Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I Jinxed myself. After telling you I had no problems reaching a tesla rep., for the last week, I can not get a hold of anyone at Tesla 888 number, at Clarkston Service and delivery in Michigan, or the sales office in Michigan. WTF. Tesla tells you to leave a message but the messaging system said its full. If it was any other business you would think they went bankrupt and out of business. I am supposed to pick up my MYRP on Friday and had some questions but there is no one to answer them.. Totally ghosted me. :) This car better be the best car ever otherwise I will buy a V10 Gas guzler at a flippin dealership(both of which I hate). Does anyone have a magical way of talking to a human being at Tesla?
I suppose they’re being inundated with questions and calls due to the new pricing and tax credits, and many first time buyers not knowing their buying process. Just look at the number of repetitive questions that get asked on this website. I can’t imagine what it’s like trying to work their phones. The only sure fire way to talk to a human is to go to one of their sales centers. And even then, they’ll just refer you back to the website.

Last edited:
I suppose they’re being inundated with questions and calls due to the new pricing and tax credits, and many first time buyers not knowing their buying process. Just look at the number of repetitive questions that get asked on this website. I can’t imagine what it’s like trying to work their phones. The only sure fire way to talk to a human is to go to one of their sales centers. And even then, they’ll just refer you back to the website.
That is fair reasoning. I guess I just have to trust the App. as it tells me to show up Friday at my time and that a Tesla remote advisor will help me with the process via the phone. Hopefully at that time the App will provide me with a way to get a hold of "said" remote advisor.
Anyhow still happy as a kid ready to open presents at Christmas. From Jan 19th when I ordered MYPR to this Ffriday Feb 10th, not a bad wait, and lucked out on the bigger discount before they upped it by 1000 :).

Reactions: Ray_R
That is fair reasoning. I guess I just have to trust the App. as it tells me to show up Friday at my time and that a Tesla remote advisor will help me with the process via the phone. Hopefully at that time the App will provide me with a way to get a hold of "said" remote advisor.
Anyhow still happy as a kid ready to open presents at Christmas. From Jan 19th when I ordered MYPR to this Ffriday Feb 10th, not a bad wait, and lucked out on the bigger discount before they upped it by 1000 :).
I’ve never heard of a remote advisor for a pickup. If you’re picking it up from a Tesla location, I’ve only experienced a live body that took my payment, programmed keys, signed paperwork, etc. If they can do all this remotely now, that’s a new one on me.

I’ve never heard of a remote advisor for a pickup. If you’re picking it up from a Tesla location, I’ve only experienced a live body that took my payment, programmed keys, signed paperwork, etc. If they can do all this remotely now, that’s a new one on me.
Right after I posted, I got a text from, :) as you indicated, a live person from Clarkston, MI pickup site. He said car is ready now and I can come earlier than Friday, and that he would meet me in person for delivery!!!! Awesomeness! They seem to do things well but communication gaps sort of hinder their image a little. Those of us that appreciate the tech dont care too much however :)

I think they would save money and aggravation by assigning just one person to scour this website and answer questions so each new buyer does not have to reinvent the wheel. Anyhow from Jan 19 to a new Car Feb 7. Pretty quick from Fremont to Detroit!!

Last edited:
Reactions: GoGators! and Ray_R
I talked to the SA this afternoon about a few questions that came up. He said my car left Texas on the 3rd and is supposed to arrive in Boston on the 14th. Does that seem like a long time on the road to you guys? Just thought that was interesting. I would be pretty happy if it arrived early but just wishful thinking I guess.

I talked to the SA this afternoon about a few questions that came up. He said my car left Texas on the 3rd and is supposed to arrive in Boston on the 14th. Does that seem like a long time on the road to you guys? Just thought that was interesting. I would be pretty happy if it arrived early but just wishful thinking I guess.
I’ve ordered cars that have taken weeks for shipping. Some have sat in rail yards, transfer stations, etc for days and days. Eleven days seems pretty fast to me.

