Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Brake Calipers Wanted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought a new Model X few weeks ago and the won't let me order the red calipers. Does anyone have a set they are selling that will work for my 75D. I do have 22" black stock rims from Tesla (not sure that matters). Thanks and msg me if you have a pair.

PS: I assume I can install them at a local (non-Tesla) shop like any other calipers...? I don't have a service center in Arkansas so that's another concern. Thanks again.

Yes

My experience with the P85D was under hard breaking even the performance clippers had a hard time with the weight. For most driving situations they were fine though and with regen you barely use breaks.

Gotcha......I was thinking of having mine painted as well, did not realize the red calipers ordered from the store are larger in size then what come standard on non-P cars which would somewhat make the $2500 price more attractive

Anyone out here know how much larger in measurements or percentage?

Why did they not let your order a set? Is it because it's not compatible with your car? I know newer Xs don't have the parking brake anymore and this upgrade specifically says not for cars built after 11/2016.

I'll went ahead and paid the $2300 to order them online and get them done next time I'm in Dallas. Turns out my car was made the day before the cutoff allowing you to buy them! #winning
But after reading all this, feel like I should have painted them... oh well, I'd rather not mess with it. Thanks all.

We offer painting brake caliper services and other paint services, such as painting the black trim, locally at our Los Angeles facility.

Our Model X (Project Tifany X) with custom exterior color matched calipers and 22" MX5 Forged Wheels.

wrapped-satin-tiffany-blue-tesla-model-x-22-inch-wheel-mx5-gloss-black-4.jpg

wrapped-tiffany-blue-tesla-model-x-22-inch-wheel-mx5-gloss-black-2.jpg