Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke you Doug about this, this was resolved.

Hey guacamaya,

Any status update on this? Curious as well since it is a refundable deposit.

We spoke brielfly about this and most likely the fronter bumper film will need to be changed. Don’t forget to set aside some time and make an appt for this.

Just for the record, the Suntek PPF performed as advertised and might potentially saved your bumper from major damage and all the collateral damage internally from that.

Sound investment IMO.

Just that I told Doug that I would stop by next week to discuss (crazy schedule this week). I have been staring at it at each approach to my vehicle. It's quite small. But I need to at least do something about the snaggy aspect...

Also worth mentioning that he is booked solid til late October with the new MDR location, so that was a improvement of over 2 months pulled in, so make your appts.

Cool thanks , a buddy had mentioned the OC group buy only covered ceramic coating on the ppf areas only , not sure if he is correct or not but thought I would clarify what the LA group by would cover as it makes sense to top off the ppf front area and the rest of the car like you had mentioned

Not sure how that group buy is structured, so can’t speak to it.

The industry standard is to coat the whole car with ceramic coating including PPF.

I would be weary of any installer/group buy that doesn’t coat the whole care.

Cool thanks , a buddy had mentioned the OC group buy only covered ceramic coating on the ppf areas only , not sure if he is correct or not but thought I would clarify what the LA group by would cover as it makes sense to top off the ppf front area and the rest of the car like you had mentioned

Hey guacamaya,

Hey guacamaya,

Spoke you Doug about this, this was resolved.

Hey guys, actually, this is NOT resolved. I have been waiting close to 3 weeks for a refund now to no avail. Last I heard was something along the lines of "Chase messed up. They fixed it. It should be there in 48 hours." That was on Wednesday of last week (4 business days, 6 total days ago)

Here's a screen cap of my card statement as my proof that ONLY shows the charge from Doug, and never the refund. (this is a brand new card, and Im only using it for M3 related expenses for biz purposes)

citi.PNG

Really frustrating altogether. 3rd week of waiting on my refund is really not cool. Hope everyone else is having a better exp than me.

Picked up from Doug this past Saturday. Vehicle was worked on at his new location...tint look great, paint looked fantastic. So ended up doing 30% on the tint on every window, Full frontal PPF and Qtechniq Ultra ceramic coating. There are still a few small air bubbles on the PPF but I was told they should go away on their own, if not, they would re do it. Also got the brushed aluminum on the center console which beats the hell out of the stock finger print magnet. Going back Thursday for a follow-up inspection. Overall very satisfied with the work they did.

4vjsc3.jpg

sm5yea.jpg

2uhvle8.jpg

2hrfqjr.jpg

2vtbdzk.jpg

2m3o6s8.jpg

Picked up from Doug this past Saturday. Vehicle was worked on at his new location...tint look great, paint looked fantastic. So ended up doing 30% on the tint on every window, Full frontal PPF and Qtechniq Ultra ceramic coating. There are still a few small air bubbles on the PPF but I was told they should go away on their own, if not, they would re do it. Also got the brushed aluminum on the center console which beats the hell out of the stock finger print magnet. Going back Thursday for a follow-up inspection. Overall very satisfied with the work they did.

4vjsc3.jpg

sm5yea.jpg

2uhvle8.jpg

2hrfqjr.jpg

2vtbdzk.jpg

2m3o6s8.jpg
Nice photos!

4vjsc3.jpg

sm5yea.jpg

2uhvle8.jpg

2hrfqjr.jpg

2vtbdzk.jpg

2m3o6s8.jpg

I'm actually getting mine done at the new location as well (it's further out for me, but it would be right before a driving trip I have planned).

I was somewhat worried about the quality since it's at the new location, but sounds like they are doing an awesome job there as well! (And I have the same car color).

Can't wait for mine to get done.

4vjsc3.jpg

sm5yea.jpg

2uhvle8.jpg

2hrfqjr.jpg

2vtbdzk.jpg

2m3o6s8.jpg

Agree nice pictures. Looks great! On the center console wrap, do you know what color options are available? Also, is it just a vinyl overlay or is it a true poly wrap?

Agree nice pictures. Looks great! On the center console wrap, do you know what color options are available? Also, is it just a vinyl overlay or is it a true poly wrap?
I'm not sure as to the different color options they have available, but I do know they have many. I already new I wanted the brushed aluminum so I honestly didn't really inquire about the other options. But Doug did say that they had tons of different options. As for being a vinyl overly or true poly wrap, honestly I'm not sure the difference between the two. The wrap isn't just a sticker on top of the existing plastic. It literally wraps around the edges of every piece. I'll take a few pics of the center console so you can see what I mean.

I'm actually getting mine done at the new location as well (it's further out for me, but it would be right before a driving trip I have planned).

I was somewhat worried about the quality since it's at the new location, but sounds like they are doing an awesome job there as well! (And I have the same car color).

Can't wait for mine to get done.

@JDea According to Doug, he moved his best guys to the new location so as to ease fears of thinking new shop =new/inexperienced workers. I had the same worries as well.

@chikid I didn't tell the wife I was wrapping the center console as she was very fond of the piano black, but once she saw the brushed aluminum, she said the exact thing you did. Really tied everything together and it doesn't look cheap or aftermarket at all. That was very important to me as I like keeping everything as OEM as possible

4vjsc3.jpg

sm5yea.jpg

2uhvle8.jpg

2hrfqjr.jpg

2vtbdzk.jpg

2m3o6s8.jpg
looks great, how much for the whole set? (tint and wrap)

Just picked up my model 3 after having a shop install ppf on front bumper and have a few questions... Anyone have a noticeable gap in ppf on the inside of the bottom bumper opening? There is no film at all in that small area. Also, the jagged seams from a custom application. i like how they did the vertical seams, but the horizontal seams are noticeable since they are not straight.

Attachments

• IMG_6051.JPG
    IMG_6051.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6050.JPG
    IMG_6050.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6049.JPG
    IMG_6049.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 64
Tell me if this is a dumb idea. I would just put a patch of PPF on top, overlapping the damage with a margin, just to protect from further damage. I know it would look like crap, but it would be kind of functional. Whaddya think?

Not a dumb idea, I had this method applied to one of my cars that has a front PPF, just clean up/trim off the "snaggy" area, apply a patch over it. Still holding up after 6+ years no signs of dirt getting in since the edges haven't lifted. Only can tell if you are right up on it.