Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red vs Blue

If you could only chose red or blue for your Model 3, which would you choose?

• Red

Votes: 51 41.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 73 58.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm prefer conservative colors (boring right?) so I'm going with midnight silver. However, I think a good middle ground is the blue - enough to make an impression but also not bright enough to draw a lot of attention.

I have the same question as well. Are all the other paints NOT multiple coats? If so, that alone makes me want the red and white. I am assuming multiple coats will be more durable.
What is meant by "multi-coat" in regards to the white and red is that there is an additional pearlescent clearcoat applied. I believe both of these colors also have a white basecoat on top of the primer, then the white or red metallic color, then pearlescent coat, and finally regular clearcoat, hence the name "multi-coat". Other manufactures offer similar colors, but usually just call them pearl metallic or something like that.

Theoretically, they might be more durable with more coats, but the downside is that any touchups needed from scratches or panels replaced because of accidents, makes it very hard to color match due to pearlescent metallic nature.

Reactions: DR61