Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced price Autopilot & FSD for existing owners announced March 1st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tweet from Elon

"It’s not exactly symmetric, but it will come with HW3 upgrade long-term"

So looks like HW3 confirmed as part of the upgrade

Note "long term" RED FLAG. Talk about used car sales talk. I have to say my BS meter is going off now with Tesla. What may kill this company is not FUD but their juvenile sales organization and rookie marketing tactics. The have no clue and throw things at the wall and if they don't stick Elon's Twitter account comes in to do damage control. The latter is so ironic.

Last edited:
Wow, so not only we paid more for the car, now we paid more for EAP.
For many paying 5 (or 6k at the time after purchase) was a super though decision, and now we are rewarded by having overpaid?

I'm super confused with what EAP gets you now (for 2018 owners), do you lose NoA, Summon and Autopark or you keep it and enjoy your 5k EAP?

Welcome to the Tesla crud show of pricing. What fools run their sales organization?

I don't know but I like how dynamically they run the show. No one has been able to pull off a new American auto company in the last, oh, I don't know, I think it's about 100 years we've been stuck with the same ones, now we have Tesla and it's exciting to watch how nimble they are. They are definitely not the same "fools" that were running DeLorean! Remember them? LOL!

Regular dealerships make bigger price adjustments than this from customer to customer (on the same day). I'm not sure why the freshman find this so troubling. It's baffling to see them get all upset over nothing.

Last edited:
I'm super confused with what EAP gets you now (for 2018 owners), do you lose NoA, Summon and Autopark or you keep it and enjoy your 5k EAP?

Enhanced AP will continue to have access to NoA on highways/Summon/Autopark. They're not pulling anything from people who already paid.

The question now for people with Enhanced AP is whether the remaining features in FSD (as yet unreleased) are worth gambling the additional $2k on top considering it may be some time before they're functionally useful.

As an aside, I'm not concerned about having "overpaid" - I went in eyes wide open knowing I was buying a piece of high-tech gear and this is the norm in any space where technology rapidly advances. I was happy with what I was getting for the price at the time I paid for it, and I love the vehicle. I could have waited 6 months and saved some money, but I also would have missed out on a couple of unforgettable cross country trips.

Last edited:
I got EAP for 5k...FSD should be free or 1k for the labor to put hw3 in. I’m cool with that. Come on Elon, make it right for us early adopters!!!!

Can't help it, but I gotta call in @MXWing who's been saying FSD is worth much more and $3k/4k/5k/7k is a freaking bargain. Well apparently EM doesn't agree with that idea who's trying to make EV and autonomy more affordable over time.

Obviously, the "worth" of FSD will vary from individual to individual and from time to time - it's not really different than anything else of value in this world. Trying to assign a permanent and singular value to it is a fools game. You might pay $2000 for it today and see it go up to $4000 at a later date. Or down to $1500 (but I doubt it). You pull the trigger when you want, no one is holding a gun to your head.