Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now you have me thinking I need to change my color to white lol. I wish they gave better delivery estimates on the website because the color isn't a big deal to me. I'd just go with whatever is first available.
If your order was made after mine on 7/5, go ahead and change to white. If you ordered earlier in the day, then don't change because then you'll move ahead of me in line. LOL

Reactions: EVGo99
We are headed back to the delivery center again for the second MYP we have been assigned. Still apprehensive given this was built two months ago, but going in with an open mind. Will check paint and panels again for any issues and fingers crossed everything will be fine with this one.

We are headed back to the delivery center again for the second MYP we have been assigned. Still apprehensive given this was built two months ago, but going in with an open mind. Will check paint and panels again for any issues and fingers crossed everything will be fine with this one.
Curious how it works out and what their explanation is. Could’ve been multiple things out of alignment and it sat at a body shop for a while, and is 100% now. Who knows…

As long as you’re getting a Ryzen car!

Curious how it works out and what their explanation is. Could’ve been multiple things out of alignment and it sat at a body shop for a while, and is 100% now. Who knows…

As long as you’re getting a Ryzen car!
Well, according to Tesla the car was only assigned to one customer and the customer was not able to take delivery due to "funding" issues. They said there is no record of the car being rejected nor is there a service history for it. Something isn't adding up with that timeline.

If manufactured 5/15 this should be a Ryzen car right?

lol so I got a VIN yesterday and started the whole loan process but I noticed the VIN was a 457 range. My SA called and said it was indeed an older one from May and meant to be for a customer in Tampa (im in Atlanta) They said it's been sitting here getting some work done to it and they mistakenly matched me with that VIN.

Just hoping my loan approval doesn't expire. They said they'd expedite and put me at the top of the list at that location. Not buying that though but we'll see.

lol so I got a VIN yesterday and started the whole loan process but I noticed the VIN was a 457 range. My SA called and said it was indeed an older one from May and meant to be for a customer in Tampa (im in Atlanta) They said it's been sitting here getting some work done to it and they mistakenly matched me with that VIN.

Just hoping my loan approval doesn't expire. They said they'd expedite and put me at the top of the list at that location. Not buying that though but we'll see.
Oh man, I wonder what kind of work is being done to it and whether that will be reported to whomever the VIN is matched to once the work is done.

Well, according to Tesla the car was only assigned to one customer and the customer was not able to take delivery due to "funding" issues. They said there is no record of the car being rejected nor is there a service history for it. Something isn't adding up with that timeline.

If manufactured 5/15 this should be a Ryzen car right?
From what others have said Tesla was shipping cars to centers without charging port ECU. Many waited weeks for the part. Maybe the person backed out due to the wait. Just my .02

If you want to take the glass half-full approach, you may end up getting an Austin built car. They accidentally sold my car to someone else and put it on a ship AFTER I had paid for it. I was prioritized to get a new car in July but to be honest with the plans for the Austin factory to produce the full range of Model Ys and the new EV incentives that they are discussing, I wouldn't mind mine being pushed back even more.
Hi, Does Austin produce the MYP version or just the MYLong Range?

I just read a post on Facebook where someone says they are picking up an Austin long range this Saturday. Same old batteries as Fremont 2170 though, not the new 4680. I may have got numbers wrong. I can never remember. Edited to what I think is correct
Austin is producing both standard range with 4680 cells and structural battery pack, as well as the long range with 2170 cells. Until they can get adequate supply of 4680 cells, that is likely the direction they will stay for a bit. No MYP as of now.

Picked up our MYP this afternoon and it was a MUCH better experience than our prior visit where we rejected the car. The fit and finish on this car was significantly improved vs. the reject to the point where we had no problem accepting delivery. We did note and take pictures of some panel gap/fit issues, a few paint scratches and interior marks, and other minor issues. They all seem like addressable items, though. That said, I am doing a more detailed walkthrough tomorrow evening that could yield more issues that need to be included.

Question - If we decide to do the front PPF and ceramic coating (we have an appointment this coming Wed), I assume we'd need to have all these potential panel fit/adjustment issues done beforehand right?

Reactions: Individoo
We can get a rebate if we pick up in a state that has one even if we don’t live there??
I live in IL 20 miles from STL MO. The new IL EV rebate states you have to be an IL resident and take delivery from an Illinois dealer, on the application form you actually have to provide the dealers TAX ID. If I took delivery over in Chesterfield MO (40 miles from my home and where I picked up our first Tesla) I wouldn’t qualify for the rebate. IL really wrote some restrictive and goofy rules into this rebate.

But since there was no way to select a delivery location the SA was a big help.

Last edited:
Reactions: StaceyT
Just had a welcome EDD push. Moved from July 18 - August 14 to a two week window July 25 - August 8. This is welcome because I don’t return from Vacation until the start of the new window. I also kinda figured the 18th wasn’t happening since it takes 2 weeks to get here from Fremont. I would have had a VIN by now to hit the week of the 18th.

Reactions: Kevin Glode
Just had a welcome EDD push. Moved from July 18 - August 14 to a two week window July 25 - August 8. This is welcome because I don’t return from Vacation until the start of the new window. I also kinda figured the 18th wasn’t happening since it takes 2 weeks to get here from Fremont. I would have had a VIN by now to hit the week of the 18th.
I’m trying to book as many things in my two week window as possible so fate will make my car deliver in that 2 week window instead of me having it open completely like last time and they pushed it out!