Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent NYC order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking about ordering from inventory, but most of those cars have March builds. How do you guys feel about getting a car that still has radar as opposed to Tesla vision? Any opinions?
How do you know it's a March build? Curious to know. Also, if you are getting one with Radar, it will still have Tesla vision and they will just disable the radar. I think that is the better option.

Hi. I placed my MYLR order on 4/30. Mt. Kisko pick up. Red/white. 7 seater and tow hitch. A few days ago my EDD was June 15-30! Today is said July 28-Aug 27!!! Has this happened to anyone else?

First post ever! Hi all - I placed my MY order on 5/5 for the most basic configuration: white on black, 19” wheels, no tow hitch, no FSD, 5 seater. Right after hesitantly accepting Tesla Vision 6/1 evening, received a VIN 200XXX. EDD has stayed the same since: 6/16-6/23. I asked the SA in Manhasset if she can nail down a firm date and she said: “Once the vehicle leaves the California factory, we will be able to schedule a precise delivery date and time.”
I have the exact same spec on order. You're not picking up in Smithtown?

Reactions: with_raiden
I am pretty sure he/she will be picking up the car in Smithtown. Tesla Manhasset is just a showroom 😊.
I ordered on 4/23. My EDD is 6/6 - 6/15.
Awesome! So exciting - would love to hear how pickup went!! I know we definitely won’t have radar... but I’m hoping for the passenger lumbar support and paint protection film. Any idea if we are supposed to have the heated steering and the updated headlights?

This is for anyone in NY, but especially for those who picked up at Mt Kisco - how long was your wait between accepting the Tesla Vision and getting your VIN? I just had it pop up on my account and am hoping that means things are moving forward. Yesterday the EDD was Jun 20 - Jun 30

It was instant for me. Accept T.V. and there was my VIN.

This is for anyone in NY, but especially for those who picked up at Mt Kisco - how long was your wait between accepting the Tesla Vision and getting your VIN? I just had it pop up on my account and am hoping that means things are moving forward. Yesterday the EDD was Jun 20 - Jun 30
Congrats !!
i m from CT ordered at MT Kisco.
Yesterday I had EDD June 20-30 and today it is June 21 -30.
Hopefully tomorrow I get the blue button .. 🤞

Instant for me... just now!
Logged in after reading your message, was asked to accept Tesla Vision, and was given my VIN... 984xx and June 7 - 10 estimated delivery date.
:D:D:D

Reactions: BagheeraNY
I check my account page pretty frequently throughout the day, not even expecting to see any updates or surprises and the only time the dates shift is in the mornings before 9AM EST, but when I read posts like yours with "just now", I can't help myself but to go check my order page again in case the poster's VIN assignment is somehow, someway, in some kind of batch that includes mine. It's a silly exercise but I can't help myself. 😂

I picked up my Model Y today from the Mt. Kisco location. Pickup took about 20 minutes to complete. Employees were was super friendly. There were maybe 5 other people also picking up while i was there but maybe about 10 cars staged for pickup. The car was in very good condition from what I could tell. No weird panel gaps, scratches, paint chips, dirty liners, etc. Only minor complaint i have is that the paint is slightly swirled but i am having the car detailed and coated later this week so it is a non-issue for me. I didn't hang around too long because it was super hot and the was zero shade to park under. I ended up just driving home (about 20 min) and inspecting it there. Spent the rest of the afternoon setting up the car exactly how i want it and took a short joy ride to get comfortable with the handling. To my surprise the suspension was alot softer than I was expecting. I'm coming from a Mazda CX-5 which has a pretty "sporty" suspension so perhaps my perception of "soft" is different than someone coming from a more luxury vehicle. I'm very happy so far with my choice and so is the wife. Neighbors seem to be really into it as well :)

Just spoke with my SA and he said it's likely I'll be receiving my delivery before the end of June (even though my EDD is showing for late July to early August). Fingers crossed!
Just curious, did they indicate if there is anything in particular that gave them this impression or was it just the hope that Tesla will be delivering as many cars as possible before June 30? Like did he lookup something specific to your order? And what is your pickup location? I ordered around the same time as you with a similar config and picking up at Mt. Kisco. My EDD is currently July 19-Aug 8.

Just curious, did they indicate if there is anything in particular that gave them this impression or was it just the hope that Tesla will be delivering as many cars as possible before June 30? Like did he lookup something specific to your order? And what is your pickup location? I ordered around the same time as you with a similar config and picking up at Mt. Kisco. My EDD is currently July 19-Aug 8.

Unfortunately, this is all I got from him. But I'll text him and see if I can get more info. I'm going to be picking up in BK.

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 5.32.37 PM.jpeg