Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red multi-coat production Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have pictures of the red multi-coat production Model X? I've looked everywhere and nobody seems to have that color. If you have pictures of one please post.

I think it is the same color as the Red Multi Coat on the Model S. There should be plenty of places to see the color. I would post our three year old red multi coat S but a newer car would be a better place to compare colors.

My wife really likes the red S so we doubled down went sig red with the X.

I have not not seen a multi coat red X either. It was/is a Sig option so there may be one out there in that color.

image.jpeg

Yea I understand that the red multi-coat is the same as the Model S but I would really like to see how it looks like on the Model X. I've seen the CGI's but a nice photo of a red multi-coat Model X would be so much more pleasing.

I saw one... Let me see if I can find it. I've had two MC red S's so I'm biast, but I thought it looked really good on the X. But I would only go that route if you don't mind a ton of tesla time everywhere you go. It will definitely get attention.

Edit: I believe this is MC red

a716670eacfe6851c9e07f81b666254e.jpg

9c93b557cd3ba2944c3e11a6a8d3d0cc.jpg

Perhaps it's (simple) psychology. Why do many people buy class rings? It's not because they're so beautiful; but rather, it signifies you belong to a special club. In the case of the X (and S), Sig. Red signifies your X is in an elite category (pun fully intended)/higher status. MC Red is available even to plebes like me. So if you're inclined to buy red anyway, I imagine almost all of the Sig. reservation holders will get Sig. Red because it's exclusive.

Andrew's photos above are MC Red. I'd appreciate any others being put in the MC red thread I linked to above. It'll be really helpful for people who have questions about colors to see them in different lights/angles, etc.

Also, agree 100% with Bobby. If I had a Signature reservation, I'd be tempted to get Sig Red over any of the colors, and especially so if I were predisposed to red already. I mean.. Sig Red!

I also just found a good comparison photo of the Model X sig red to the MC red. Found it on "Flock of Model X's at San Diego prep center" thread original poster was stephenpace.
X North Houston 2.jpg

You can see the sig red X and then behind it there is another MC red X.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe that's just the primer
:frown:
I believe that after they put the paint on they bake it to dry and once it's dry they continue assembly. However it looks like that X is still in the "assembly phase" ;)