Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is red color Y faster than others to deliver? if so i may change my MYP from white to red.
No one really knows, it is all speculation. There is a spreadsheet at the beginning of this forum where many have self reported their order and delivery experiences. Perhaps you would like to do some analyses and draw your own conclusions. Keep in mind, self reported data, small sample universe compared to all the MYs sold in January, but its something to do while you wait. :)
MY Order Tracker

No one really knows, it is all speculation. There is a spreadsheet at the beginning of this forum where many have self reported their order and delivery experiences. Perhaps you would like to do some analyses and draw your own conclusions. Keep in mind, self reported data, small sample universe compared to all the MYs sold in January, but its something to do while you wait. :)
MY Order Tracker
I would update muy infor but never get the option to edit.

Hi all, does anyone know if we can order an available model y in other states, and take delivery and drive back to the home state register it?

I understand I might need to pay temp registration charges in the selling state, what else would be additional? Does Tesla allow that?

Hi all, does anyone know if we can order an available model y in other states, and take delivery and drive back to the home state register it?

I understand I might need to pay temp registration charges in the selling state, what else would be additional? Does Tesla allow that?

Yes, however there are some states that you cannot purchase from and then register in another state. You will know because on the vehicles description it will read.. Cannot be registered in XX, XX, XX or XX states.

you should be getting a vin any day now..and since you're already in your EDD range i'm sure after you get your vin delivery should be real quick .
I’ve been in my EDD range before. Last time it was day two of my range when the date was pushed out to the range I have now. It’s comical how folks put their faith in these EDD guesses. I’ve been through this before purchasing Tesla cars. EDDs are a joke.

Last edited:
I’ve been in my EDD range before. Last time it was day two of my range when the date was pushed out to the range I have now. It’s comical how folks put their faith in these EDD guesses. I’ve been through this before purchasing Tesla cars. EDDs are a joke.
that is why they call them EDs - Elon Dysfunction.

I have a delivery date, but wont believe it until i park it at my house.

I picked up MY LR today at Springfield NJ location and I had fantastic experience. I highly recommend Springfield NJ location.

I was able to check car inside and outside. Also able to drive a short trip before paperwork. First time in life car dealer did not check my patience while purchasing car. lol

Car is Austin build and 99% in good shape. Found some minor issues

1 - front both headlight has gap with body panel
2 - small minor scratches on passenger side.

It’s an Austin TX build car and got cargo cover, charger adapter, front tag holder. Regular headlight (matrix light was not deal breaker for me). I think, front and rear bumper has PPF installed. No mud flap.

Good luck with your order guys !!!

Attachments

• 4CF11B6E-F683-497A-B761-429C091AA413.jpeg
    4CF11B6E-F683-497A-B761-429C091AA413.jpeg
    792.2 KB · Views: 79
  • A56D7359-D571-469C-8C39-D44618018F0F.jpeg
    A56D7359-D571-469C-8C39-D44618018F0F.jpeg
    857.8 KB · Views: 58