Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I upgraded from a LR to P last week. My initial OD was 1/24. The same exact config, red and black interior MYP. She looks sexy as hell. Lately I’ve been feeling on the fence whether or not to switch back to LR worrying about the ride comfort/tires. Glad to here you’re having a good time. YOLO
I dont know about the LR but the P drives smooth and fast. Have no regrets. If youve been to an air show and an F16 zips by. At first you dont hear a thing its silent smooth and FAF.

The 2023 P has 3 sterring wheel settings. Performance to grandma. Its super tight in performance. Same with acceleration you can customize to your preference . Overall a smooth ride comfy seats and all weather tires do fine in Michigan.
Update: yellow Vette pulled up on the freeway and took off on me. I didnt even floor it and caught up to him. I think he is buying a new car. 🤣. My only concern is that I am having too much fun and gonna get a ticket. Before I knew it vette and I were doing 120. I thought I was going 90 at best because its so smooth and quiet
Ask anything you want to know about this new car and its fewtures and smile because you made the right choice!! LR or P gonna make ya happy

Reactions: Alby3D
I can confirm from my test drive that the LR has the sport steering option and it's definitely the option for me. I heard the only downside to the model Y is the turning radius. Have you noticed a difference between the turning radius in the Y and your last car?

Reactions: RedY23
Took delivery today in Jacksonville, the vehicle quality seems flawless - MUCH better quality than my 2018 Model 3. Austin made in January ‘23. Very pleased! BCA183F1-71DA-4633-8450-619A4EFB6811.jpegA62CA7EA-FC7B-48F2-A99D-F08FA08250DE.jpegE28D67C3-9ACD-4C01-B58D-A4F296A6D3E5.jpeg

I can confirm from my test drive that the LR has the sport steering option and it's definitely the option for me. I heard the only downside to the model Y is the turning radius. Have you noticed a difference between the turning radius in the Y and your last car?
The turning radius is not an issue for me. Very similar to my Jeep Cherokee, You can always press the Fart button if turning in circles takes too long. :) I think the downside of the model y for some is that they don't have one :) :) :)
Curious as to order to delivery time now. 3 weeks for mine from Jan19 to Feb 7. Freemont to Detroit.

Picked up Clifford, the Big Red Car today. Overall, very good shape. Had a few small issues that I have already submitted a service request for. There was another red Y being delivered next to mine, and that one had the exact same problems with 2 and 3.
1) Dash trim not aligned on drivers side about 1/4"
2) Rear driver side door sticking out a bit
3) Above the driver door, there seal is pushed in for a few inches

From Fremont, matrix headlights, shelf, I don't think it had mud-flaps (forgot to look)

Compared to the summer 2020 Y that we have, this car rides smoother, is quieter, and feels a bit more luxurious (don't like the piano black plastic they had before). The red looks great even in the rain. He's off to have windows tinted and full front PPF today, I'll investigate more this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_3116.jpg
    IMG_3116.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3117.jpg
    IMG_3117.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3118.jpg
    IMG_3118.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: GoGators!
Picked up Clifford, the Big Red Car today. Overall, very good shape. Had a few small issues that I have already submitted a service request for. There was another red Y being delivered next to mine, and that one had the exact same problems with 2 and 3.

From Fremont, matrix headlights, shelf, I don't think it had mud-flaps (forgot to look)

Compared to the summer 2020 Y that we have, this car rides smoother, is quieter, and feels a bit more luxurious (don't like the piano black plastic they had before). The red looks great even in the rain. He's off to have windows tinted and full front PPF today, I'll investigate more this weekend.
Great name! Looks great!

I’m still debating if ppf or/and ceramic coating for my red model y. Just the ppf in socal is so expensive don’t know if it’s worth the price tag….
The front 'grill' of the Y is bug/rock/chip magnet. Chunks of paint are missing from our 2020 Y. When we bought the car I wanted to get PPF then and wifey wasn't about it - on this car she told me to get it. It's expensive everywhere, but the place near me is highly regarded (had some noice cars there today - a beautiful Lambo was the star) and I having the front 2 windows tinted, PPF on the front 1/3 of the car, mirrors, front lights, and replaced chrome T logo with matte black for about $2k. I've never had PPF or ceramic on a car, but I think PPF protects more of what our issue is than ceramic. I *might* try to do ceramic myself...

Reactions: Premiertint

are those three issues fixable with service requests? I am going to pickup my car soon, Fremont build as well

are those three issues fixable with service requests? I am going to pickup my car soon, Fremont build as well
I believe so. The nice delivery lady said to submit a request and she would file something on her end too. The door being off a little bit didn't surprise her. The seal being shoved in - she said she never saw that before and walked around to other cars, the only 2 to have it were the 2 red Y's from Fremont. I think they just need to pull it out a bit - maybe replace it, if that can't fix that I'm not too worried, I just want it recorded in case of a leak. I'm not sure about the interior trim. It's designed to be level, so something is making it not level... They did a lot of service request work on our 2020 Y - rattles, replaced a miss-colored bumper, windshield wipers were banging on the car, frunk and trunk panel gaps were really bad, we also had a leak somewhere near the rear window/lift gate. My SC is actually pretty good...

UPDATE: I got my delivery appointment scheduled today too.
Order date: 1/15/2023 7 PM
VIN assigned: 2/3/2023 ( choose from inventory) - Fremont build (Matrix lights - unconfirmed)
Delivery Scheduled on 2/7 for 2/11
My SA texted me to come pick up early. I work from home and Tesla store is 20 miles away.

I picked up this beautiful car today. No exterior issues.

Attachments

• 20230209_145135.jpg
    20230209_145135.jpg
    875 KB · Views: 92
  • 20230209_145112.jpg
    20230209_145112.jpg
    773.3 KB · Views: 98
Changed my MYLR to MYP this afternoon. Delivery date changed from 02/08-02/18 to 02/20-03/20...ouch. Fingers crossed the car comes in before the IRS changes the rebate ruling regarding the battery component (note: for the record, I am betting they cut some slack on the battery requirement since the administration probably doesn't want to torpedo EV sales...push the date, etc. - we'll see!).