Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation on Seattle detailer/ceramic coating + ceramic tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PNWLeccy

Jul 11, 2019
Denver
Bought my M3 lightly used so it came with quite a few swirl marks. I was hoping to get a good detail and ceramic coating to protect the paint afterwards. I'm not a guy who cleans his car obsessively so I'm looking for something that will make it easier to keep clean. Not really interested in PPF

Also looking to get ceramic tint - any recommendation on best bang for buck film would be appreciated! I know there's tons of options but I know the shop applying it can make all the difference so if anyone has had a great experience on a Seattle area shop, please let me know.

Adding cost $$ to recommendations would also be super helpful in weighing my options.

I recently hand my P3D window tinted, PPF, and ceramic coated at Midnight Window Tinting / Blue Star Auto Salon in Shoreline.

The owner of Midnight and his wife both drive Model 3’s.
I had the same thing done and Brett who is the owner stands by his work and they’just redid some of the PPF and tint and it now looks perfect. I have taken multiple cars to them over the years and it’s always turned out great.

I used Metropolitan Detail in Redmond. They are a sponsor on these forums, have been doing Teslas for many years, the owner's car is a twin of mine (in fact he's got my old wheels), and every customer I've ever talked to has been pleased with their work.

Their prices are listed on their web site.
I've actually just had someone back into my front bumper and leave a few scratches. The estimates I got from Sameday scratch repair and tesla are $750 and ~$1200 respectively. The guy who did it left a note but i don't want to screw him over since he was nice enough to let me know. Someone mentioned a detailer being able to fix most of it.

I contacted Metropolitan because I heard good things from others as well and they quoted me $120 to fix most of it which i feel like should be fine but I was thinking of also springing for their $325 Essential exterior package which includes:
  • Gentle Hand Wash
  • Clean Wheels
  • Clean Door Jambs
  • Paint Decontamination
  • Mask Trim
  • Single Stage Machine Polish
  • Paint Sanitation
  • 3 Month Synthetic Sealant
  • Polish Exhaust Tips
  • Tire Dressing
  • Courtesy Vacuum and Windows
Do you think if I got this done to help remove swirl marks and most paint contamination I could go ahead and do a DIY ceramic coating? I don't want to pay the $500+ to get it done but wanted to get it in good enough shape to try and do it myself. Is that a bad idea?