Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Y Deliveries Incoming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got text for red AWD 19” no FSD vin 9944 for Rocklin CA delivery next week. 8th digit is E which is standard dual motor.

Now I'm wondering why my red 19" AWD 5xxx, and many others like it, have an F in the 8th digit. I have an E in position 7 like all Teslas. We'll have to share motor model numbers when we get our vehicles to see if they are different.

In Rocklin, CA.

Attachments

• CC3309F2-0396-4908-B7D4-9660A201BDB5.jpeg
    CC3309F2-0396-4908-B7D4-9660A201BDB5.jpeg
    920.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Reborn and Picasso
What a nice day. I dropped my 2017 Model S (bought this January) off at Paramus to get the MCU and AP upgraded. We saw our first Model Y, a MSM model which was also in for service (it was making some kind of weird groaning noise from the front even though it was parked) and also a blue model parked for a test drive (or purchase?) that someone else was in. I wanted to ask them to open the trunk, but didn't feel to comfortable with distancing and etc. It's a nice looking car, although certainly nothing distinctive like a Model S, Model 3 or our old BMW 530xi wagon. I had ordered red, but in the last few weeks as people said MSM was easier to get, I started wondering about it and my wife said she didn't want red. I was going to contact Tesla and tell them today, but she saw the MSM and said, you know, let's get red. For one, you'll always see your car in the parking lot (although I'll have to keep speeding to the Model S) and it is a classic color, much like a Jeep. I've had two blue cars and am done with that for now. So, I checked my accounts page and there, in the code is the VIN for the first time… 62XX. So how long is it between VIN and delivery these days? I've got a lot of plants to haul.

Mine is a long range and it has an F in the 8th character place as well.

What a nice day. I dropped my 2017 Model S (bought this January) off at Paramus to get the MCU and AP upgraded. We saw our first Model Y, a MSM model which was also in for service (it was making some kind of weird groaning noise from the front even though it was parked) and also a blue model parked for a test drive (or purchase?) that someone else was in. I wanted to ask them to open the trunk, but didn't feel to comfortable with distancing and etc. It's a nice looking car, although certainly nothing distinctive like a Model S, Model 3 or our old BMW 530xi wagon. I had ordered red, but in the last few weeks as people said MSM was easier to get, I started wondering about it and my wife said she didn't want red. I was going to contact Tesla and tell them today, but she saw the MSM and said, you know, let's get red. For one, you'll always see your car in the parking lot (although I'll have to keep speeding to the Model S) and it is a classic color, much like a Jeep. I've had two blue cars and am done with that for now. So, I checked my accounts page and there, in the code is the VIN for the first time… 62XX. So how long is it between VIN and delivery these days? I've got a lot of plants to haul.

Mine is a long range and it has an F in the 8th character place as well.
Did you get the Gemini wheels or the 20” induction wheels?

Gemini wheels. My used Model 3 came with 19" wheels and after years of owning BMWs with low profile tires, my kidneys are happy with the small diameter wheels. Plus I understand that performance is better with the small wheels.

I just got a question via SMS. Am I going to trade a car in (no) and use Tesla financing (still yes).

Had to redo my loan because it was more than 60 days but now everything is in the clear and i’m all set for delivery this weekend on sunday. Yay.

They honored my original trade in value of 38k for a 2019 blue sr plus with 19” wheels and fsd.

Also i upgrade to vaporware fsd. I feel dirty.

Yeah, I just had to redo my loan too. It's weird since up until last week the JP Morgan loan was fine. Who knows if they will approve it, I've FIRE'd and am living off investments. Last time we got a loan from JP Morgan and useless ding letters from five other banks. Even if I have to pay cash, I can easily do that, so I don't really care. It gave me the opportunity to redo the loan. Originally it was for the full value, now for $20k.

My backup plan was to business expense it because the SBA wanted to give me 100k for 3.5 which is about the same as the loan from tesla. Don’t worry, i was going to put my businesses logo on the car....