Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended Charger Brand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, I was responding to the original post on this thread. 30A should be fine for a residential situation where you can charge overnight.

No problem. Thanks for the insight.

On a similar note, if an apartment building is still under construction and is interested in something like this, what kind of wire should they run? I am talking to one in particular who is thinking about a few 240V J1772s but thought some additional 110V EVSEs for plug-in hybrids might make sense. Initially the wire only would be there but they would maybe add the EVSEs in the future.

No problem. Thanks for the insight.

On a similar note, if an apartment building is still under construction and is interested in something like this, what kind of wire should they run? I am talking to one in particular who is thinking about a few 240V J1772s but thought some additional 110V EVSEs for plug-in hybrids might make sense. Initially the wire only would be there but they would maybe add the EVSEs in the future.

I'd say they should run 100 Amp circuits to each 240V location so they can offer 80 Amp J1772. They will want to have an electrician review their requirements and incorporate into the plans based on run length, etc.

In a short residential run, 4 AWG copper is likely sufficient.