Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced price Autopilot & FSD for existing owners announced March 1st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something to point out : In addition to 10x improvement in frames per second, HW3 also allows access to new neural nets that are finished but unable to roll out to HW2.5. Elon mentioned this in a tweet a while back.

I'm buying FSD just to make the current EAP features better. Don't need many more features, just want lane change and nav to work way, way better than they do. Especially lane change, which is useless in 80% of cases for me. Tired of swerving all over the road, sigh. (I've been bug reporting them when they fail)

If they can throw in some features like reading stop lights or driving on residential curves (which it currently does pretty badly, mostly, even though its a fun video game to play), great!

$2k is basically the cost of a good nvidia GPU anyway...

Reactions: steve in socal
Not sure if any Model 3 owner experienced the same: but in Europe, we are not able to find the FSD after sale option on our account page.
Basically no way of ordering it for the Model 3, yet Model S and X owners can order it at a discount.

Service Center calls are being replied with "it's a global issue", so if any of you that could not order it can confirm?

Greetings from Belgium!

If you have nothing nice to say about Tesla... Didn't we learn that at a young age?

I'm a Tesla 3 owner for a month so I'm still a novice to Tesla world. But seriously, isn't it clear the company acts like a mom and pop flying by the seat of their pants while somehow producing cars that are truly phenomenal and world class. What if you had all that corporate stability and consistent messages, then you get GM, or Ford. Give me the cowboy culture over the white shirt boardrooms that produced crap like the Volt or the ugly Bolt. No thanks.

I was on an EAP 30 day trial and ponied up the $5K for AP and FSD yesterday, six days early. I figure it's not going lower than $5K and likely to go higher.

Has Tesla/Elon ever mentioned something about reading speed limit signs? I know AP1 did it and I'm still finding tons of mistakes in the map data and it's annoying having autopilot think it's slower than it is and locked to only going 10 over. I know to just press the go pedal but I'm hoping HW3 and FSD introduce that functionality in the coming months.

What fraction of these numbers is your $3k? ;)

Revenue: US$21.461 billion (2018)
Operating income: US$-0.388 billion (2018)
Net income: US$−0.976 billion (2018)
Couldn't the same be said about everything?

Every little bit helps if enough people are doing something.

How much am I really saving the environment by driving an EV? or using a bit less water? or recycling? or, or, or,......

Has Tesla/Elon ever mentioned something about reading speed limit signs? I know AP1 did it and I'm still finding tons of mistakes in the map data and it's annoying having autopilot think it's slower than it is and locked to only going 10 over. I know to just press the go pedal but I'm hoping HW3 and FSD introduce that functionality in the coming months.

A YouTuber claimed that when he bug reported the incorrect speed, within a few weeks it would get updated.

I once read that MobileEye has the patent for this, though a number of luxury car makers also have the feature. It's unclear if they are licensing from MobilEye to do this.