Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced price Autopilot & FSD for existing owners announced March 1st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD $2k for those who purchased EAP..I guess it is a little bit better
99583490-1608-4457-9129-39189EF5B151.png

I guess I have to jump on chat tomorrow as I paid $3K last night. Can't even get into my car on the website now; get "Access Denied".

Brace for everyone on the forum who bought FSD last night who is about to check in.....

Elon just tweeted that those who bought EAP can upgrade to full self driving for an additional $2k

Elon Musk on Twitter

Last edited:
Reactions: insaneoctane
I paid $5500 for EAP. Many paid $7000. I paid more for EAP alone than AP+FSD cost today. I get that I got the larger tax credit, but 2 price drops plus the new AP/FSD prices in 2 months?

Do you always live your life through the rear-view mirror? That's a sure way to set yourself up for failure and an unhappy life. Always look forward, go make more money, don't cry about past spending. If Elon Musk lived like that he would have been in the poorhouse before he made his first million. I mean he never would have made his first million. He would have been paralyzed about his current financial position. The world is an open oyster. Go make the most of it and never look back. The past is for dummies.

Even with his latest tweet...

If two people bought the exact same car on the same date in 2018 or early 2019, except one purchased no software add on and the other purchased EAP for $5k... the one who bought nothing early gets rewarded now by getting both EAP and FSD for $5k, and the one who bought EAP early will have to end up paying $7k for both EAP and FSD.

Someone explain how that makes sense or is fair.

Last edited:
I work in tech. Price cuts for same product a few months later don't bother me in the least even the Model 3. It happens all the time and is predictable. The latest and greatest is always more money than stuff that's been out for while. I bought the M3 because I knew it would be good AND because I want Tesla to succeed for various reasons. If I just wanted cheapest decent transportation I would have bought a Civic.

I'm not really complaining, just talking. You don't see me on Twitter @'ing Elon demanding things like some that frequent the board or talking about every minor issue I had with delivery.

I'm just saying it has been a crazy 2.5 months since I bought the car. But I enjoy the car, and EAP, and will likely buy the wife a Y.

As I said, I get it. I know the master plan, and would have never assumed that it did not apply to the lifecycle of the 3. Some will pay more, others will pay less.

Do you always live your life through the rear-view mirror? That's a sure way to set yourself up for failure and an unhappy life. Always look forward, go make more money, don't cry about past spending. If Elon Musk lived like that he would have been in the poorhouse before he made his first million. I mean he never would have made his first million. He would have been paralyzed about his current financial position. The world is an open oyster. Go make the most of it and never look back. The past is for dummies.

What a freakin cluster. This would be a virtual non issue if they made the price for both $8K. Instead someone at TESLA can’t do basic math and said $5K for both screwing all that paid $5K for EAP or $8K originally for FSD.

Now Elon also can’t do basic math and is saying you need to pay an additional $2K if you have EAP today. So now those customers will be in the whole for $7K.

What a freakin cluster. This would be a virtual non issue if they made the price for both $8K. Instead someone at TESLA can’t do basic math and said $5K for both screwing all that paid $5K for EAP or $8K originally for FSD.

Now Elon also can’t do basic math and is saying you need to pay an additional $2K if you have EAP today. So now those customers will be in the whole for $7K.
Have you received $0 in value from EAP in the months/years you’ve had it?