Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Completely agree. They are burning a lot of bridges right now to pump cars out. We'll see how that pans out long term
The whole EDD thing is a cluster that needs to be fixed by Tesla. My opinion has evolved on this as I've had my EDD pushes out so many times, it starts to feel intentional.

Tesla seems to be playing EDD games with both MYLR and MYP orders. MYLR orders get pushed out months at a time for no apparent reason, this drives MYLR folks to switch to MYP and Tesla rewards them with a vin almost instantly. MYP orders get the EDD carrot placed just far enough to keep people hopeful, but their date slips over and over because Tesla seems to be building cars for others first.

Tesla created this dynamic and I don't think they have much of an incentive to change. As long as they're able to convert orders to higher margin vehicles and customers don't complain too much about their orders getting pushed, they'll keep doing it.

Having your EDD gradually pushed out over the span of a few months is so frustrating and not fair to customers.

Completely agree. They are burning a lot of bridges right now to pump cars out. We'll see how that pans out long term

They do this all the time, every year. its worked out for them so far. If they know they cant ship a car to the other side of the country in time (theres only so many truck drivers available) then why shouldn't they dump it on a guy who lives nearby instead of letting it take 3 weeks to ship and miss their quarterly goals and have the shareholders throw a hissy fit.

They do this all the time, every year. its worked out for them so far. If they know they cant ship a car to the other side of the country in time (theres only so many truck drivers available) then why shouldn't they dump it on a guy who lives nearby instead of letting it take 3 weeks to ship and miss their quarterly goals and have the shareholders throw a hissy fit.
do people in California or Texas seem to get their cars faster than other states?

Reactions: mrazndead
Ordered mine almost 3mo ago and no VIN yet. Here in SoCal
well yeah, end of quarter rush means you'll likely get your car at the last possible minute.
This is not true. I'm waiting. OD 3/12 MYP .. My current EDD is one month post what they quoted me at the time of my order.
I've been in this group since 2017 and have seen the same pattern over and over. you're likely to get your car the end of the month. You probably would've gotten the same EDD if you ordered in March vs May.

There's literally an electrek article that explains this. Elon Musk warns Tesla workers of a 'nutty' end-of-quarter delivery wave

Ordered a Y Performance at the end of March with a End of May to Middle of July projected date. It closed to June 4 - July 6. The it closed in more to June 12 - June 26.

My two week windows starts Monday and Tesla called me this past Sunday to have me complete my profile so they could get pictures of my trade in and get me a trade in quote.

Is this a good sign that my window will not be pushed back?

Ordered a Y Performance at the end of March with a End of May to Middle of July projected date. It closed to June 4 - July 6. The it closed in more to June 12 - June 26.

My two week windows starts Monday and Tesla called me this past Sunday to have me complete my profile so they could get pictures of my trade in and get me a trade in quote.

Is this a good sign that my window will not be pushed back?
It’s possible but don’t keep your hopes too high. I got my vin on my first day of the two week window