get me to the front of the line!!

Seriously, very nice, but what more can he say but 'as soon as they build it, we will get it to you quickly...'

On the other hand, this thread is a little depressing..... :rolleyes:

My guy in Devon is a Customer Experience Manager. Must be better than a SA? Surely that will get me to the front of the line!!

Seriously, very nice, but what more can he say but 'as soon as they build it, we will get it to you quickly...'

On the other hand, this thread is a little depressing..... :rolleyes:
Pretty sure we have the same guy, lol. I ordered two months before you and I still don't have a VIN. Welcome to your future ;)

Pretty sure we have the same guy, lol. I ordered two months before you and I still don't have a VIN. Welcome to your future ;)
Thanks. Its like we are cellmates waiting on the parole board. I'll just keep pressing that T and checking. Might layout the mats, the sill plates and console boxes next to the charger in the garage and imagine what it will look like the that pretty blue beast sitting there.

On the bright side, he did say by the time mine is made maybe I can get it in Mechanicsburg...

• Funny
Reactions: DesertEagle
So you’re stating there are no orders in California? I might need some proof of that to believe it.
There’s at least one! My EDD just went from 5 to 4 weeks, so I know that means there will be no more slips and I’ll have my VIN by 3:27 PDT on Friday. How do I know? My unicorn heard it from the Easter Bunny! Ok, ok, maybe all this VIN drama is affecting my sanity just a little.

Mine said the same thing. OD 2/27. He wasn’t convincing.
There’s at least one! My EDD just went from 5 to 4 weeks, so I know that means there will be no more slips and I’ll have my VIN by 3:27 PDT on Friday. How do I know? My unicorn heard it from the Easter Bunny! Ok, ok, maybe all this VIN drama is affecting my sanity just a little.
Dang, your EDD rollercoaster is impressive. I ate out at an Asian restaurant this past weekend and my fortune said, “Elon said to go F yourself, no Y for you!”