Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So so true!!!! I had someone at Tesla say The day after I took off the hitch that they could see my order has showing August to September And that the app would take several days to update. The next time I called they said we see what you see and they all get updated at the same time. Total inconsistencies!
Is consensus that the hitch could be causing the sliding windows? I’m waiting on a MYLR in MSM with a hitch, 19” wheels and black interior. I can live without the hitch, but since I’m selling my current car tomorrow, I’d love to get my new wheels sooner than later…

Reactions: RCHume
Yeah, maybe some places have multiple lines but in this instance it's one line for a model Y. If I switched to a model S, I'm guessing I'd go to the back of the line.
I respectfully disagree, there was a line that was longer for the MYLR, and there was a completely different line that was shorter for the MYP. Some people chose to get into the long line for the savings or preference or whatever, and some people chose the shorter line even if it would cost them more. If you were Costco and there were two lines for a checker but you decided to switch lines because the checker serving the other line was faster you couldn’t go in front of the people in the longer line even though you were closer to the checker when you decided to change lines. You would have to go to the back of the other line. Now granted this isn’t Costco or a cafeteria so believe me, I totally get the frustration of someone who has been waiting for a long period of time. I just think it best to analyze the Costco checkers before making the choice of lines to be in. Kind of worth taking a moment to evaluate the situation and if you make a mistake, you take your medicine.

Reactions: Wooly1
I’m enjoying this thread…. Unfortunately, I’ve been waiting in line since November. I actually got to the front of the line with my EDD showing June 7-21. I just waited there for 2 days - checking the app 20 times an hour for the chef to fill my plate - only to get pushed back in line with some hope of eating between Aug 7 and Aug 21st. Man am I hungry…
So with all the comments, I actually understand that kind of frustration. We are all hungry, but you have been hungry for much longer. I sincerely hope you get fed soon 🙂

I respectfully disagree, there was a line that was longer for the MYLR, and there was a completely different line that was shorter for the MYP. Some people chose to get into the long line for the savings or preference or whatever, and some people chose the shorter line even if it would cost them more. If you were Costco and there were two lines for a checker but you decided to switch lines because the checker serving the other line was faster you couldn’t go in front of the people in the longer line even though you were closer to the checker when you decided to change lines. You would have to go to the back of the other line. Now granted this isn’t Costco or a cafeteria so believe me, I totally get the frustration of someone who has been waiting for a long period of time. I just think it best to analyze the Costco checkers before making the choice of lines to be. Kind of worth taking a moment to evaluate the situation and if you make a mistake, you take your medicine.
The best scenario that explains how you would like it to be is that you're at an amusement park. You're in the standard line and you see all the express people going faster. You upgrade and now you're able to enjoy the same perks but you're behind the people in that line. Unfortunately that's not how Tesla does it. There are other examples of the same model. Always going to be folks on both sides of the coin. In this instance I'm the lucky one. It doesn't mean I'm not empathetic to others.

Reactions: RCHume and Bridge
Is consensus that the hitch could be causing the sliding windows? I’m waiting on a MYLR in MSM with a hitch, 19” wheels and black interior. I can live without the hitch, but since I’m selling my current car tomorrow, I’d love to get my new wheels sooner than later…
According to Tesla they have very few hitches if any and that can totally delay a delivery date. I had no idea myself until someone at Tesla told me to just take off the hitch.

Idk, I've had a hitch spec'd on my May order and my EDD has improved by a few weeks in the last few months.
FWIW, I tried to get a representative to give me a straight response on this question about 8 different ways and she kept dodging the question, telling me a VIN would be assigned as soon as possible. Certainly didn’t give me a lot of confidence it was all good.

Reactions: merc65fd
I actually talked to someone at Tesla yesterday!! My first time! I traded a couple emails before and a text or two, but no live person. Then when my Tesla financing rate jumped, I got a PSECU loan and could figure out how to change it. Emailed. Texted. No answer. Finally I called the number on email with a guy's name on it. He answered right away. Sadly he told me that his position at Devon was eliminated. Guess that is why he never answered the emails... Nice I had his personal cell the whole time. Anyway called Devon and finally got someone on the phone to fix the financing. That was easy. Then like every other idiot, I asked, 'so is my car really coming 8/2-13?' She tried as cheerily as possible to say, 'we will know for sure when they issue a vin!' I think it really meant that it is the 500th time today someone asked that same dang question for which EVERYONE knows there is no answer....

My OD was early July 2022, and I took delivery of my blue MYP with hitch this weekend!

Picked up from the Fremont factory. Car was built last week and the service advisor checked that the VIN had never been previously assigned. Traded in my old MYLR.

The car is practically flawless, except that it came with Pirelli summer tires. For some reason, the Mobile Connector with J1772 adapter kit was included.

Don’t know if my delivery date is due to my proximity to Fremont, if my combo just happened to be built in the assembly line, or if someone had cancelled their order.

Will not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Last edited:
HOLY COW! You’ve been waiting for your Performance since end of April?! Something might be wrong with your account, I would reach out to Tesla!
I don't think the timing is that crazy? Or am i being crazy? I should clarify that it is April 2022, not 2021. When i ordered the order range for delivery was June-August, so within the timing.
And as i type this i also got the famous trade-in text too.

HOLY COW! You’ve been waiting for your Performance since end of April?! Something might be wrong with your account, I would reach out to Tesla!
You should check with April/May MYP Orders thread. Tons of people from April are still waiting for cars. MYPs are pretty far behind now, ever since the quarter started.