I ordered my Red Model Y Performance on 10/19/22, got the VIN # on 10/22/22. I picked the car up on 11/2/22 at the Princeton NJ store. I ordered the Performance model because the delivery was shorter than the Long Range and the price difference was minimal when adding the same wheels/tires to the Long Range model.

Ordered MYPR 1/19
VIN 1/25
Received Vehicle on 2/7

I have to SCREAM here that this is the best gosh darn car I have owned...and Ive had quite a few nice cars in my life. The built quality is impeccable. I spoke to the Clarkston team in Michigan and they indicated that unlike even early 2022 the new cars seem to have gotten past their misaligned panels and have been faultless. Mine was in perfect condition with 3 miles on the ODO.

I got it with a 100% battery and at first there was no regenerative breaking. Felt a bit like a normal car would, coasting when easing off the brake. Once regen kicked in I no longer needed to use the breaks, which is awesome at lights etc.

And sorry for being so excited, as this is my first Tesla, but this thing flies like a bat out of hell. I made myself nauseaus from punching the Gauss at every straightaway. Felt like an amusement park ride.

Anyhow, for all those waiting, IGNORE the customer service hiccups, which really are a non issue since they do everything on the app. YOU WILL LOVE THIS CAR. The software the screen, the super heated seats, the vents, how it all works perfectly, and SOOO quiet...I am I IN LOVE!!!! Its an unasuming sniper on the road. Pull up quietly behind a Corvette and then leave them behind.
PS. The Model YP comes with front mud guards so I had to return that prebuy.

Gotta go...for a spin. zooooom

Attachments

• IMG-8757.jpg
    IMG-8757.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 123
Wow that red looks sick! Mine won't be quite as zippy as yours and wheels won't look white as cool as yours but I hope it is close enough to satisfy me. I already got black wheel covers and when I test drove I made sure to push the pedal to the metal and even the LR version felt zippier than any car I've ever owned so I think I'll be good... but anyway wow what an amazing looking car. I can't wait until next week.

Reactions: RedY23
Ordered MYPR 1/19
VIN 1/25
Received Vehicle on 2/7

I have to SCREAM here that this is the best gosh darn car I have owned...and Ive had quite a few nice cars in my life. The built quality is impeccable. I spoke to the Clarkston team in Michigan and they indicated that unlike even early 2022 the new cars seem to have gotten past their misaligned panels and have been faultless. Mine was in perfect condition with 3 miles on the ODO.

I got it with a 100% battery and at first there was no regenerative breaking. Felt a bit like a normal car would, coasting when easing off the brake. Once regen kicked in I no longer needed to use the breaks, which is awesome at lights etc.

And sorry for being so excited, as this is my first Tesla, but this thing flies like a bat out of hell. I made myself nauseaus from punching the Gauss at every straightaway. Felt like an amusement park ride.

Anyhow, for all those waiting, IGNORE the customer service hiccups, which really are a non issue since they do everything on the app. YOU WILL LOVE THIS CAR. The software the screen, the super heated seats, the vents, how it all works perfectly, and SOOO quiet...I am I IN LOVE!!!! Its an unasuming sniper on the road. Pull up quietly behind a Corvette and then leave them behind.
PS. The Model YP comes with front mud guards so I had to return that prebuy.

Gotta go...for a spin. zooooom
I upgraded from a LR to P last week. My initial OD was 1/24. The same exact config, red and black interior MYP. She looks sexy as hell. Lately I’ve been feeling on the fence whether or not to switch back to LR worrying about the ride comfort/tires. Glad to here you’re having a good time. YOLO

They finally found the red paint bucket. WooHoo.

Got my VIN 2/7 at Noon, after an initial order in Sep. Of course they scheduled delivery for when I'm out of town!!

Really happy for you ^^. Nice to hear something other than complaints. I'm not a fanboy, and have my share of issues, but at the end of the day our fam has 4 Teslas and they are just dang fun to drive!!

I got the 7 seat schlepper, and don't usually do things for show - but ended up with the red, and now it looks like I'll have to get some black wheel covers. It really does look slick. :cool: