Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for place to stay on Bend, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg
Current state of the old McKenzie Hwy. Open to bicycles only until June.

• Informative
Reactions: taldric
Wow... Just checked into the Oxford hotel in Bend. It is amazing! What a great place. Thank you for the recommendation!

They only do valet parking. So I asked the valet to get our car onto the charger as quickly as possible since we need enough charge to get to the Cowboy Dinner Tree (and back) in a few hours. They had it on the charger within minutes. Great service!

Btw - this is the first time I wish I had dual chargers. The hotel has an 80A destination charger - but my single charger car can only use 40 A. Oh well.

Reactions: goneskiian
Wow... Just checked into the Oxford hotel in Bend. It is amazing! What a great place. Thank you for the recommendation!

They only do valet parking. So I asked the valet to get our car onto the charger as quickly as possible since we need enough charge to get to the Cowboy Dinner Tree (and back) in a few hours. They had it on the charger within minutes. Great service!

Btw - this is the first time I wish I had dual chargers. The hotel has an 80A destination charger - but my single charger car can only use 40 A. Oh well.

How'd the trip go? Still full from Cowboy Dinner Tree?

The trip was fantastic. We loved every minute. The entire family LOVED the Cowboy Dinner Tree. In fact, my 18 year old son ate the entire 30 oz. steak, along with some bean soup, the baked potato and the dessert. He wasn't feeling too good afterwards, but he was proud to have done it. I highly recommend the place.

The owner came out to look at my Tesla as we were preparing to leave. He claimed it was the first one he had ever seen. I suggested that they install a destination charger since they are so far out in the middle of nowhere. He wanted to know how much he could charge for its use, and I gently suggested that it would put his place on the built in Tesla map and would attract new attention. He said he would think about it.

I did have a charge problem though. We had 100% charge coming away from the Springfield, OR supercharger, and when we got to the Oxford in Bend they plugged us in to the destination charger immediately. But our dinner was that same night, and with a single charger we just didn't get quite enough charge. Trip meter was telling us we would arrive with between 0 and 3% charge at the Oxford on our way back from the Cowboy Dinner Tree. So we stopped at the campground (it's in PlugShare) and charged for about 30 minutes to make sure we could get back to the hotel.

It was a great trip though, and my wife and I will be going back to Bend as soon as possible. The new SuperCharger in Bend will make the trip a lot easier.

Reactions: goneskiian
The trip was fantastic. We loved every minute. The entire family LOVED the Cowboy Dinner Tree. In fact, my 18 year old son ate the entire 30 oz. steak, along with some bean soup, the baked potato and the dessert. He wasn't feeling too good afterwards, but he was proud to have done it. I highly recommend the place.

The owner came out to look at my Tesla as we were preparing to leave. He claimed it was the first one he had ever seen. I suggested that they install a destination charger since they are so far out in the middle of nowhere. He wanted to know how much he could charge for its use, and I gently suggested that it would put his place on the built in Tesla map and would attract new attention. He said he would think about it.

I did have a charge problem though. We had 100% charge coming away from the Springfield, OR supercharger, and when we got to the Oxford in Bend they plugged us in to the destination charger immediately. But our dinner was that same night, and with a single charger we just didn't get quite enough charge. Trip meter was telling us we would arrive with between 0 and 3% charge at the Oxford on our way back from the Cowboy Dinner Tree. So we stopped at the campground (it's in PlugShare) and charged for about 30 minutes to make sure we could get back to the hotel.

It was a great trip though, and my wife and I will be going back to Bend as soon as possible. The new SuperCharger in Bend will make the trip a lot easier.

I, too, have felt the discomfort of eating the whole steak, some of the beans, bread and salad. It was a feat I'm not eager to repeat.

A destination charger at the DCT would be awesome. I think Tesla has no problem with owners restricting the use of the charger to paying customers. They'll also give away the hardware if the owner installs it. I honestly don't know what the downside could be.

There was a long discussion in the Model X forum earlier about the need for greater than 40amp charging. Tesla had to be convinced to offer the 72amp system in the Model X. For those of us who've opted for dual chargers the argument was pretty straightforward. Charging over 40 armpits isn't required very frequently but when it is required it's absolutely essential.

Sounds like you guys had a fun trip!