Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7/1: OD - MYP/White/Black/EAP/No tow
EDD1: August - September
7/3: Completed all the tasks
7/5: Switched to MSM
EDD2 was updated a day after: August 10 - September 5
7/16 EDD3: July 27 - August 10
7/19: Switched to cash financing
7/28: EDD4: August 20 - September 17
8/12: VIN Assigned - F522
8/13: Completed financing/insurance/trade in. Scheduled delivery for 8/15

Received phone call on the night of 8/13 from Tesla saying they can deliver it the next day, on the 14th

8/14: took delivery of Model Y with new door panels.

Turnaround time of 44 Days
FWIW, I live in Fremont

Well I was hoping to take delivery of my MYP by the end of the month. However, they just dropped my trade in offer for my 2021 LR Model 3 from $52,000 to $43,000. What in the world? Has anyone else experience this?
This appears to be the case for me on my 2020 M3LR with 17k miles, my initial offer was $49,400… this was on 7/18, so my offer hasn’t expired just yet but when I used Tesla’s trade in estimator it now says 39k-43k… in July it said 47k-51k and that’s when I got the $49,400 official offer. While this is annoying the user car market specially for EV’s actually hasn’t cooled off, at least not to justify a 20% drop in value. I just got an instant offer on driveway for 54.5k… which is roughly what I was getting with the initial trade-in of $49,400+5k in tax savings in my state. I’ve still got time with my EDD at 9/15-10/20 but if I have to I’ll pay off the balance on my loan and sell it to driveway just a bit of a hassle. I do wonder if Tesla dropped their trade in offers across the board by 20% or just M3’s/M3LR’s…

Have you received an updated EDD? Any contact from SA?
The edd updated to 8/15-8/21, which is crazy. I was checking the app every 5 minutes as normal and nothing. Started playing a game on my and got a text saying i had a VIN. Checked app and seen it was there. I had it selected to cash and so I responded to the text asking if they could change to financing and gave my credit union and amount I wanted to finance. they never responded. I have had an issue where I could not add 3rd party financing myself. It will just keep going back to the beginning everytime I try, but they can add it, they have in the past but I selected cash again because it leaves my app in a unfinished state. I tried to add it myself again thinking now that I had a vin it would work. Nope. so it basically reverts to the first screen that says choose financing. I contacted tesla via the webiste chat and they confirmed it was changed and my financing was entered on their end. The MVPA still reflects cash. I asked when that will change and they said give it 48 hours but I think they just wanted to get rid of me. I had entered my insurance info while it was still in cash mode. Since it looks like financing is not complete in the app it seems liek it may not let me complete other tasks like paying them, but Im not sure. My biggest concern is that I need the MVPA agreement to update to reflect my credit union instead of cash before I can move to the next step with the credit union, and Im not sure when of if that will happen. I have had issues with the app that I think might be unique to me. i asked several question regarding it to my SA when I got the text but never got any reply but it was an hour or so before they closed so I ran out of time

Solved my issue regarding the MVPA not refreshing to reflect changing from cash to financing. As well as the financing not showing up in the app. I contacted Tesla many times and they kept saying you might have to wait. I then contacted Alliant, credit union and said I had a Vin but no MVPA. Alliant said we get that for you. 10 minutes later. my app showed them as my lender with the correct MVPA.

The edd updated to 8/15-8/21, which is crazy. I was checking the app every 5 minutes as normal and nothing. Started playing a game on my and got a text saying i had a VIN. Checked app and seen it was there. I had it selected to cash and so I responded to the text asking if they could change to financing and gave my credit union and amount I wanted to finance. they never responded. I have had an issue where I could not add 3rd party financing myself. It will just keep going back to the beginning everytime I try, but they can add it, they have in the past but I selected cash again because it leaves my app in a unfinished state. I tried to add it myself again thinking now that I had a vin it would work. Nope. so it basically reverts to the first screen that says choose financing. I contacted tesla via the webiste chat and they confirmed it was changed and my financing was entered on their end. The MVPA still reflects cash. I asked when that will change and they said give it 48 hours but I think they just wanted to get rid of me. I had entered my insurance info while it was still in cash mode. Since it looks like financing is not complete in the app it seems liek it may not let me complete other tasks like paying them, but Im not sure. My biggest concern is that I need the MVPA agreement to update to reflect my credit union instead of cash before I can move to the next step with the credit union, and Im not sure when of if that will happen. I have had issues with the app that I think might be unique to me. i asked several question regarding it to my SA when I got the text but never got any reply but it was an hour or so before they closed so I ran out of time
This appears to be the case for me on my 2020 M3LR with 17k miles, my initial offer was $49,400… this was on 7/18, so my offer hasn’t expired just yet but when I used Tesla’s trade in estimator it now says 39k-43k… in July it said 47k-51k and that’s when I got the $49,400 official offer. While this is annoying the user car market specially for EV’s actually hasn’t cooled off, at least not to justify a 20% drop in value. I just got an instant offer on driveway for 54.5k… which is roughly what I was getting with the initial trade-in of $49,400+5k in tax savings in my state. I’ve still got time with my EDD at 9/15-10/20 but if I have to I’ll pay off the balance on my loan and sell it to driveway just a bit of a hassle. I do wonder if Tesla dropped their trade in offers across the board by 20% or just M3’s/M3LR’s…
I will definitely look into driveway. I hadn’t heard of them before. I did try Carvana a couple of months ago but wasn’t blown away by their offer (I can’t remember what it was but it was low).

OD 3/24 Red/White/Tow (since removed)/Added EAP in June

Delayed again to 8/29 - 9/12. This is my 4th two week window in a row and 5th overall.

I called again and asked why. Of course no definitive answer, but he felt confident I would have my order by the end of the year and didn’t think it would go to 2023. My wife convinced me to hang onto my order for a little longer. At this point I’m no longer excited about this, and I have a hesitation about needing to deal with Tesla if anything goes wrong.