TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Red multi-coat production Model X?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by CTemp222, Jan 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Does anyone have pictures of the red multi-coat production Model X? I've looked everywhere and nobody seems to have that color. If you have pictures of one please post.

2. Roamer

Roamer Member

I think it is the same color as the Red Multi Coat on the Model S. There should be plenty of places to see the color. I would post our three year old red multi coat S but a newer car would be a better place to compare colors.

My wife really likes the red S so we doubled down went sig red with the X.

I have not not seen a multi coat red X either. It was/is a Sig option so there may be one out there in that color.

image.jpeg

3. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Yea I understand that the red multi-coat is the same as the Model S but I would really like to see how it looks like on the Model X. I've seen the CGI's but a nice photo of a red multi-coat Model X would be so much more pleasing.

4. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Nothing yet. I'm trying to keep the color threads updated. As soon as I see one posted online, I'll drop it there:

Red Multicoat Model X Photos

5. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

I saw one... Let me see if I can find it. I've had two MC red S's so I'm biast, but I thought it looked really good on the X. But I would only go that route if you don't mind a ton of tesla time everywhere you go. It will definitely get attention.

Edit: I believe this is MC red

a716670eacfe6851c9e07f81b666254e.jpg
    9c93b557cd3ba2944c3e11a6a8d3d0cc.jpg

6. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Is there any reason why nobody has the red multi-coat Model X yet? I've seen every other color variant, did they run out of red paint?

7. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

Probably because all of the X's so far had the option for sig red.

8. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

hmmm that car seems a little dark, maybe a sig red? I think it will look brighter. Or it could be the lighting.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Tesla has began to deliver production models now?

9. bobbykansara

bobbykansara Member

VINs have been assigned for some production models, but none delivered yet.

10. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Right, but the sig Model X was offered with the red multi-coat and the other colors as well, I've seen the other colors. It's strange how there are no pictures of the red multi-coat.

11. bobbykansara

bobbykansara Member

Perhaps it's (simple) psychology. Why do many people buy class rings? It's not because they're so beautiful; but rather, it signifies you belong to a special club. In the case of the X (and S), Sig. Red signifies your X is in an elite category (pun fully intended)/higher status. MC Red is available even to plebes like me. So if you're inclined to buy red anyway, I imagine almost all of the Sig. reservation holders will get Sig. Red because it's exclusive.

12. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

At the San Diego service center they had several multi-coat reds and 1 Signature red.

Send me your e-mail and I;ll send you a photo.

Thought the X looked fantastic in Red. White was pretty spectacular too.

13. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Andrew's photos above are MC Red. I'd appreciate any others being put in the MC red thread I linked to above. It'll be really helpful for people who have questions about colors to see them in different lights/angles, etc.

Also, agree 100% with Bobby. If I had a Signature reservation, I'd be tempted to get Sig Red over any of the colors, and especially so if I were predisposed to red already. I mean.. Sig Red!

14. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Ah yea that would make sense as to why there are so few MC red photos.

15. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

red mc tesla model x.jpg
    I think I finally found an MC red X that doesn't look a sig red in a bright room :)
    I found it while browsing random Model X sightings and the user Jeddi posted this picture.

16. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

Ouch ... I am not sure the speaks well for Multi-coat Red. :wink:

17. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Darn! Your right it looks like its being held together with duct tape and it's taillights are missing... I wonder if all MC reds will come standard with this feature...

18. hill

hill Active Member

Maybe that's just the primer
    :frown:

19. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

I also just found a good comparison photo of the Model X sig red to the MC red. Found it on "Flock of Model X's at San Diego prep center" thread original poster was stephenpace.
    X North Houston 2.jpg
    You can see the sig red X and then behind it there is another MC red X.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe that after they put the paint on they bake it to dry and once it's dry they continue assembly. However it looks like that X is still in the "assembly phase" ;)

20. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

Sig red better by far IMO than mc red.....I do like mc red a lot on the S though. The very bright lighting in the factory might make it look weird too in that pic.