Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys get permanent license plates on pick-up day?
I got the plate transferred from my former car that I brought with me. Of course I told them beforehand that I wanted that done. If you go this option, check the requirements in your state. In my state, NC, you had to keep the old car insured until the transfer. So I paid for a few weeks of liability insurance that I didn't have a car for. To me it was worth to keep the license plate which is consecutive with my wife' car. YMMV.

Reactions: majo
I got the plate transferred from my former car that I brought with me. Of course I told them beforehand that I wanted that done. If you go this option, check the requirements in your state. In my state, NC, you had to keep the old car insured until the transfer. So I paid for a few weeks of liability insurance that I didn't have a car for. To me it was worth to keep the license plate which is consecutive with my wife' car. YMMV.
That was actually very helpful, I didn't know that can be done, Thank you!

For those of you curious out installing ppf... after a week, I'm glad I did. A car merged in front of me on the highway and was flinging all sorts of mud and sounded like rocks at my car. I passed them and their front wheels and fenders were covered in mud. Sprayed the front of the car off with water and no damage. Just got the inductions installed, getting the center caps from Tesla on Thursday as well as matte black logos from the ppf installers.

Attachments

• IMG_3146.jpg
    IMG_3146.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3147.jpg
    IMG_3147.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3148.jpg
    IMG_3148.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Love
Reactions: Mr_Joe
For those of you curious out installing ppf... after a week, I'm glad I did. A car merged in front of me on the highway and was flinging all sorts of mud and sounded like rocks at my car. I passed them and their front wheels and fenders were covered in mud. Sprayed the front of the car off with water and no damage. Just got the inductions installed, getting the center caps from Tesla on Thursday as well as matte black logos from the ppf installers.

Do you mind sharing the cost of ppf? I was quoted $2,000 for madico ppf but I'm not sure if that's a good deal. I drive 100mi round trip 3x a week.

Do you mind sharing the cost of ppf? I was quoted $2,000 for madico ppf but I'm not sure if that's a good deal. I drive 100mi round trip 3x a week.
Depends what you're having done, and their experience/quality, but that sounds about right. I had the full frontal + headlights + front 2 windows tinted for about $2k+ tax. We didn't do this on our other Model Y and the bugs/rocks have caused some damage which made us take the leap on this one.

MYLR
1/14 OD: Red/Black interior/Induction
1/16 Vin received
1/17 Changed to Red/Black interior/Gemini Wheel
1/17 No Vin
EDD1: Jan 20-26
EDD2: Jan 28-Feb 10
EDD3: Feb 6-Feb 14
EDD4: Feb 12-Feb 20
Vin received Feb 10 PF685xxx
Scheduled delivery Feb 20 @ 2PM
Update: picked up today. Everything align great. Fremont build with a built date of 2/9/23. Matrix headlights, front mud guard, and ppf on lower back door.

Depends what you're having done, and their experience/quality, but that sounds about right. I had the full frontal + headlights + front 2 windows tinted for about $2k+ tax. We didn't do this on our other Model Y and the bugs/rocks have caused some damage which made us take the leap on this one.

It would be a wrap of everything painted. the window tinting would cost me $700 for hatch, front and rear side windows, then another $200 for the windshield for $900 total.

It would be a wrap of everything painted. the window tinting would cost me $700 for hatch, front and rear side windows, then another $200 for the windshield for $900 total.
PPF for $2000 for everything painted is a very good deal, assuming they do a quality job. Do they tuck the corners? Remove / replace emblems? I don't think you need to tint the hatch, it's dark already. I wouldn't tint the windshield. I just wanted the windows to match.

PPF for $2000 for everything painted is a very good deal, assuming they do a quality job. Do they tuck the corners? Remove / replace emblems? I don't think you need to tint the hatch, it's dark already. I wouldn't tint the windshield. I just wanted the windows to match.

Yes tuck not sure about emblems. I may order, bring in matte black style, and have them installed at the same time. MYP will have white interior so I want tint on the windshield to avoid the fishbowl feel. I've had windshield tint on my last 4 vehicles without issues driving at night or the police. Mainly in the 75-80% range so it's hardly noticeable. I'm going 40% this time.

Here's the latest update to my red tracker.

Average days to VIN for 1/13 orders is 11 days.

Given there were less orders on the 14th compared to the 13th I'd expect half as long to get the VINs from the 14th out, maybe another 5 or y days?

Interestingly a couple VINs have been assigned to orders from the 14th already but both of them were assigned very early compared to the majority of the 13th VINs and they also have delivery date ranges very similar to orders placed on the 13th.

View attachment 900605
How can you get the tracker? Thanks

The way it is now it is live. It can be maintained by just typing in the squares.
I used to meticulously edit the spreadsheet to include every update that was reported in this thread and the generic order thread but now I'm relying on people to do it themselves and my guess is 9 out of 10 users don't bother... but yes anybody can update the data for their own order.